devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619217 times)

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #1185 on: January 10, 2017, 03:33:38 PM »
I never dug into the code, but it seems to be related to filename cases. Windows in general is case-insensitive - in Windows on an NTFS drive you can call image.jpg, Image.jpg, or image.JPG and get the same file every time. Generally in Linux the case has to match, even on filesystems that aren't case-sensitive. I've noticed that girl pics starting with capital letters (Profile.jpg vs profile.jpg) seem to be recognized but not categorized as relevant images.

Thank you that is truely the problem. now i have to figure out if i should build a lil program that will fix the case or if i should edit the game so it fixes it for all linux users
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #1186 on: January 10, 2017, 04:39:37 PM »
I decided to build a small program. if anyone else would like it feel free to message me
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1187 on: January 11, 2017, 07:56:01 PM »
This is still present in 06.02.54, so I guess you're still on it? (message appearing even when set to rest in both slots).
"WARNING! [insert girl name] is desparatly in need of rest.
Give her some free time"

I cleaned up the formatting below:

"WARNING! [insert girl name] is desperately in need of rest.
Give her some free time."
I missed a part when I fixed it before, there was a place in the farm code where it was checking happiness>80 instead of tiredness>80

Also, I forgot to release .06.02.55 before I went to bed sunday night and I have not taken my laptop out at home until today.
I will get it out tonight.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline blx

« Reply #1188 on: January 12, 2017, 10:06:41 AM »
Starting from version .06.02.53, game crash somewhere between autosave and weekly report.
Here save files and gamelog from version .06.02.55.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1189 on: January 12, 2017, 05:17:48 PM »
Starting from version .06.02.53, game crash somewhere between autosave and weekly report.
Here save files and gamelog from version .06.02.55.
The problem is being caused by gangs being called from inside jobs. It seems to be random as to when exactly it happens so I am having a hard time narrowing it down.

Offline skriveavis

« Reply #1190 on: January 12, 2017, 05:51:21 PM »
Made a list of grammatical errors in Week Summary. I would've corrected them myself and sent a pull request if I weren't so afraid of fucking something up when using github.

Anger Management (I think several jobs in the center have the same typo)
Asuka Langley SoryuShe fought with her counselor and did not make any progress this week.
Asuka Langley Soryu fought with her counselor and did not make any progress this week.

Personal training
Wanting her for yourself, You decide to teach her how to ride a dick like a pro.
Wanting her for yourself, you decide to teach her how to ride a dick like a pro.

Strip Club Stripper
Sold a few lap dance.
Sold a few lap dances. or << girlName << sold a few lap dances.

Brothel Stripper
was able to sell a lap dance.In one of the private shows, she ended up fucking the customer as well, making him very happy.
<< girlName << was able to sell a lap dance. In one of the private shows, she ended up fucking the customer as well, making him very happy.

Peep Show
Suguha Kirigaya swinging her boobs and ass in a very sexual way.
Suguha Kirigaya is swinging her boobs and ass in a very sexual way.

Strip Club Waitress
She must be the perfect waitress customers go on and on about her and always come to see her when she works.
She must be the perfect waitress, as customers go on and on about her and always come to see her when she works.

House Pet
  • Today she was a bad girl! Bad.Otherwise, the shift passed uneventfully.
    Today she was a bad girl! Bad. Otherwise, the shift passed uneventfully.
  • You clip a leash to Argentina’s collar and she barks uneasily. She knows she’s just your pet bitch, but she remembers when she wasn’t. She hasn’t quite embraced this life yet.
    [This paragraph comes up twice in a row. It happened in the text "…the head girl happened by as you spent an afternoon working out a new business strategy…", but not in the others that I saw. Haven't checked all options.]
  • << headname << comes out as “the Head girl”. Should be “The Head Girl” I think?
  • The texts for House Pet has a lot of typos and incorrect verb tenses, but I don’t trust myself to edit correctly in C++, nor do I think people bother enough for it to matter.
Gangs

• Double spaces after “Gang” and again after gang name. E.g. “Gang  Unsightly Mavericks  is guarding.” I haven't checked all jobs, but it seems to count for several.
  • You have completed your objective to Gain control 3 new businesses.
    You get a Incense of Serenity (L),

You have completed your objective to “Gain control 3 new businesses”.
    You receive an item called "Incense of Serenity (L)".
Concerning the last bullet point, there was a misplaced comma at the end but also a suggestion for quotation marks around the completed job and received item.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:02:41 PM by skriveavis »

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #1191 on: January 12, 2017, 05:59:34 PM »
Made a list of grammatical errors in Week Summary. I would've corrected them myself and sent a pull request if I weren't so afraid of fucking something up when using github.

Asuka Langley SoryuShe fought with her counselor and did not make any progress this week.
Asuka Langley Soryu fought with her counselor and did not make any progress this week.

Personal training
Wanting her for yourself, You decide to teach her how to ride a dick like a pro.
Wanting her for yourself, you decide to teach her how to ride a dick like a pro.

Strip Club Stripper
Sold a few lap dance.
Sold a few lap dances. or << girlName << sold a few lap dances.

Brothel Stripper
was able to sell a lap dance.In one of the private shows, she ended up fucking the customer as well, making him very happy.
<< girlName << was able to sell a lap dance. In one of the private shows, she ended up fucking the customer as well, making him very happy.

Peep Show
Suguha Kirigaya swinging her boobs and ass in a very sexual way.
Suguha Kirigaya is swinging her boobs and ass in a very sexual way.

