devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025194 times)

Offline HuiBui

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod
« Reply #1095 on: July 15, 2014, 02:00:07 PM »
Dear aevojoey,

because you are responsible for the high speed development of this WM mod   (and I'm totally happy about this )
I would kindly ask you in which direction you are planning to, lets say, navigate the game? How will it looks like if you ever will decide that the final version is reached?

The original name says "whoremaster". By now 10 or 15% of the girls following their fault.

Because I spent a lot of time to actualize my girls folders : are you planning to include further picturetypes ?
Are you planning to give the girls more additionally traits?

The development by now is so speedy.. that I can't follow to have my girls on latest version with the girlsx-file nor with all types of pics.

What is the advantage to put so much things in the xml-code  (yes, I'm an amateur....)

One of my favorites are the script-files. By now its very stressful to write these or even change something in existing scripts.
Will the sripts survive?
Do we (I ;) ) get a better auxiliary with a better working script editor?

And as a last question, after including the torture pics into the game (Thanks again) is it now possible to write scripts which can show a torture pic without the hardcode running behind ? Just show the pic , all other things will be handled by the script?
This question is probably more adressed into crazys direction, but if I remember right, he said he did this already , but it was not compiled...

And again, I love the game,

HuiBui

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1096 on: July 15, 2014, 02:26:08 PM »
I would kindly ask you in which direction you are planning to, lets say, navigate the game? How will it looks like if you ever will decide that the final version is reached?
.05s.04 is probably the final version of the .05 series.
.06 will start when I rewrite the base code.

There will hopefully be no "Final" version, it will always be a work in progress, that is the benefit of open source.

The original name says "whoremaster". By now 10 or 15% of the girls following their fault.
Well, if you go by the name alone, "Whore Master" should be less about the Whores and more about the Master:
The Master of the Whores.
Another name the game went by was "Brothel Master" further pushing it towards the Master as the focus.

Whoring will be the primary job the Girls will be intended to do, with the other jobs acting as support staff.

Because I spent a lot of time to actualize my girls folders : are you planning to include further picturetypes ?
The development by now is so speedy.. that I can't follow to have my girls on latest version with the girlsx-file nor with all types of pics.
I do not work with pictures, just code.
I could see adding "farm" as a picture type and perhaps something for the other new jobs.
If someone finds and adds a lot of a particular image type, I will add it to the game.

Are you planning to give the girls more additionally traits?
Tons more traits are planned for .06.
.05 will not get any new traits, just bug fixes.

What is the advantage to put so much things in the xml-code  (yes, I'm an amateur....)
XML is the easiest way to allow players to customize their game for themselves.
It makes loading files into the game go smoother because everything has fixed locations where the info is stored, thus less bugs.

One of my favorites are the script-files. By now its very stressful to write these or even change something in existing scripts.
Will the sripts survive?
Do we (I ;) ) get a better auxiliary with a better working script editor?
I want to convert script files to XML eventually.
If I ever get the source for the original script editor, I could probably fix it.
But if I get scripts converted to XML that will no longer be used.

And as a last question, after including the torture pics into the game (Thanks again) is it now possible to write scripts which can show a torture pic without the hardcode running behind ? Just show the pic , all other things will be handled by the script?
This question is probably more adressed into crazys direction, but if I remember right, he said he did this already , but it was not compiled...
For now Crazy is in charge of script coding.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #1097 on: July 19, 2014, 08:56:48 AM »
Do handjob#.# exist as picturename or is this planned for version 6 ?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1098 on: July 19, 2014, 11:11:49 AM »
Do handjob#.# exist as picturename or is this planned for version 6 ?
"hand #.*g" and "preghand #.*g" work in .05s

Full list is here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27839#msg27839
No new picture types have been added since that list.

If any new types are added to .06, they will probably not be added to .05.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:17:03 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #1099 on: July 19, 2014, 11:20:45 AM »
damn, i really should read more carefully when i look for infos before i ask,
thanks

I have another one.
Is there any guide or some kind of help page for the script editor?
I'm experimenting at the moment with some meetgirl scripts,
but some things i want to do don't seem possible (adding/removing of traits in the script for example).

