devolution

Author Topic: Personalising Interactions with the Girls  (Read 27502 times)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Personalising Interactions with the Girls
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 11:15:21 PM »
There's no rush.  I'd rather see a good system that took time to develop, implement, and test than something quick and dirty.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 04:41:20 AM »
Speaking of random girls, it might be nice to have a few fake random girls in the mix. Umm... I'd probably better explain that :)

The problem with random girls and scripted interactions is (as hasalready been pointed out) that you can't attach anything too complex to them, or else you'll see it time and again, until it gets tedious beyond belief. But it would be nice if occasionally, one of them would do something interesting.

So what I'm thinking is to create a unique girl or two that uses a random girl's pictureset and has a randomly generated name. As a player, you wouldn't be able to tell the random girls from the fake-random ones, just every now and then, one of the random girls would do something unexpected.

On the subject of scripts and script editors: main problem with the editor is that it snarfs up the indentation so you can't tell what depends on what. Second problem with it is that it only gives you about 15 lines to edit what are becoming 200 line scripts. Ideally, I'd like to be able to edit these suckers with a text editor rather than a custom app.

Also, I'm still planning on integrating Lua into the game. Maybe I should push forward on that? I can convert the remaining file formats over to XML after I'm done.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:20:39 AM by DocClox »

Offline EternalEquinox

• I read the internet....twice
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 06:29:50 AM »
Sounds like a good plan to me. You idea is prolly the best for approaching the random girl dilemma. I will try to be fair and write for some of the popular girls and not just my own.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 06:56:03 AM »
Hahaha. Cool idea Doc. Would you make random girl scripts moddable as well? I think it'd just be easier to give the random girls locked-in scripts that ALL girls would use. Even if they have set scripts there's tons of interaction they can provide the player with.
Seems there's plenty of willing writers on the forum so variations shouldn't be too hard to come up with. Since the coding needs to be worked on and how it'll work is still in development, I suppose the best way to get things rolling would be to make a list of the girls various interactions and their additional requirements. (If requirements are a possibility)
These requirements will be a good chance to add more to the various traits. If possible would even be nice to limit girls coming to you to 3 times a week (if possible) as well as making them quite rare to begin with.

Possible interactions:
Girl overcome with lust comes onto player Requirements: 70+ happiness, Nympho trait
Different script for:
Buys player an item Requirements: 90+ happiness, likes player, cool person

Something like this perhaps?
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline dcb42

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 07:03:22 AM »
This is just off the top of my head; I want to make sure I have the format and syntax right. If so, I'll try and knock a few dialogue trees together; I also tried to make this as generic as possible rather than tailoring a dialogue to any one girl. I'll try and do that in general, really, to make them as 'plug n' play' as possible. :)

Code: [Select]
1. EVENT
Condition: Branded slave, 10+ days of employment AND PClove >0
Text: "$girl requests a moment of your time."

2. CHOICE
A: Deny her: "Slaves speak when spoken to. Take her away." goto 3.
B: Permit her: "I have a few moments; send her in." goto 4.

3. DENIED
Text: "$girl sighs heavily as she is led away."
PClove -20, Happiness -10, Spirit -20

4. ACCEPTED
Text: $girl is brought in, and looks at the floor shyly.
PC: "What is it you wanted, girl?"
Girl: "I... I just wanted to tell you... I hated being a slave... until I came here. I... thank you, Master."
Text: $girl looks up to your face, and her eyes are wide and vulnerable.

5. CHOICE
A: Dismiss her: "It's good you finally learned your place, slave. Get back to work." goto 6.
B: Praise her: "You have proven to be a fine slave, my dear. You make me proud." goto 7.
C: Use her: "I'm glad you've accepted your lot, my dear. Come, and serve me." goto 8.

6. DISMISSED
Text: $girl winces as though struck, but curtsies and hurries off.
Spirit -20, obedience +10, PCfear +20 (or, y'know, -20 - whichever one means she's more afraid)

7. PRAISED
Text: $girl's eyes light up at your praise, and she kneels before you before backing out of the room, her eyes on your face all the while.
Obedience +20, Confidence +20, PClove +20

8. USED
Text: $girl smiles faintly at your praise, and slips out of her clothing obediently, even expectantly.

9. VARIABLE
A: 20% chance she serves poorly. goto 11.
B: 60% chance she serves well. goto 10.
C: 10% chance she tries an assassination ("her joy was a ruse to get you to lower your guard").
D: 10% chance she has a gift, goto 12.

