Author Topic: Gangs  (Read 26321 times)

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
Re: Gangs - Possible New Missions
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 06:19:46 AM »
YesyesyesyesYES. We definitely need more ways to improve our image in the public eye in the game. As of 06.01.17, I keep finding myself in weekly "inspections"(read: extortions) by the officials in mid- to late-game due to evil disposition and high suspicion.

Yeah, that's the same thing I thought of when I suggested it. I also proposed a less ethical way of lowering suspicion, for some suspicion-lowering mission variety: money laundering. Still illegal, but all too common in the world of shady business. Maybe make the bank a purchasable building to enable it?
When it comes to lowering suspicion,good ol' bribery and blackmail are also the less ethical but viable option.
Furthermore, a mercenary work mission could also lower suspicion while being the "neutral" alternative (charity/ public service being the good and money laundering/bribes/blackmail the evil options respectively) - your gang would basically cooperate with the law force as sellswords.
All of that I've proposed in my original reply in the thread. I just realized it might've been missed since it was an edit instead of a new post.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:24:03 AM by 0nymous »

Offline Yukinohki

Re: Gangs - Possible New Missions
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 04:03:37 PM »
YesyesyesyesYES. We definitely need more ways to improve our image in the public eye in the game. As of 06.01.17, I keep finding myself in weekly "inspections"(read: extortions) by the officials in mid- to late-game due to evil disposition and high suspicion.

I found that 5 free girls (or girls with limited freedom rings) as city guards and 10 slavegirls working at the center
are more than enough to keep me at benevolent lawful even with the evil stuff i do
and bribes to the officials also help alot

but more gang missions are always good, yes

Offline Alvera

Re: Gangs
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 02:45:47 AM »
I can't find the download link, is there one yet?

Offline Sorren

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 08:12:07 AM »
As a stray aside just a thought for recruitment, if you have a son reaching maturity have them generate a name and try out/join a gang. Leads to the potential for new events and aids them in having a better purpose, alternatively give them a small chance of founding a gang if there isn't one available.

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 04:01:30 PM »
Yes, i really would like something to do with the players sons, instead of selling them into slavery
they may be slaves but they are family.
Maybe somekind of guardsystem for the brothels as support for the security girls
if the gangs are full.
Who else should have an strong interest in protecting your whores than their brothers and sons.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 08:13:16 PM »
I do want to be able to include males in the game for when the player can choose their gender.
In order to do this I would have to modify the "Girls" in the code to "Employees", "Characters" or something like that.
Someone would also need to make Characters image folders for male characters to allow them to be used as sex workers.
There are a lot of things that would need to be done in order for this to work so I don't really see it happening anytime soon.

I can however, fairly easily add the grown male children to existing gangs.

I could make a special gang to be added as a family gang where the player's sons can work on behalf of the player for good or evil.
They would be more of a standing army than a gang but can do most of the regular gang jobs.
It would be a prime target for your rivals and they would probably die fairly often.

I want to rework how children are handled by the game as well.
Currently, children are stored in the girls section of their mother so if she dies, all her under age children also die.
I want to make something like a children's home for your girl's children and also the possibility of getting new girls/boys from there.
How much you spend on this would influence how much the children learn and how they grow up.
Adding children to free time should be added so if a mother has free time she will most likely spend it with her children.
The more time she spends with them, the better they turn out.
If the children's home becomes a buyable building, then it would include the school so you could assign teachers and have girls take classes.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline crazy

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 11:29:30 PM »
Adding children to free time should be added so if a mother has free time she will most likely spend it with her children.
Thats a good idea for free time.  No clue how I would added it though lol

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2015, 07:03:14 PM »
I want to rework how children are handled by the game as well.
Currently, children are stored in the girls section of their mother so if she dies, all her under age children also die.
I want to make something like a children's home for your girl's children and also the possibility of getting new girls/boys from there.
How much you spend on this would influence how much the children learn and how they grow up.
If the children's home becomes a buyable building, then it would include the school so you could assign teachers and have girls take classes.

An orphanage kind of building? With daycare/babysitting jobs for girls to train their maternal skills as well?

Also, consider this as an option to solve the issue of player character immortality - an option for your male sons (or daughters too?) to inherit your empire when the "current you" gets old or dies and become a new player character themselves. A sort of dynasty system where you appoint your heirs. They would start from scratch or some low point of experience  and level your businesses, items, buildings, girls etc. would stay the same.  Thing of it like something of a New Game+ option.
Not that hard to implement I'd believe - adding a method to rename yourself and wipe all of the stats data, age included, to a clean,new slate should provide a sufficient illusion of a new character taking over.
Should still be optional IMO, I mean the PC could belong to some kind of inhuman race with ridiculously long lifespans if it's so desired.

Also, friendly reminder to check out my other 4 gang mission suggestions in my first reply in case you haven't (only saying this because the former 4 all got into your checklist of potential implemented missions and also to say something on-topic with the thread purpose).

Offline skurr00

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 04:29:45 PM »
apologies in advance if this counts as threadcromancy or is in the wrong place, but i'm new here

As i play the game i think it might make it a bit more interesting if the some of missions themselves could be targeted against specific rival gangs (stealing, sabotage, attacking territories, etc). And that it might not make the game a bit more difficult if it was possible to make certain gangs make you more than others so they would increase the pressure in return. I'm not a coder, so i have no idea if that's even possible, but it might add more of a challenge than the seemingly purely random way it works now.

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2015, 01:35:00 AM »
If it's plot you're after, the game should provide a method to actually perform the only explicit mission given to the first-time player: avenge your father.

Offline skurr00

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2015, 10:36:44 PM »
might be fun, actually. randomly designate one of the rival gangs as the 'guilty' one, and if you eliminate that one you win the game (or just take over his business and get a big load of new slave girls who may or may not have been his family, whichever). you could do it by force and take 'em out one at a time, though risk the wrath of the city officials who obviously don't like open war in the streets, or include a mission that involves gathering intelligence to figure out which to target. the latter could involve kidnapping the rival gangs members (slave girls or free members) and 'getting them to talk'.

this all might be impossible to work in, of course. but i'd imagine the more aggressive way makes bribes less effective and the other gangs more hostile, where as the subtle method would take longer but pay off more in terms of new girls acquired