The AdjustTargetGirlStat for Oralsex isn't working, just in case someone is bugfixing the scripteditor
and it would be nice to allow negative values for the AddRandomValueToGold Command, so it is possible to "pay" for something
in scripts.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 01:07:22 PM by Yukinohki »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1100 on: July 20, 2014, 04:17:08 AM »
Is there any guide or some kind of help page for the script editor?
I'm experimenting at the moment with some meetgirl scripts,
but some things i want to do don't seem possible (adding/removing of traits in the script for example).

The AdjustTargetGirlStat for Oralsex isn't working, just in case someone is bugfixing the scripteditor
and it would be nice to allow negative values for the AddRandomValueToGold Command, so it is possible to "pay" for something
in scripts.
The script editor program is old and no one has the source code to it anymore.
There is not really a guide for it, but if you look at cGameScript.cpp from the source code and ScriptCommands.txt in the script editor folder you can see how it works.

I plan on changing the scripts to xml but that will take a while before I get started on it.

Offline crazy

« Reply #1101 on: July 20, 2014, 03:52:39 PM »
Needed a break from coding so I made a girl pack of some fairy tail girls.  As there is a lack of arena girls most of them u get from the arena.
Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!sgpEFQIB!PM6Kb67DiEcMyrPuVOSmZFXNLt9e7Nwxe2KLy62BRx0
Bisca Connell
Kagura Mikazu
Milianna
Minerva Orlando
Sherry Blendy

As Im in a fairy tail watching mood I will more then likely make some more of them in the coming days.

Offline FlamBurger

• I need to stop lazing about so much.....
« Reply #1102 on: July 20, 2014, 07:45:46 PM »
 :'(  I really need to get back to my packs.....ehhh i'll just say in my thread.
The whole region of Crossgate will be my playground....
Our playground....
The whole freaking world guys....
Crossgate Chronicles?? Yup it's that bad....
I'll still chug on! Plus, The Crazy Team is really doing a good job on this game.
https://mega.nz/#F!A55jWSpT!P-1Lw1-kNxiBfelAH24Kvg My Packs

Offline Liathano

« Reply #1103 on: July 23, 2014, 10:27:50 PM »
Okay, this is kind of out of no where, but I'd like to make a request for a feature to be added.

I've been finding if I've been playing WM for a while, I tend to accumulate a big pile of items in my player inventory that "I may use this one day."

I do make an effort every few days to go through the list and vendor all the trash stuff that my girls and gangs have been bringing out of the catacombs, but this gets kind of hard and annoying when your item list is 3 pages long.

Is it at all possible to make like a storeroom 'character' that's like the player's inventory but separate? This would make it a lot easier to build a stockpile of useful items you'd like to keep long term and still be able to tell at a glance what is 'new' for the day.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1104 on: July 24, 2014, 11:09:19 AM »
Is it at all possible to make like a storeroom 'character' that's like the player's inventory but separate? This would make it a lot easier to build a stockpile of useful items you'd like to keep long term and still be able to tell at a glance what is 'new' for the day.
I am currently working on the inventory so when I get to that part of the code, I will add a "Store Room" and a "Vault" where you can keep items.
"Store Room" will replace "Player" as the default place items get added.

When I get around to giving the player stats, then some Items will be usable on the Player.

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #1105 on: July 25, 2014, 07:54:54 PM »
+ 1 Interwebs for u, dear sir!
i mostly solve the inventory problem by having only a girl and a gang crawling around in the catacombs. but some kind of storage room would be amazing, maybe even with an option to have certain things sold as soon as they turn up? eyepatches would be a great example for that.... ;)
oh, and after finding out that my dear cattleya and some other girls who started (or were supplied.. lol ) with abnormally big tits now suddenly have small ones: is there some way to choose things that ur girls are absolutely NOT allowed to buy, have or use? i dont mind if they buy a tv.. but if they decide to chop an arm off for some cybernetic thingy or get their wonderful boobys shrinked, that´s something i´d like to know be4 it happens... =)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1106 on: July 26, 2014, 02:14:20 AM »
maybe even with an option to have certain things sold as soon as they turn up?
That would not be feasible, there are too many items and not every one would want to sell them.
If you do not want an item in your game, remove the itemsx file for that item.