10. POOR SERVICE
Text: You spend an afternoon enjoying $girl's body, but she seems timid and cold, so preoccupied with not making you angry that she never takes the initiative to make the dalliance truly enjoyable. Finally you send her away, disappointed, and her shoulders droop as she slinks away.
Confidence -20, Spirit -20, Happiness -30

11. GOOD SERVICE
Text: You spend an afternoon enjoying $girl's body, and she is so inspired by finding pleasure in service that she goes above and beyond the call of duty, doing all that she can to please you. Finally you have to send her away, exhausted, and she beams with pride as she walks away on shaky legs.
Confidence +30, Obedience +20, Charisma +10, PClove +30

12. GIFT
Text: You spend an afternoon enjoying $girl's body, and she is so inspired byfinding pleasure in service that she goes above and beyond the call ofduty, doing all that she can to please you. So smitten is she that as she lies beside you between bouts of lovemaking, she whispers to you the location of a stash of gold that her family had hidden. after you have had your fill of her, you send one of your men to retrieve it.
Confidence +10, Obedience +20, Charisma +10, PClove +30
PC also receives a random amount of gold (100-200) and a random item.

So - yea? Nay? Formatted right? at all interesting? :)

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 09:11:52 AM »
On the subject of lua, yes but lets finish on what we have been work on so far. 

As for my editor don't worry about me rushing it, the scripting system is not too complex and won't take that long.  Also editor is not the right word for it, compiler would be better.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »
If it compiles text files, I will be very happy :)

This is just off the top of my head; I want to make sure I have the format and syntax right. If so, I'll try and knock a few dialogue trees together; I also tried to make this as generic as possible rather than tailoring a dialogue to any one girl. I'll try and do that in general, really, to make them as 'plug n' play' as possible. :)

[snip]

Looks good :) It seems to have the detail and structure we'd need. The syntax is going to need to change anyway, depending on which scripting ststem we use when we come to add these in, but that gives us enough to work with
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:31:21 AM by DocClox »

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 10:33:16 AM »
It will, that was the idea I have floating around in my head.  Now I just need to figure out the syntax for the text file that will be easy to use.  I also need to figure out how the triggers work.

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 01:16:04 PM »

I like how you make the PC sound in command. Really adds to a neutral/evil personality, the encounter you created sounds fantastic. However, the benefits provided seem WAY too high. The item portion is nice, but taking out her giving you money would be a good idea. You could have the option of the PC "tipping" the girl for her service. Which may lower her obedience, happiness and feel offended due to feeling belittled.

I think also depending on how successful an assassination can be. It'd be better to be much lower in percentage. If guards can effect how well an assassination attempt can be that's different. It should also be taken in consideration about how the percentage could possibly decrease or increase based off various traits and feelings. (low happiness, player hate, merciless, assassin, weapon, combat level) While a successful attempt would be significantly decreased if you have guards stationed. Perhaps you can even employ girls to guard you as well, to help decrease chances even further. (2 max perhaps)

1. EVENT
Condition: Branded slave, 10+ days of employment AND PClove >0
Text: "$girl requests a moment of your time."

2. CHOICE
A: Deny her: "Slaves speak when spoken to. Take her away." goto 3.
B: Permit her: "I have a few moments; send her in." goto 4.

3. DENIED
Text: "$girl sighs heavily as she is led away."
PClove -20, Happiness -10, Spirit -2

4. ACCEPTED
Text: $girl is brought in, and looks at the floor shyly.
PC: "What is it you wanted, girl?"
Girl: "I... I just wanted to tell you... I hated being a slave... until I came here. I... thank you, Master."
Text: $girl looks up to your face, and her eyes are wide and vulnerable.

5. CHOICE
A: Dismiss her: "It's good you finally learned your place, slave. Get back to work." goto 6.
B: Praise her: "You have proven to be a fine slave, my dear. You make me proud." goto 7.
C: Use her: "I'm glad you've accepted your lot, my dear. Come, and serve me." goto 8.

