Author Topic: A question about Random Triggers  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
A question about Random Triggers
« on: April 13, 2010, 05:40:16 PM »
Before I get started I'd like to thank you guys for making this game. I just love the potential for customization it has. Which is exactly why I was screwing around with scripts in the first place. :D

So here is my question. Is the Random  trigger actually implemented in the current version? If it is, then is there a special syntax needed in the Init part of the script file it points to?

I'm probably screwing something up on my end, but with you guys working on the new scripting engine, it might just be a case of waiting for that to come out in the new version (lua was it?) Since the old version is borked beyond repair.

Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: A question about Random Triggers
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 06:36:01 PM »
So here is my question. Is the Random  trigger actually implemented in the current version? If it is, then is there a special syntax needed in the Init part of the script file it points to?

Good question. I converted the trigger file to XML, but I didn't do much testing beyond existing triggers. I think some of them haven't worked for ages.

with you guys working on the new scripting engine, it might just be a case of waiting for that to come out in the new version (lua was it?) Since the old version is borked beyond repair.

Lua is correct. It's going to be a little while before that's entirely usable, if only because there's a ton of interface funcs I need to write. On the other hand, there doesn't seem much point digging into the innards of GameScript, so if you can hang on a little bit longer, I'll see if I can expedite matters :)

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 06:51:51 PM »
Ah so it is a case of "wait for the next version" then.

I was hoping it didn't have anything to do with the move to XML. I remember reading that you dropped the old text file trigger format all together due to comparability fears. So that's out as a work around. Oh well, the "girl comes to you looking for work" script goes on the back burner for now.

Edit: I don't want to flood the forum with questions in one day so I'll ask another question here first.

What are the flags for the SetGirlFlag function. It says there are 29. So it can't be a combination of stats and skills. Is it Things like virginity and death? Just curious.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 08:10:09 PM by Lorde »
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 03:06:14 AM »
Its been a while since i messed with the script system, its actually a similar system to Balders Gate... although much more primitive. The flags from memory are just empty variables that you can use for whatever you want. So in one script you may set one of the flags and in another script you might check for that flag to determine if something happened in the last script. Well thats the basic idea anyway.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)