Author Topic: Question for test new characters  (Read 6145 times)

nemojason

Question for test new characters
« on: May 28, 2019, 02:31:31 AM »
hello :)
I just finish my set of character and i have a question : how can i test quickly my new package of character before uploading without  to play too long for test my girls .... ? When i start new game i have only random girl so i can't test my package directly.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Question for test new characters
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 08:11:02 AM »
What do you mean by "testing"?
Like what we're doing?

nemojason

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 09:00:22 AM »
hi,

i mean i want to see how pictures are in game (if i need to retouch or not), see if there are not some error (not technical error i meant) when i create .json and later when i succes to create new magic (& new traits) , test this magic in battle.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 09:21:08 AM by nemojason »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 09:35:45 AM »
The main issue with this pack is that .json files are not prefixed with `data_'.

You normally want a structure like:

'game/content/chars/fairy_tail/data_lucy.json'
'game/content/chars/fairy_tail/data_mirajane.json'

If you want to check, add all of your girls to the MC, with config.developer = True, open console and type in line by line:

Code: [Select]
ft = [c for c in chars.values() if c.origin == "Fairy Tail"]
hero._chars.extend(ft)

This will add all fairy tail chars to the MC and you can add them to the party or talk to them in profile.
Like what we're doing?

nemojason

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 11:46:38 AM »
The main issue with this pack is that .json files are not prefixed with `data_'.

You normally want a structure like:

'game/content/chars/fairy_tail/data_lucy.json'
'game/content/chars/fairy_tail/data_mirajane.json'

Arf thanks u very much i forget to use data_namefile.json as name of files... it's why i don't see girls of fairy tail when i test quickly the game with my girls ... i change that now
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 12:41:13 PM by nemojason »

nemojason

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 12:45:42 PM »

If you want to check, add all of your girls to the MC, with config.developer = True, open console and type in line by line:

This will add all fairy tail chars to the MC and you can add them to the party or talk to them in profile.

There are 2 folder MC (folder MC : C:\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\PyTFall-0.72-and-take-their-shit...-pc\game\content\gfx\interface\images & folder mc : C:\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\PyTFall-0.72-and-take-their-shit...-pc\game\code\core\characters) and i don t find config.developper in the file .rpy

« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 12:57:10 PM by nemojason »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 01:45:53 PM »
game/code/devkit/debug.rpy
Like what we're doing?

nemojason

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 03:20:27 PM »
Thanks, i found why i don't meet any girl of my packs during my short test, it's only an litle mistake -> i forget to create a folder named Fairy Tail  for put my girl's files inside.

Now i have another problem with the games himself : i download the new release of game that i insert in renpy and i get some error for begin....

I m really cursed xd

nemojason

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 11:55:05 PM »
game/code/devkit/debug.rpy

Hello,

i put each folder of picture **** + each files ****.json  (for example Folder Aquarius & Aquarius.json) into C:\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\PyTFall-0.72-and-take-their-shit...-pc\game\code\core\characters\mc
After i open commande of renpy with shit - O , i write the lines and i get "none" after that.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 01:09:50 PM »
If you did everything right, fairy tail girls should all be added to the MC chars (click on Characters to view them).
Like what we're doing?

nemojason

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 04:03:52 AM »
Hi, i'am testing my character in playing normaly to the game... i wanted to test random girls that i created and put into the game (into rchar folder) but my problem is that i never see 1 of my new char  (i am in the day 128). I don't have any message of error of renpy. Is it normal, and how can i test my 2 new random girls? (i let the other "native" random girls because when i delete them i get a error from game)