Author Topic: Mutation Games  (Read 8816 times)

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
Mutation Games
« on: April 08, 2016, 02:31:19 PM »
Mute Lovestone (Muteday) and all games from Mutation games have move to our new blog
Please feel free to check it out some time
Development Blog
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline dullman

Re: Mutation Games
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 01:52:12 AM »
It's wonderful that you plan to make strategy based on brothels (although to be truthful one of my project is also strategy with brothels (or in the end will, currently i'm creating framework for animation and same basic art)), but as you wrote on your blog that you will use C# + XNA, whilst C# is definitely better choice than rpg maker (the only plus of rpg maker is amount of resources), but my question is XNA isn't support for it is discontinued or am I wrong? To be truthful i myself use unity engine, not because it's amazing engine, but rather because it's use c# and also able to use Visual studio C#, also not mention the amount of assets (and there is one especially useful which appeared in January, which allows to use/load vector art during runtime and modify it's nodes/styles/etc. so basically for game which would have a lot customization and ability to easy mod a base game it's great asset).

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 08:04:31 AM »
while yes xna is no longer supported, monogame (basicly open source version of Xna is, which when i have time i will be building my own version based on that code)
i choose xna for the main reason that it is a frame, i dont have to pay for it, belive it or not i can find alot of free game resources so i will never have to pay till i hire graphics artist
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline dullman

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 01:27:44 AM »
while yes xna is no longer supported, monogame (basicly open source version of Xna is, which when i have time i will be building my own version based on that code)
i choose xna for the main reason that it is a frame, i dont have to pay for it, belive it or not i can find alot of free game resources so i will never have to pay till i hire graphics artist

I see when i searched for possible game engines i didn't saw that is there a open source version of Xna.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 02:38:04 PM »
thats because xna and monogames are not game engines, they are frameworks, which you can build your own engine with

Offline dullman

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 02:03:15 PM »
thats because xna and monogames are not game engines, they are frameworks, which you can build your own engine with

Yes i know the difference between framework and engine, but it's really depend on how specialized engine is, so as for me almost all considered engined would require rewriting engine in large part so it really isn't different from framework

ps. to be truthful i searched Google with keyword engine so even if xna showed i do not remember monogames.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 07:39:18 PM »

Yes i know the difference between framework and engine, but it's really depend on how specialized engine is, so as for me almost all considered engined would require rewriting engine in large part so it really isn't different from framework

ps. to be truthful i searched Google with keyword engine so even if xna showed i do not remember monogames.

Monogame
I am not sure why but it should have come up but why would you have to rewrite most of the engines?

Offline dullman

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 01:01:10 PM »
Simply because i would use Vector based characters, and most of them are based on raster graphics and optimized towards them, truthfully i was also thought if not use a raster graphics but even in these case if i wanted to display characters like i wanted there is need to rewrite display engine in most engines (as i plan using tilemap for rpg and this is my main project, for strategy it would require less work so i decided to make it first and use it's resources in rpg game, also strategy will be hex grid based). As for why i'm yet to find any rpg engine similar to Baldurs Gate or Neverwinter Nights.

edit: If you are interested how much my game should be moddable here the build with only starting screen and Main Menu, but options in Settings are working.

https://mega.nz/#!z4VngJIB!LR3Trf7Li8R8x-K2SjxbfNpff_-m9T02drkNSvj4Q2g

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:23:53 PM by dullman »

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 05:07:41 PM »
instead of rebuilding engines, i would recomend building your own off of xna or monogames, if you would like you can contact me via skype and i can send ya some links that can help, after you explain what ya need

Offline dullman

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 09:37:57 PM »
instead of rebuilding engines, i would recomend building your own off of xna or monogames, if you would like you can contact me via skype and i can send ya some links that can help, after you explain what ya need
Thanks for proposition but unity surprisingly gives me through assets many possibilities that i expect from my game (although it's needs still some changes in code but it's rather on level of customization), especially that in future i expect to start working on 3d game so it can also be done in unity. As you saw currently you can have UI fully customized by user in me Menu demo, so as well text and other things like adding new Languages, the only problem that although exists asset that allow lua scripts in unity i still didn't learn it so before i apply scritping events in lua i should learn few thing.
ps. (What i also expect from engine/framework is shipping games as many platforms as possible minimum is three basic desktop OS).

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 12:22:55 AM »
well i wish you luck with unity, but for both 3d and 2d i will stick with mono/XNA as they both support 2d and 3d and dont add bloat i dont need

Offline dullman

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 03:21:42 AM »
How is going with your project??
Also one thing is monogame support some basic c# libraries (mainly from what i remember is System.Drawing and System.Web) I ask since i founded a pretty good library to render svg under c# (also is free) but it doesn't work well under unity (Basically in VS i compile example and it shows my svg good enough, but under unity although i didn't check rendering, but there seems to be problems with modifying nodes - shows me that path has length 0 segment which isn't true). So as i begin rewriting entire code (basically started coding game from zero, only look into older code sometimes) because of change from having meshes in game to rendered during runtime texture (or bitmap) during runtime, I thought if i could not move to monogame since you have such good opinion of it (and truthfully if i could use free and opensource project to render svg it would be better than payed methods to do that).