Strip Club Waitress
She must be the perfect waitress customers go on and on about her and always come to see her when she works.
She must be the perfect waitress, as customers go on and on about her and always come to see her when she works.

House Pet
  • Today she was a bad girl! Bad.Otherwise, the shift passed uneventfully.
    Today she was a bad girl! Bad. Otherwise, the shift passed uneventfully.
  • You clip a leash to Argentina’s collar and she barks uneasily. She knows she’s just your pet bitch, but she remembers when she wasn’t. She hasn’t quite embraced this life yet.
    [This paragraph comes up twice in a row. It happened in the text "…the head girl happened by as you spent an afternoon working out a new business strategy…", but not in the others that I saw. Haven't checked all options.]
  • << headname << comes out as “the Head girl”. Should be “The Head Girl” I think?
  • The texts for House Pet has a lot of typos and incorrect verb tenses, but I don’t trust myself to edit correctly in C++, nor do I think people bother enough for it to matter.
Gangs

• Double spaces after “Gang” and again after gang name. E.g. “Gang  Unsightly Mavericks  is guarding.” I haven't checked all jobs, but it seems to count for several.
  • You have completed your objective to Gain control 3 new businesses.

You get an item called "Incense of Serenity (L)".
Concerning the last bullet point, there was a misplaced comma at the end but also a suggestion for quotation marks around the completed job and received item.

Thank you i will take a look at them and get them fixed.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1192 on: January 12, 2017, 07:19:56 PM »
I am going over the start of all the jobs looking for this kind of thing.

Personal training
This is a flow issue, the "Wanting her for yourself, " is one part and the "You decide..." is another part.
The first part is not always there so putting the second part as lower could make it look worse than keeping the capital You.

Strip Club Stripper
Brothel Stripper
Peep Show
Strip Club Waitress
House Pet
I'll let Mute work on the fine details of the jobs.

Double spaces after “Gang” and again after gang name. E.g. “Gang  Unsightly Mavericks  is guarding.” I haven't checked all jobs, but it seems to count for several.
This is intended, it is to make it stand out.
This is in a few of the jobs also.

You have completed your objective to Gain control 3 new businesses.

You receive an item called "Incense of Serenity (L)".
I will go over the Objective rewards tonight.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:27:30 PM by aevojoey »

Offline oldcityguy

« Reply #1193 on: January 14, 2017, 03:37:52 PM »
Version 6.02.56 (and .55). Bar barmaid job causes 87 tiredness from 1 shift. Strip club barmaid job does not cause this. The bar barmaid job is brings in a lot money unlike the other barmaid jobs. Is the tiredness related to the number of drinks the barmaid serves? As it is, even though the barmaid job pays well, it is not worth the amount of tiredness.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #1194 on: January 14, 2017, 04:37:52 PM »
Version 6.02.56 (and .55). Bar barmaid job causes 87 tiredness from 1 shift. Strip club barmaid job does not cause this. The bar barmaid job is brings in a lot money unlike the other barmaid jobs. Is the tiredness related to the number of drinks the barmaid serves? As it is, even though the barmaid job pays well, it is not worth the amount of tiredness.

It is based on drinks surved. but i'm going to fix it for better balence

Offline skriveavis

« Reply #1195 on: January 14, 2017, 06:21:41 PM »
A girl in Rehab was marked as dead although the week summary text said she survived (but almost died). Screenshot attached. Week summary in the following week correctly reported her death.

Also, Job Preferences are missing Cleaning in all but the Brothel category (intentional?)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:35:26 PM by skriveavis »

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #1196 on: January 14, 2017, 06:45:17 PM »

This will be fixed next update :)

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #1197 on: January 15, 2017, 06:36:26 AM »
So ... I don't know if this is a bug or just some weird consequence of some new coding, but for some reason I started getting crippling slow-downs when loading and saving my games (with .02.56), so I started poking around trying to figure out what was going on.  So I checked my Saves, and two of them are ~3000 kb - they're ones I haven't used since .52.  The one I've been using in .56 is 198,315 kb.  Naturally, this rather disturbed me.   And, well ... from line 58259 (in Notepad++) to line 942994 are all Scenes for the Studio.

On the plus side, I can now Create a movie worth 128065536 Gold.  It appears to consist of scenes 33-48 repeated ... several times over.

Offline jimbobiii

« Reply #1198 on: January 15, 2017, 07:29:44 AM »
There's this nugget from the changelog for .55:
Movie scenes now get saved and loaded
I'm gonna guess there were some unintended effects - maybe some sort of duplication per save/load?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1199 on: January 15, 2017, 09:36:18 AM »
So ... I don't know if this is a bug or just some weird consequence of some new coding, but for some reason I started getting crippling slow-downs when loading and saving my games (with .02.56), so I started poking around trying to figure out what was going on.  So I checked my Saves, and two of them are ~3000 kb - they're ones I haven't used since .52.  The one I've been using in .56 is 198,315 kb.  Naturally, this rather disturbed me.   And, well ... from line 58259 (in Notepad++) to line 942994 are all Scenes for the Studio.

On the plus side, I can now Create a movie worth 128065536 Gold.  It appears to consist of scenes 33-48 repeated ... several times over.
I have not been able to get the repeating scenes to happen but I do see the number of scenes getting too big.
I will have to make the game automatically create movies from scenes so they stay in check.
I will add a config setting so it will be optional.