6. DISMISSED
Text: $girl winces as though struck, but curtsies and hurries off.
Spirit -2, obedience +1, PCfear +20 (or, y'know, -20 - whichever one means she's more afraid)

7. PRAISED
Text: $girl's eyes light up at your praise, and she kneels before you before backing out of the room, her eyes on your face all the while.
Obedience +2, Confidence +2, PClove +20

8. USED
Text: $girl smiles faintly at your praise, and slips out of her clothing obediently, even expectantly.

9. VARIABLE
A: 20% chance she serves poorly. goto 11.
B: 60% chance she serves well. goto 10.
C: 10% chance she tries an assassination ("her joy was a ruse to get you to lower your guard").
D: 10% chance she has a gift, goto 12.

10. POOR SERVICE
Text: You spend an afternoon enjoying $girl's body, but she seems timid and cold, so preoccupied with not making you angry that she never takes the initiative to make the dalliance truly enjoyable. Finally you send her away, disappointed, and her shoulders droop as she slinks away.
Confidence -2, Spirit -2, Happiness -30

11. GOOD SERVICE
Text: You spend an afternoon enjoying $girl's body, and she is so inspired by finding pleasure in service that she goes above and beyond the call of duty, doing all that she can to please you. Finally you have to send her away, exhausted, and she beams with pride as she walks away on shaky legs.
Confidence +3, Obedience +2, Charisma +1, PClove +10

12. GIFT
Text: You spend an afternoon enjoying $girl's body, and she is so inspired byfinding pleasure in service that she goes above and beyond the call ofduty, doing all that she can to please you. So smitten is she that as she lies beside you between bouts of lovemaking, she whispers to you the location of a stash of gold that her family had hidden. after you have had your fill of her, you send one of your men to retrieve it.
Confidence +1, Obedience +2, Charisma +1, PClove +10
PC also receives a random item.
13. CHOICE
A. "Now get out of my sight whore."
text: She looks at you sadly then quickly gathers her things and leaves without a word. [END EVENT]
Obedience +5 PClove -5 nmlsex +1
B. "You did well, I'm impressed."
text: She looks up at you with a smile on her face, takes her time to get dressed and leaves you with a kiss on the cheek. [END EVENT]
Obedience -3 PClove +5 nmlsex +1
C. "Not bad. Here's some money, buy yourself something nice slave."
text: You notice a slight look of anger that quickly dissipates. She gathers her things and snatches the money from you. [END EVENT]
Obedience -2 PClove -10 gold -100 happiness -10 constitution +1 nmlsex +5

Like I said, I love how you handle the players personality and I did my best to carry that while finishing up the event. I altered the benefits and added more negatives to the possible choices. It seems more fair in this one seeing as how easy it is to alter a girls stats in-game as is. We can't have events like this effect them too much.

I see these more as getting to know the girls more as people than just tools to help build your empire. I think the player should care about some of these girls. Making it harder to sell them or abuse them. So these should alter more how she feels about the player and her over all happiness.
I think an event should occur when you give a girl the "broken will" trait as well. I don't know how it should be written but it should be heart wrenching and make you feel awful. Adding various events to compliment this trait REALLY make you feel like she's truly broken and given up all hope. I can see other traits altering how scripts run but most not to the degree of "Broken will"
I really like where things are going. I'm excited to see them in-game at some point. :D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 01:20:02 PM by Mehzerz »
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline dcb42

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 03:58:42 PM »
To be honest, I was mostly coming up with rewards and effects off the top of my head; I'm still getting a feel for the statistics and game balance, so people that actually grok the game structure better than me should feel free to adjust them. :D

I know absolutely squat about code - but I'd like to think I can write decent dialogue, so the way I figure it, I'll write up a bunch of events with that level of detail and hopefully it won't be too tricky for a coding-type to kludge them into the proper syntax... I hope? At any rate, I'll get to working on 'em.

Also, Mehzerz brings up a question I thought of last night - I know the events are being set up as scripts to run for a particular girl, but are there scripts we can attach to traits as well? Broken Will and Masochist, I have some ideas that could come up for girls with those Traits (maybe not an event every time you break a girl's will, but sometimes... and then possibly other events happening down the line). But I have no idea if that's even remotely feasible.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 06:01:15 PM »
well... you could have a script that only starts if a girl has a trait.

I think to do what you want, we'd need to be able to have multiple active scripts per girl. Not necessarily a problem, but I'd want to think about how best to organise things.