oh, and after finding out that my dear cattleya and some other girls who started (or were supplied.. lol ) with abnormally big tits now suddenly have small ones: is there some way to choose things that ur girls are absolutely NOT allowed to buy, have or use?
If you edit your itemsx files, change the "GirlBuyChance" to 0.
If it is not in the itemsx, add it anywhere in the <Item ... > section
Code: [Select]
<Item Name=""
      Desc=""
      GirlBuyChance="0"
>
If GirlBuyChance is not set, the game sets the buy chance based on badness.
item->m_GirlBuyChance = (item->m_Badness < 20) ? (100 - (item->m_Badness * 5)) : 0;
So as long as badness is less than 20 and GirlBuyChance is not 0 there is a chance a girl will buy it.

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #1107 on: July 26, 2014, 03:41:51 AM »
That would not be feasible, there are too many items and not every one would want to sell them.
If you do not want an item in your game, remove the itemsx file for that item.

If you edit your itemsx files, change the "GirlBuyChance" to 0.
If it is not in the itemsx, add it anywhere in the <Item ... > section
<Item Name=""
      Desc=""
      GirlBuyChance="0"
>
If GirlBuyChance is not set, the game sets the buy chance based on badness.
item->m_GirlBuyChance = (item->m_Badness < 20) ? (100 - (item->m_Badness * 5)) : 0;
So as long as badness is less than 20 and GirlBuyChance is not 0 there is a chance a girl will buy it.
this is a solution to my "problem". but i wouldn´t want the girls to not buy anything at all, in fact it might be nice if it could be turned into a little event when she´s either very successful at shopping or gets disapointed: xxx bought that (insert thingy of choice) that she always wanted while she was off work. she shows it around when she comes back home and all other girls feel happy for her and congratulate her on how pretty she is in it. slight increase in happiness for all, bigger for the girl that bought something. maybe better text, too. same procedure if she buys something else or if it doesn´t fit: a little dent in her happiness, maybe have her have a day with slightly less income the next day? have a matron cheer her up about not finding what she was looking for could avoid the loss in income from her...
and the list of items that can make it gets loaded into the game when u visit the store, anyway, doesn´t it? if it´s possible to tick on the items that are "forbidden" in ur brothels they could be sold there as soon as they turn up. sure, u will have to check for them once, but only once. and the settings could be safed with the game, so as long as the list of available items doesn´t change u will be fine.  8)

Offline Sorren

« Reply #1108 on: July 26, 2014, 09:00:11 AM »
this is a solution to my "problem". but i wouldn´t want the girls to not buy anything at all, in fact it might be nice if it could be turned into a little event when she´s either very successful at shopping or gets disapointed: xxx bought that (insert thingy of choice) that she always wanted while she was off work. she shows it around when she comes back home and all other girls feel happy for her and congratulate her on how pretty she is in it. slight increase in happiness for all, bigger for the girl that bought something. maybe better text, too. same procedure if she buys something else or if it doesn´t fit: a little dent in her happiness, maybe have her have a day with slightly less income the next day? have a matron cheer her up about not finding what she was looking for could avoid the loss in income from her...
and the list of items that can make it gets loaded into the game when u visit the store, anyway, doesn´t it? if it´s possible to tick on the items that are "forbidden" in ur brothels they could be sold there as soon as they turn up. sure, u will have to check for them once, but only once. and the settings could be safed with the game, so as long as the list of available items doesn´t change u will be fine.  8)

The shopping success event is a reasonably good idea, as for banning certain items.... It'd be better to add weapon classes, so for instance you could ban luxury items (TVs, Teddy Bears, Cake, etc, etc). Which would work better then having to add a list of every item in the game.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:05:08 AM by Sorren »

Offline Geron

« Reply #1109 on: July 29, 2014, 05:12:56 PM »
Was the...  unknown age taken out?  Cause I distinctly remember random monster girls with over 1000 (Or was it 10000?) age would be listed as unknown.