devolution

Author Topic: Higher res UI tweak  (Read 14720 times)

Offline THE FUTURE

Higher res UI tweak
« on: April 16, 2011, 12:10:34 PM »
(designed for WM r593, may or may not work fine with future versions)

I've updated the UI mod to include a widescreen version. It's pretty much the same as the pics below, except the buttons are smaller and the Girl Management screen is slightly different.

What it does:
1. Higher font size on the smaller text, except in the ordered lists because that seems to be stored in the .exe (correct me if I'm wrong).

2. Girl Management screen modified heavily. It's designed to maximize the picture of the girl, because the profile pics are often some of the hottest pics of any given girl in the game. It now looks like this:

3. Girl Details also modified to maximize the viewing area for jobs and traits, so you don't have to scroll down as much:

Now, I don't know if this has been done before so I don't know if I'm stepping on any toes. I just wanted to modify the UI to look nicer at higher resolutions.

INSTRUCTIONS:
For 4:3 (old monitors)
0. Download this.
1. Go into your Whore Master folder and find ScreenMode.txt . Open that up and change the resolution in there to "1280 1024". I recommend making it full screen by changing the 3rd line to "true".
2. Extract the files you downloaded.
3. Go into  /(whoremaster folder)/Resources/Interface and make a new folder. Copy and paste all of the files here into the new folder. This will be your backup in case you don't like the new interface.
4. Copy and past the stuff you extracted into /(whoremaster folder)/Resources/Interface . If you don't get a prompt to overwrite, you did it wrong.
5. Try it out. If you don't like it, open up ScreenMode.txt and put it back to the way it was. Go into your backup folder you made in step 3 and copy everything back into your /Interface folder.

For 16:9 (widescreen)
0. Download this.
1. Go into your Whore Master folder and find ScreenMode.txt . Open that up and change the resolution in there to "1600 900". You can make it full screen by changing the 3rd line to "true".
2. Extract the files you downloaded.
3. Go into  /(whoremaster folder)/Resources/Interface and make a new folder. Copy and paste all of the files here into the new folder. This will be your backup in case you don't like the new interface.
4. Copy and past the stuff you extracted into /(whoremaster folder)/Resources/Interface . If you don't get a prompt to overwrite, you did it wrong.
5. Try it out. If you don't like it, open up ScreenMode.txt and put it back to the way it was. Go into your backup folder you made in step 3 and copy everything back into your /Interface folder.

This UI is designed specifically for the resolutions mentioned in the instructions. If you go above or below those resolutions, things will fall out of alignment and will look messed up.

Edit: added widescreen version.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:50:32 PM by THE FUTURE »
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline trex

• Donator
Re: Higher res UI tweak
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 09:42:26 PM »
Great work! Tried it out just now, instructions work perfectly btw. Much easier to read, and I did try in in fullscreen. Makes it easier to see which girl is which in management screen, and as you say, makes that screen nicer to peruse.

I did like the alternate color scheme I had (sorry forgot who made it, it was mostly black and gray, with red summary boxes) but I enjoy the enhancements you've made. Especially with the text being easier on the eyes.

I do ask, I have a 1900x1200 (or more likely a 1900x1080) monitor, I'd love a mod for that res lol.

But thanks for this mod! My new default.

Offline iceman

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 06:17:26 PM »
Cool! Great work!! Really improves the GUI!

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 07:57:38 PM »
Hey, glad you both liked it!

Ok, since people are finding it useful, I did make a widescreen version. Check the first post. It's designed for 1600x900, which is the closest equivalent to 1280x1024. I could've made it for 1920x1080, but the problem is you'll end up with too small of a text size in the girl lists. That can only be modified if I mess with the exe (afaik), which is a bad idea if Whore Master gets any new public revisions. I also can't mess with the Gallery or Next Turn screens for the same reason, so sorry about that. Let me know if there are any problems other than those.

Anyone can feel free to modify it further if they want.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 10:58:12 PM »
I really like your mod, and it works great in fullscreen, but I like to play in windowed, so I end up with more scrolling than before lol. I like it enough though, that now I can't decide whether to key command out of my screens or not...I'm always flicking through multiple screens no matter what I'm doing on my pc.

Solved my problem, thanks for the mod. For anyone curious, leaving ScreenMode false and changing it to 1280 960 makes it the size of a maximized window and you just have to center it yourself. My natural res is 1280x1024 though, so this might be why it worked for me. My original problem of a lot of scrolling was because I had forgotten to set my graphics card properly since my recent HD replace and wasn't an issue from the mod.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:36:42 AM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Lafate

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 05:29:06 AM »
sad that i cant get the download to work for some reason

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 08:48:43 AM »
Thanks for the widescreen version. After some messing around with the settings, what you recommend is best. I do have bars though (like in some movies), and I didn't in the 4.3 version. Probably a consequence of my monitor. I tried to go to 1600 1080. Bars gone, girl management pics (some pics) become outsized. It all did seem more crisp (?) though which I liked.

I haven't played in a few days so I can't compare that to the first version (4.3 edition), but hey, it all works like you've written, so thanks again!

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 06:33:44 PM »
sad that i cant get the download to work for some reason

Do you mean you can't download it? Or it's not working when you use it?
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Lafate

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 07:09:44 PM »

Do you mean you can't download it? Or it's not working when you use it?

I mean I can't get it to download the link of the page is fine but for some reason mediafire won't allow me to download it lol. Guess ill have to try it from another computer later either way i'm off to continue beta testing another game

Offline Pokerplayer

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 07:42:22 PM »
awesome job looks alot better

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 12:22:08 AM »
For Lafate and others who may be having the download issue I'm offering alternative links here to see if it works, hopefully it helps, not sure why the links aren't working for everyone.

4:3; http://www.mediafire.com/?7ezusd42y242san

16:9; http://www.mediafire.com/?pdf5quzcizq7b0c

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 07:20:32 AM »
Here is one optimized for 1600x1200 resolution. Includes changes up to around August 2nd from Anon, but it's missing the interface change to Girl Management.

Download link

Remember to make a backup of all your files before you add this. This includes the config.xml file.

Dungeon screen - picture is MAXIMIZED!

Girl Management Screen - "Looks" is really just the Beauty stat in my mod, sorry I just noticed and am too lazy to change it.

Girl Details - as you can see, it includes Anon's mod to include all info without needing to hit any buttons.

Source files are included if anyone wants to diff check. I don't remember what all I changed, but definitely the girl management screen and the message/checkbox/options text sizes.

I'm probably ending my support for wm as it is. I'm taking a look at heavily modding the gameplay and taking it in a different direction so it's going to be difficult to maintain that while monitoring Anon's progress at the same time.

Offline Cloud_firaga

Widescreen fix
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 05:15:48 AM »
downloaded this a while ago (the original posting) and made a few changes for certain things
the txt boxes for the girls' night jobs were trailing off of my screen in 1280 800 res

so I fixed it so it looks awesome now plus you can see rebelliousness on the screen too if you want to turn it off just add <--- and ----> to the begin and end of that msg box trait.

also fixed the buttons at the bottom of the screen so they aren't cut off on the right side

that covers all my changes really hope this is great for everyone else let me know if I can fix something else

(trying to figure out how to fix the buttons in gallery view but don't know where it would be)