Be nice to be able to trigger scripts when a trait is gained, too. Or lost. Broken will, mind-fucked, pregnant...

[edit]

Something else to think about: I'd like to be able to add pictures to the event and dialogue boxes. Think about what you'd choose to illustrate some of these interactions. We don't need to have pictures for every stage in the process, but some scenarios are going to just cry out for illustration...

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:23:46 PM by DocClox »

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 09:00:59 PM »
Well working within isn't a problem as long it's clear what our limits are as far as these interactions go.
As for images, it shouldn't be too hard to find some generic images for many of the events and interactions. Once we figure out some of these scripts in more detail it's just a matter of finding them.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 11:38:59 PM »
You could allow general scripts that apply to all girls, and then write routines that check for specific traits.  If they're not present, the routine doesn't run.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 06:47:31 AM »
This one needs a MILF bought at the slave market.
1: Trigger: slave && bing tortured
Girl: You don't have to do this you know.
PC  : You think so, do you?
Girl: I'll do anything you want
PC  : Yes. Yes, you will.
Girl: I'll do it willingly, joyously even ...
PC  : You're about to say "but...", aren't you?
Girl: mmm... maybe I am.
PC  : You may not have noticed, but you're hardly in a position to make demands.
Girl: Oh, but I think you're going to like this one
Goto: 2

2: Choice
A: Decline Goto 3
B: Listen Goto 4

3: Text
PC  : "Possibly, but I think I'd enjoy it more if I spent the next few hours
      "teaching you the folly of trying to manipulate your master."
      "Lads, gag this bitch and then hang her from the ceiling. I'm"
      "in a mood to get creative".
Text: "Time passes as you lose yourself in your art; bringing pain that
      "leaves no trace; mixing pleasure with pain; turning her body against
      "her mind, and ultimately her mind against herself.

"eventually there comes the moment you've trained yourself to look
      "for, the moment when she realises that her subjugation is inevitable
      "The moment when she accepts defeats.

"Quickly you signal to your men to remove her gag, anxious now to
      "hear what it was she though you would find so compelling. But when
      "you look in her eyes, you see that you have pushed her too far,
      "too fast.

"You curse yourself for a novice! Cunning, devious and manipulative
      "she had been possessed of qualities that would have made a magnificent
      "whore or her. Now that mind is gone, and all there is is obediant meat.
      "She will do as she is bid, and there are plenty of customers who will
      "pay for her use. But something irreplaceable has been lost this night.

"And whatever scheme she had in mind, you will never know"
Goto END

4: Dialog
PC  : Lucky for you, I'm in a good mood today. What do you have in mind?
Girl: Do you know how I came to be a slave?
PC  : If I was interested, I'd have asked.
Girl: My husband's bitch of a mistress had me drugged, and branded in my sleep
PC  : That's illegal. If I ever decide to free you, you could prosecute her.
      Don't hold your your breath.
Girl: I'm not. You're *much* more interesting than that limp-dicked husband of mine.
      I just thought I could be more fun if I had the right company
PC  : I don't mind snatching the odd waif and stray off the streets, but
      a prominent society hostess? That doesn't sound like a solid business
      proposition to me
Girl: Oh, you won't need to abduct her. She's going to walk into one of your
      brothels wearing her best party frock, and announce that since she's
      always been a dirty slut, she's decided to dedicate her life to sluthood.
      And then she's going to strip herself naked, and apply the slave tattoo
      herself, and frig herself to orgasm while she does it.
PC  : That does sound like something worth seeing, I'll grant you that
Girl: You'll be able to sell tickets. I'll even give you the names and addresses to send the invitations.
PC  : And she's going to do this.. why?
Girl: Because otherwise her darling twin girls are going to spend a fortnight
      in the stocks outside your door in Sleaze Street, naked, gagged and hooded
      and with "TRY BEFORE YOU BUY" tattooed across their pert young posteriors.
PC  : You've got all this worked out, have you?
Girl: Oh, I had my own plans to take care of the bitch; she just made her move faster than I expected.
      Still, it'd be a shame to let all that research go to waste. What do you say?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 07:15:08 AM by DocClox »

Offline Savagefrog

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2009, 03:59:40 PM »
Good work there, that is the kind of script this game needs.