devolution

Author Topic: Pregnancy  (Read 10305 times)

Offline dalmedya

Pregnancy
« on: July 09, 2010, 10:05:53 AM »
Just some random ideas.

Premature births - born early, chance the child dies, no risk to mother. Caused by repeated +50% tiredness / -50% health / etc?
Variable monster gestation - multiples of 4/8/whatever? A bit odd that all monsters not only have the same period as each other, but as humans as well.
Multiple birth - more than one child/monster born. Increased chance of injury / sterility / death. Short-term monsters would have higher chance of multiples.
Repeating birth - Basically turn the girl into a 'factory', where she gestates for a time, then gives birth once every x weeks for y weeks. This would obviously be monster-only.

If you want fluff to explain why gestation / incubation / whatever period is known beforehand, you could just say 'your doctor's prior experience allows him to estimate that this birth will occur in x weeks'. Or something.

Also, I've go my 'chance of girl' setting in config set to 100, yet I still occasionally get boys. Having looked into a little bit of the source, it seems there's a few diceroll methods that use either 101 or +1 values. Could this be the cause?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 10:15:15 AM »
Premature births - born early, chance the child dies, no risk to mother. Caused by repeated +50% tiredness / -50% health / etc?

Makes sense. There should be some disadvatages to pregnancy.

Variable monster gestation - multiples of 4/8/whatever? A bit odd that all monsters not only have the same period as each other, but as humans as well.
Multiple birth - more than one child/monster born. Increased chance of injury / sterility / death. Short-term monsters would have higher chance of multiples.
Repeating birth - Basically turn the girl into a 'factory', where she gestates for a time, then gives birth once every x weeks for y weeks. This would obviously be monster-only.

Infectious pregnancy, where the girl can inadvertantly inseminate other girls during lesbian acts. For bonus points have the monster control her with hormone manipulation so she tries to seduce or rape the other girls to spread the infestation...

All ideas that appeal to my twisted mind, although there are probably things to do before expanding the varieties of tentacle monster. Still, you never know...

Also, I've go my 'chance of girl' setting in config set to 100, yet I still occasionally get boys. Having looked into a little bit of the source, it seems there's a few diceroll methods that use either 101 or +1 values. Could this be the cause?

Never encountered that one. Of course, the speed I click through sometimes, I might miss the announcement, and since the boys never end up in the dungeon, I'd miss it alltogether. Certainly the 100/101 thing needs some attention...

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 11:49:58 AM »

Infectious pregnancy, where the girl can inadvertantly inseminate other girls during lesbian acts. For bonus points have the monster control her with hormone manipulation so she tries to seduce or rape the other girls to spread the infestation...

Sorta like invasion of the body snatchers. Would be a neat event for the brothel. :D
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 01:22:05 PM »
Wouldn't it? With  the infection spreading exponentially, the player could find an entire brothel under alien control in no time flat. More than one if he'd been unfortunate in the timing of moving his girls around...

Offline laverinthe

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 07:08:13 PM »
How would you deal with a pandemic like that?  Kill the original host like in Sliver?  Maybe negotiate and come to an agreement with the aliens?  Go all Genghis Khan on your enemies and sneak infected girls to their brothels?
The rules were written by people who couldn't win without them.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 07:28:57 PM »
Go all Genghis Khan on your enemies and sneak infected girls to their brothels?

I like this option. If for no other reason than it Stimulates the part of the brain that gains enjoyment from lighting ant's on fire with a magnifying glass. Or Destroying a Sim City. Or going apeshit and wipe out a Bethesda Programed NPC town or four.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 12:08:50 AM »
How would you deal with a pandemic like that?  Kill the original host like in Sliver?  Maybe negotiate and come to an agreement with the aliens?  Go all Genghis Khan on your enemies and sneak infected girls to their brothels?

mmmm.... creative ideas :)

I like the idea of infecting the opposition, too. Just so long as it doesn't spread to the city as a whole...

Offline laverinthe

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 02:35:54 AM »
Or maybe even become infected yourself and your role changes from crimelord to alien overlord?
The rules were written by people who couldn't win without them.

