devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master 7  (Read 41554 times)

Offline h1262216

Whore Master 7
« on: April 24, 2021, 03:15:24 PM »
I've been working on an updated version for quite some time, and though there is still quite a bit unfinished, I think the number of game-breaking problems is sufficiently low by now that it is ready for testing by some wider audience.
You can find the download for the new version here:
https://github.com/h1262216/crazys-wm-mod/releases/tag/v7.1.2-beta4

I'd be happy to hear your feedback, both in terms of bugs and problems that you found, but also regarding the new game mechanics (e.g. training job; movie studio, ...)
If you want to help the development of the game or want to do some modding yourself, but don't know C++, you may want to have a look at the new lua scripts (under `Resources/Scripts`)
and the job xml files (`Resources/Data/Job`). Especially the latter should make it easy to add more variation to the text messages. If you have questions about these, feel free to ask.

I'm also working on a new image tagging implementation, the current version for that can be found here:
https://github.com/h1262216/crazys-wm-mod/releases/tag/v7.2.1-beta7
I think gameplay should be mostly stable in this version, too, but the image tagging and image selection algorithm are still being worked on.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 01:43:46 PM by h1262216 »

Offline JacenRaze

Re: Whore Master 7
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 07:06:57 PM »
A couple of problems I've found in your game. "Whore" jobs and "Intern" at the clinic cause issues on the turn summary screen, and time won't always move forward when you end the week. the girls detail screen at the farm, doesn't have a "Producers" section and the "Laborers" section is listed twice. Some events cause, like impregnation, will cause pop-ups to happen multiple times, and girls can be captured or found in events multiple times as well. these are the more major ones I've found.

Offline h1262216

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 06:45:18 PM »
thanks for the report. The missing "Producers" is an easy fix. For the things that cause problems during the turn summary, the game should give an error message (that should also be in the gamelog.txt if you search for ERROR). That would be helpful in tracking down the cause of the error. For the event, I guess I'll have to investigate.

Offline JacenRaze

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 10:17:45 PM »
I could not find the original message, nut instead of an error, it gave an 'identity' warning about the job, then it would stay in the same week, but with reset button values and events basically ignored. it was kind of weird. Currently I'm trying to get it to happen again so I can screen shot it.

Offline h1262216

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 07:41:11 PM »
I've uploaded a small update that fixes a few bugs.

## Fixes
* fixed releasing customers from dungeon
* fixed missing half of arena meet script
* girls from arena tryouts are now send to arena
* fixed naming error for brothel background images
* fixed saving/loading of missions
* fixed anger management/extreme therapy jobs

Offline spiker1984

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 02:25:17 AM »
Just wanted to say that I'm loving this new updated version. Thanks for the incredible amount of time you have clearly sunk into this.
I haven't actually had a chance to try out the Movie Studio yet, but I'm excited to do so.

Offline harold

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 03:29:30 AM »
Hi.  I ran into a bug where the same person is found when clicking the Walk Around Town button.  It has happened during the first few new games I've started.  Really enjoying the game so far.  Uploaded a savegame file.  Please let me know if you need anything else.

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2021, 07:45:46 PM »
Hey, H126. Glad to see that someone's trying to breathe life into this old girl again. I wish you the best of luck with your efforts.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline h1262216

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 06:27:08 AM »
@spiker
Please let me know what you think about the new studio mechanics, haven't had that much feedback on that

@harold
I'm a bit busy with other stuff right now, but I'll try to look into it sometime.

If somebody else experiences the same problem, please let me know.

Offline Shadowflux

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 12:00:05 PM »
Hi h1262216

You are doing great work.

Seen bugs:
1. Can confirm duplication issue when searching streets.
2. One of the streets chats seems to have no end and it throws me into the empty background.
3. Issue with people not going back to work after rest.
4. There is one more but this can wait till I remember it. (It pops an error message during the next turn)

Suggestions:
1. In-Game menu -> move settings and save the game there.
2. Next turn should be available from also from outside buildings.
3. More Settings in New Game creation is great but maybe make it modified settings exportable.
4. Set default interaction count also at the beginning of the game.
5. R@pe Street and Brothel should have an addition (R@pe All) that affects everybody but has an even lower chance to happen. For consistency.
6. 2k (1440p) resolution support
7. Better looking UI with dark mode, as usual, people do not play it during the day.
8. Game should allow store REAL girls, 3D and animated separately and allow switch between them or allow choose all via settings.
8a. It should also affect backgrounds. And allow choosing one if all were selected.
9. Interactions could be bought from everywhere or in a shop instead of only at home.

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 10:57:43 AM »
How can you make some personal changes? With previous versions it was Visual Studio 2013.

Offline h1262216

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2021, 12:15:17 PM »
@Shadowfluxthanks for the feedback. Some of the things you've listed should be easily fixable, but others may be quite difficult:

Rearranging menu positions, 2k resultion etc will be relativly easy
Allowing several girl folders, and selecting specific ones per savegame (this is what you want, right) should also be doable.

Thinks that actually require new graphics (like a dark mode) will be difficult, though, since this would require e.g. redoing all the buttons, backgrounds etc. If someone here on the forums provides me with the corresponding assets, I can add that to the game though.
Even for normal development, the missing graphics are already a problem, e.g. I don't know which font was used on the buttons, so the ones I've added look a it different.

Not sure about the interactions thing, I think originally the idea was to also give the PC levelable stats that would affect this (but I guess the ability to buy even more would still be wanted by some players)

@Hazure
The code is on github, you can modify it with whatever editor or IDE you want. The more challenging part is probably to get it to build under windows.
However, note that many changes that would have required editing the C++ code and rebuilding can be done by modifying XML files or lua scripts in this version. That is still work in progress, though, so there are still many in-game texts that are C++ only.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 11:59:42 AM by h1262216 »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2021, 08:13:27 AM »
I don't know which font was used on the buttons, so the ones I've added look a it different.
The font for the buttons is "Hobo Std", except for the arrow buttons which use the Arial font.

Offline h1262216

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2021, 02:06:19 PM »
@Dagoth
thanks, now I can at least get the correct font, even though the rest of the button still rests on my meager photoshop skills to copy the other buttons

@Shadowflux
I don't have a 1440p monitor, could you check whether the attached interface files do the job?

Offline Arkandan

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2021, 03:10:12 AM »
I can also confirm duped girls on the streets. I also got hit with a -2.14746e09 "income" which seems like an integer overflow thing? No idea why.