devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3788600 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: PyTFall Dev Thread: Writers needed!
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2013, 09:24:44 AM »
Two questions.
Should images names start with a small letter, i.e. "profile 0" but not "Profile 0"?
And what about "occupation" thing in xml?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:28:32 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2013, 01:34:34 PM »
Should images names start with a small letter, i.e. "profile 0" but not "Profile 0"?

Yeap, small letters. It's easy to rename files in Windows in batch or you can just use renamer software with custom settings.

And what about "occupation" thing in xml?

I am not entirely sure myself... :D

Occupation is what she is suppose to be doing in game. For now I've used warrior and prostitute. I am also thinking about adventurer, undecided, teacher, nurse, priest and maybe merchant. Basically this is for an extra (if == prostitute: then .....) check during recruiting in town. The idea is to allow easy recruiting for players that don't want to spend time chatting, doing some quests and raising disposition. If she is a prostitute, she can be recruited on first or second meeting and will work for you for a decent fee for as long as she remains happy.

I would use 'prostitute' or 'warrior' for now, but you can add more if you feel like it. It will not mess with game.

Location is whereever a girl is at this moment, it is already used by the game a LOT.

Status: It is supposed to be girl's legal social rank determining her rights. So far I want to use: slave, free, foreigner, worker (peasant), citizen, noble, royalty. It will be used in some events and in WMlike version during slave conversion (trying to enslave a citizen, noble or royalty without heavy preparations will result in game over by decapitation of player).
For now just use 'free' I guess.

Status and Occupation I am planning to start using to a point soon in PyTFall and to use HEAVILY when we enter WM territory (Dungeons, Slave training and so on) after version 1.0 of PyTFall is ready.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2013, 01:58:16 PM »
I see. Well, in the first place I'll convert my wm ex packs.
It's a shame that Future's packs are inaccessible anymore, I really liked them. I wonder if someone still has backups.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2013, 02:08:33 PM »
I see. Well, in the first place I'll convert my wm ex packs.
It's a shame that Future's packs are inaccessible anymore, I really liked them. I wonder if someone still has backups.

I have all of those but cannot upload anything right now :(

Will have to wait a week at least. By the way, if there are packs with rest and/or some sort of striptease category, DO NOT REMOVE those please. We already need 'rest' and striptease job will be added at some point in the future.
Like what we're doing?

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2013, 05:08:33 PM »
I have all of the WM EX girl files intact, I think.  I'll try to upload them, if anyone wants, along with WM EX itself.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2013, 06:01:27 PM »
I'll try to upload them, if anyone wants, along with WM EX itself.
I would appreciate that.

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2013, 08:28:42 PM »
On it!
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2013, 08:48:21 PM »
Okay, so it turns out the file is 2.92 gigs big, so I don't know where to upload it.  Ideas?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2013, 02:37:05 PM »
Well, dropbox allows you to use at least 2 GB free space. When I'll download them, you will upload another 0,92 GB.
You might also use this referral link so we both get additional 500 MB.

Offline GonDra

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2013, 11:29:34 PM »
Had a surge of creativity and used it partially to work on my projects for PyTFall:
I finished the first draft of a few Traits, fleshed out an idea for a meetscript and put together a girl (Pass: whoremaster) out of pics for a WM girl that I had not finished.

That is it for today, time to sleep.

(Links removed)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:15:23 PM by GonDra »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2013, 05:12:21 AM »
Had a surge of creativity and used it partially to work on my projects for PyTFall:
I finished the first draft of a few Traits, fleshed out an idea for a meetscript and put together a girl (Pass: whoremaster) out of pics for a WM girl that I had not finished.

That is it for today, time to sleep.

I am on a messed up internet connection right now so I cannot download the girl. Maybe for Oral addict trait we could have the game count how many times did the girl have a successful blowjob/lesbo action and work from there... but it looks good, I'll see if I can put in some time into advancing code tonight.

Edit: I got my connection back. Girlpack looks great but some names of pics are a bit off. I did some coding today, mostly logic behind calculating price and upkeep for different types. Groundwork has been set up, tomorrow I'll see if I can add traits and advance work functions.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:50:09 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2013, 05:41:23 AM »
I have converted Aegis pack, same password. I'm not sure what to do with ecchi and combat categories, so I just leave them alone for now. I'm also not sure about quest category, since in your Tifa pack there're two quest categories names, "quest1 0" and "quest2 0".
Let me know if I've made any mistakes.
Oh, and I've used "ai" occupation  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2013, 07:07:47 AM »
I have converted Aegis pack, same password. I'm not sure what to do with ecchi and combat categories, so I just leave them alone for now. I'm also not sure about quest category, since in your Tifa pack there're two quest categories names, "quest1 0" and "quest2 0".
Let me know if I've made any mistakes.
Oh, and I've used "ai" occupation  :)

Looks great,

I think ecchi and battle categories should be just left along for now, we may find use for those later and will most definitely find use for those in WMlike version.

You've missed the main point of battle_sprite and quest categories:
1) These must be .png with transparent backgrounds and not .jpg
2) battle_sprite (2).jpg would prolly look ridiculous in battle scenarios. You need to imagine battlescreen with girls on the left side when you search for those pics.
3) battle_sprite (1).jpg is better but legs are cut. It would look 'ok' but not great.
4) battle_sprite 0.jpg and battle_sprite (3).jpg should both look awesome once background is removed.
5) About quest pics... Tifa's were rushed, that's why there are two quest categories. Basically the idea behind quest category is to use pics in quest created in style of visual novel. Meaning .png files without backgrounds and in the future, variations, same as with profile (if those can be found), like questhappy, questsad, questangry, questneutral and so on.

Last, couple of blowjob pics belonged in group category, not important for testing purposes but should be noted for future.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2013, 08:52:15 AM »
Damn it, totally forgot to remove background after resizing. Here it is, all is done.

Now if I'll convert the rest of mine and Future's (if someone will upload them) persona characters, it will be close to ten.

Btw, if I understand correctly, when we have several characters from the same game/anime/etc., then we must use one data.xml for all of them. It means that character installation is not as user friendly as in vanilla wm, since players must either manually edit xml for each added character, or just install the whole pack with premade xml even if they only want a couple of characters.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:17:12 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2013, 11:51:36 AM »
Damn it, totally forgot to remove background after resizing. Here it is, all is done.

Now if I'll convert the rest of mine and Future's (if someone will upload them) persona characters, it will be close to ten.

Ok, after you're done, I'll start working on girlsmeet townscreens. For now there is more than enough work with functions and it is going very, very slow because I am still down with flu and cannot focus :(

Btw, if I understand correctly, when we have several characters from the same game/anime/etc., then we must use one data.xml for all of them. It means that character installation is not as user friendly as in vanilla wm, since players must either manually edit xml for each added character, or just install the whole pack with premade xml even if they only want a couple of characters.

Well, my logic is that people tend to pick shows that they like and are familiar with. In such a case they would prefer all girls from the series. Also this way makes it a lot easier to prevent doubles, so there are some advantages and there is nothing preventing creating a folder Naruto-TL-Mod with it's own data.xml file.

If needs be, it should be possible to recode loading function but at this point there is no way of knowing what a better approach would be.
Like what we're doing?