Author Topic: <-- Archived --> == PyTFall Alpha release ==>  (Read 281622 times)

Offline grishnak

Re: == PyTFall Alpha release ==>
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2018, 11:12:25 AM »
Nice, looking forward to it!

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #196 on: March 09, 2018, 05:08:07 PM »
A fair warning. Just because the game was developed for so long it doesn't mean it's full of quality content.

It just means Xela is always busy with virtually infinite chores irl, which leaves very little (if any) time for development, be it Pytfall or any other game.

In fact, it may be too late to release such a game, as brothel games with user-made packs are a thing of past at this point.

Offline spiker1984

« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2018, 11:57:21 PM »
In fact, it may be too late to release such a game, as brothel games with user-made packs are a thing of past at this point.

Brothel King is new and under development, and Whoremaster still has a wee bit of ongoing development.

If that's the past, what's the present?
The future?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2018, 09:15:25 AM »
It takes a certain skill and a lot of time to make packs.
Instead games like Pandorium are clearly super popular these days, judging by all the support they get (see their patreon).

I love PF of course, but the moment Xela decided to switch to simpy to simulate business, customers and other stuff he became the only person who can finish the core. And he's offline 3rd week already.

No other renpy game uses it, and for a good reason: it's too complex for gaming. But Xela likes complex tasks way too much, up to the point of using complexity for the sake of complexity.
For instance, out of 33 currently existing H-scenes in GiBC I made 32. He made only one, but it's based on extremely complex coding  ::)

If I decide to finish PF on my own, it would take a few months only to get rid of simpy part.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:07:56 AM by DarkTl »