Author Topic: Need input - Crafting Item.xls  (Read 5631 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Need input - Crafting Item.xls
« on: December 31, 2015, 05:07:43 PM »
I need to add items to 4 crafting jobs: Blacksmith, Cobbler, Jeweler and Tailor
Blacksmith already makes a few items but the others only make 1 item as a place holder.
I have made an xls with the items that I have already sorted, some of them I have already given numbers but others need them.
There are 5 columns:
Where: what job the item will be made with
Magic: the makers minimum magic level
Cost: how many craft points it costs to make the item
Others: anything else needed to make the item
Desc: the description in the .itemsx file ( to make it easier to come to a number for the item.)

Craft points are created by job performance and modified by several factors.
I have items divided into groups of <50, 50-99, 100-149, 150-199, 200-249 and >=250
The girl ends up with a certain amount of points that the game then randomly chooses from the highest group she can make.
If she only has 1 point, she could make 1 item worth a max of 49 points, if she has 49 points she could possibly make 48 items worth 1 point plus 1 item worth 49 points.
The items are rolled until her points go negative.

So:
1. get points from job performance
2. adjust for various things (filthiness, enjoyment, tiredness, slave, etc.)
3. choose a group
4. roll for the item
5a. if she meets the other requirements, make the item and remove the points
5b. if not, -10 points and no item
6. repeat 3-5 until she uses all her points

Download the file, add in what you think they should need and attach it to your response.
I will compile the responses and fill out the jobs when I get enough time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 05:11:58 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Baal

Re: Need input - Crafting Item.xls
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 07:02:44 PM »
Got a question, I use items from the Bowmans pack and Fat Kyubey may I include them?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 07:06:45 PM »
Got a question, I use items from the Bowmans pack and Fat Kyubey may I include them?
Sure, attach the .itemsx files and I will add them to the game too.
I just made the list with the items I already have in the game so any more items I can add in to the game.

Offline Baal

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 07:11:50 PM »
Sure, attach the .itemsx files and I will add them to the game too.
I just made the list with the items I already have in the game so any more items I can add in to the game.

Awesome! I'll be working on excel then, an ideal for a job could be a bookmaker or something like a bookmaker, for journals, scrolls, and such.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 07:20:55 PM »
an ideal for a job could be a bookmaker or something like a bookmaker, for journals, scrolls, and such.
Farm Researcher already does this.
They can make: "Codex of Asclepius", "Codex of Eros", "Codex of Mars", "Codex of Sappho", "Codex of Submission", "Codex of the Arcane", "Codex of the Courtesan", "Farmer's Guide", "Fertility Tome", "Manual of Arms", "Manual of Bondage", "Manual of Health", "Manual of Magic", "Manual of Sex", "Manual of Two Roses", "Manual of the Dancer"
If you have more, add them in with Research as the where line.

Offline Baal

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 07:24:28 PM »
Farm Researcher already does this.
They can make: "Codex of Asclepius", "Codex of Eros", "Codex of Mars", "Codex of Sappho", "Codex of Submission", "Codex of the Arcane", "Codex of the Courtesan", "Farmer's Guide", "Fertility Tome", "Manual of Arms", "Manual of Bondage", "Manual of Health", "Manual of Magic", "Manual of Sex", "Manual of Two Roses", "Manual of the Dancer"
If you have more, add them in with Research as the where line.

Ah, I didn't know, I'll work on a list for them. Care if I make a list for other farmer jobs. All items are together so it wouldn't hurt. (might even make it easier) Or are you squared away on those jobs?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 07:46:47 PM »
Ah, I didn't know, I'll work on a list for them. Care if I make a list for other farmer jobs. All items are together so it wouldn't hurt. (might even make it easier) Or are you squared away on those jobs?
Baker, Brewer, Butcher, Farmer, Researcher, Gardener, Make Items, and Make Potions already make things.
They should all be good but you can look in the source code to see what they make if you want to add more.

Offline Baal

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 12:03:59 AM »
Baker, Brewer, Butcher, Farmer, Researcher, Gardener, Make Items, and Make Potions already make things.
They should all be good but you can look in the source code to see what they make if you want to add more.

I can see what needs more items. I might make some more items particularly for the more specific jobs, farmer, gardeners, brewers and bakers. For others that are interested here are some of the items that aren't made by a job. It also has almost all the items that others have made. Credit to Fat Kyubey and Bowman, I'd add Jonwich's but there isn't a registered slave, livestock, urinal and so forth trait in the vanilla mod. So it may have issues.

https://mega.nz/#!lJBwjbBR!hmOvuT3AlOICEPofutjWF-dBLlKJ5G4yNkXxvZqmeiY
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:10:05 AM by Baal »

Offline jonwich

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 08:12:02 PM »
I might add them in my own mod later on. If I do, I might increase all the prices of the items as well, to make it more desirable to have someone making them. And, y'know, to force me to write text for those jobs in the long run.

Offline Baal

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 01:13:17 AM »
I might add them in my own mod later on. If I do, I might increase all the prices of the items as well, to make it more desirable to have someone making them. And, y'know, to force me to write text for those jobs in the long run.

Go for it! More necessary things to craft is great! You know how to make traits, so have some more fun with those as well. I'll be looking forward to your new version. If I knew how to code for this game I'd make all sorts of things. For one, I'd make a temple and a place to store items out of the players inventory.

A question for Aevojoey can items have a requirement for having an item in it's inventory, tobacco for example being used to make a carton of cigarettes?

Offline Baal

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 11:46:51 PM »
Finished the girls and have some time on my hands, so i'm working on this. I have a few questions though. Can the Blacksmith serve as a factory as well, as things like Muffit II is a robot.