Offline fraxtion

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 02:36:30 AM »
Ancients used midwife? services. This womans could tear out fetus from wombs by bare hands. Chemical abortion method in game is to high-tech.
--
As an addition, how about monster girls matrons?
In special incubators-brothels. These should be bestiality paradise for clients. All girls there inseminated by different beasts, and they take medicines to decrease incubation time. Double time. So Adventurer job became not so important in finding beasts. 
All the beasts flows will came from player incubators, not from dungeons ))
Also, monster or devil as matron could use lots of nasty features with girls, and clients. All the freak stuff, cow-girls, faster growing of dickgirls.
Only demon-matrons could control succubus and vampire girls properly. But player should gather number of artifacts to control at least one demon girl, to use her as leader.

These girls are used for exactly beast incubation purposes:
Phantom Buster Rumi English
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVPT6503
http://www.mediafire.com/?fiwxcmvmdym

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 03:00:19 AM »
Ancients used midwife? services. This womans could tear out fetus from wombs by bare hands. Chemical abortion method in game is to high-tech.

Think "magic" or "alchemy" rather than "chemistry". Anyway, I believe there are lots of natural abortificants that were known in ancient times.

In special incubators-brothels. These should be bestiality paradise for clients. All girls there inseminated by different beasts, and they take medicines to decrease incubation time. Double time. So Adventurer job became not so important in finding beasts.

I like it. It'll make a good room for the building management.

Also, monster or devil as matron could use lots of nasty features with girls, and clients. All the freak stuff, cow-girls, faster growing of dickgirls.
Only demon-matrons could control succubus and vampire girls properly. But player should gather number of artifacts to control at least one demon girl, to use her as leader.

I was planning to allow a succubus dairy along just those lines, complete with demon girl overseer. We're clearly thinking along the same lines :)

Offline d31r3x

• Town Wards Martyr.
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 07:32:32 AM »
All the beasts flows will came from player incubators, not from dungeons ))

Lol. I did something like that on 1.30 Alpha. Had a brothel with +50 inseminated poor girls -every week I got around 500-1500 from selling the creatures, besides the regular income from whoring activity. Sometimes they died or became sterile, then I sold them / bought new ones. It was pretty lucrative (much more than waiting for your sons / daughters to grow up till selling age, muahahaha). I called this particular bussiness model "OshitImameansonofabitch"

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 07:43:08 AM »
Lol. I did something like that on 1.30 Alpha. Had a brothel with +50 inseminated poor girls -every week I got around 500-1500 from selling the creatures, besides the regular income from whoring activity. Sometimes they died or became sterile, then I sold them / bought new ones. It was pretty lucrative (much more than waiting for your sons / daughters to grow up till selling age, muahahaha). I called this particular bussiness model "OshitImameansonofabitch"

That is twisted and evil and I like it very much XD

I am definitely going to add some formal support for some of these ideas.

Offline fixet

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 08:08:11 AM »
I did that

I also made a run with only one girl and her daughters. her many, many daughters
and their daughters, and daughters of their daughters

it went surprisingly well

Offline Lorde

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 10:04:49 AM »
I did that

I also made a run with only one girl and her daughters. her many, many daughters
and their daughters, and daughters of their daughters

it went surprisingly well

That does sound interesting. Custom Reido F had a breeding mini game that   would be interesting in that case. Though, in that game, It did work by having one slave grow a penis and impregnate another. That was perverse enough to interest me greatly.

Also, how long did it take before you had a sizable brood? And was it all from you or did you give customer a shot at it? 

@d31r3x That reminds me of trying to populate a brothel from Monster girls I was breeding in the dungeon. I spent a very long time trying to impregnate Astroth. Felt dopey when I read she was sterile.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline fixet

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »
it was mine for the first couple of generations, then I stopped discriminating

it is slow at first, pretty tough and dry, you don't have much money, but as you go on, you start getting girls all the goddamn time
though, I was lucky enough to get a string of girls in the beginning, I'd probably had given up if I got boys