devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619396 times)

Offline dmotrl

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #1200 on: January 18, 2017, 09:58:47 PM »
Ran into something else, although it's not a bug, exactly:

Two typos:
"huring" -> "hurting"
"Masocist" -> "Masochist"

More important is that the information doesn't match up - getting off on hurting other people would lead to getting the "Sadist" trait, not the "Masochist" one, which is getting off on being hurt or degraded.  She did get the Masochist trait, so I'm guessing it just needs to have the information edited.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1201 on: January 19, 2017, 01:06:05 PM »
Two typos:
"huring" -> "hurting"
"Masocist" -> "Masochist"

More important is that the information doesn't match up - getting off on hurting other people would lead to getting the "Sadist" trait, not the "Masochist" one, which is getting off on being hurt or degraded.  She did get the Masochist trait, so I'm guessing it just needs to have the information edited.
This should work better:
Code: [Select]
    else if (girl->has_trait("Masochist") && b_intelligence && b_spirit && b_confidence && mod >= 2 && g_Dice.percent(girl->m_AccLevel - 7))
    {
        g_Girls.RemoveTrait(girl, "Masochist", true);
        ss << girl->m_Realname << " seems to be getting used to being treated well and has lost the \"Masochist\" trait.";
    }
    else if (!girl->has_trait("Masochist") && !b_dignity && !b_spirit && !b_confidence && mod <= -1 && g_Dice.percent(3 - mod))
    {
        g_Girls.AddTrait(girl, "Masochist");
        ss << girl->m_Realname << " seems to be getting used to being treated poorly and has become a \"Masochist\".";
    }
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline grishnak

« Reply #1202 on: January 25, 2017, 10:20:54 PM »
I played around with the script editor in .57 and might found a bug:
When i added health penalty to certain actions and it should have been reduced to below zero, it staid around 15-25 percent (e.g. the girl should have been dead, but wasn't). Then when i used the same action again, the game got in an infinite loop resulting in rapid changing pictures with no input options anymore. You could only manually close the window and game after that.
Could it be related to a check with people dying in the dungeon? I have not tried, if the same error applies when i try harmful items or the execute item on people in the dungeon yet.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:28:54 AM by grishnak »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1203 on: January 28, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »
I played around with the script editor in .57 and might found a bug:
When i added health penalty to certain actions and it should have been reduced to below zero, it staid around 15-25 percent (e.g. the girl should have been dead, but wasn't). Then when i used the same action again, the game got in an infinite loop resulting in rapid changing pictures with no input options anymore. You could only manually close the window and game after that.
Could it be related to a check with people dying in the dungeon? I have not tried, if the same error applies when i try harmful items or the execute item on people in the dungeon yet.
Attach the script so I can test it.

Offline grishnak

« Reply #1204 on: January 28, 2017, 10:52:16 PM »
I simplified it a bit, but the bug still happens. You can try it with "give damage item" or "damage -100".

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1205 on: January 30, 2017, 02:41:38 PM »
I simplified it a bit, but the bug still happens. You can try it with "give damage item" or "damage -100".
When you kill a girl, the game moves to the next one.
If the next one is dead, it goes to the next one.
It only stops when it finds a living girl.
If there are no living girls, it will just keep looking for a living one.
Hit escape to get out of it.

You have "GivePlayerItem Execute 1", that gives the item to the player.
Use "AddItemtoGirl Execute 1 true" to give the item from nowhere and use it.
or "GiveGirlInvItem Execute true" to give it from player inventory and use it.

Offline grishnak

« Reply #1206 on: January 30, 2017, 04:48:09 PM »
Thank you, i think i can make it work now (esc works for the rather rare trigger occasion!).

Oh, i just added the execute item for testing purposes to show that the bug happens also when an item does enough damage in the dungeon (and the bug trigger seems not related to damaging to exact zero health).

Offline splashman

« Reply #1207 on: February 07, 2017, 08:17:36 PM »
I crash occasionally when clicking the next week button. Usually I'll crash 3-4 times in a row then it will let me go on.
Sending both the saves and autosaves makes the attachment too big, so I split them up. Gamelog is in saves.zip.

Offline Actias Luna

« Reply #1208 on: March 14, 2017, 05:23:49 PM »
I don't know if anyone's brought this up before or not, but for the past... many versions actually, maybe even past year or so, I've noticed a particular bug with multibirths.

If a girl has more than one child and they are not all girls, the game has this weird tendency of automatically making them all girls when they come of age. I don't have a log, and I'm not actually sure how to log something like this, but its extremely easy to reproduce.

When I first noticed it, I shortened pregnancy and weeks until grown times and increased multibirth chance, and found that it was a thing that consistently happened. I had initially thought that it had something to with the fact that I had decreased the chance of girls being born to something like 25%, but the problem still existed with 50%

Its really a consistency thing that annoys me alot, and I never mentioned it before because I figured it had probably been found and would be fixed eventually, but it wasn't so... uh... yeah, I'm just mentioning it now, in case its not a known bug.

Offline Blarknik

« Reply #1209 on: March 17, 2017, 01:32:03 PM »
Small bug with the gallary not being wide enough to list the types of files. It usully goes off the page at gifs, and continues a bit more.

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #1210 on: April 28, 2017, 07:34:16 AM »
The latest script commands are not working correctly in the script editor.

For example, the "IfGirlsFree" command, followed by an endif doesn't conduct a tab in the script listing. Which means that the script believes  the endif matches to an if command before.
The result is that the whole script becomes unclear, especially for a large script like "DefaultInteractDetails.script".
All following commands afterwards are standing at the left edge.

The same bug happens for other latest commands, beginning with "IfGirlhasItem".

Is anyone out there who is able to and be so kind to spend his freetime and fix these?

Thanks in advance,
HuiBui

Offline grishnak

« Reply #1211 on: April 28, 2017, 03:37:12 PM »
Have you checked if the tabbing is corrected after you saved and loaded the script? I had mismatched tabbing with other commands too, but the script logic still worked. Still it is harder to program that way even if there is a workaround.

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #1212 on: April 29, 2017, 02:23:28 AM »
Yes I've checked that. After loading the script again, the script commands following after the "buggy" command are at the left edge.

And you are right. The script logic works.

But its hard to scipt with such an unclear format.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:27:46 AM by HuiBui »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1213 on: November 26, 2017, 11:36:26 PM »
I crash occasionally when clicking the next week button. Usually I'll crash 3-4 times in a row then it will let me go on.
Sending both the saves and autosaves makes the attachment too big, so I split them up. Gamelog is in saves.zip.
I have found the problem and it will be fixed for .06.03.00
It was crashing on trying to run the job of a runaway.

On a side note, the new loading screen works great, now I can see that it is loading large games successfully.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 11:41:57 PM by aevojoey »

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #1214 on: November 27, 2017, 12:37:47 PM »
The IfGirlsfree command in combination with the new EndIfNew command still doesn't work correctly.

Like in the older version the new Endif command "thinks" that it belongs to the last if...command before the ifGirlsfree command.

I'ved attached an example .

I didnt check this for the IfGirlsSlave command  but Im afraid that there is still the same bug.

Kind Regards