Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619287 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2013, 02:00:09 PM »
 I was about to link this thread to you, but you seem to have found it. Some of these bugs are nearly comical in nature. Good luck in fixing this stuff.
 I'll resume working on my own thing and restoring AGL (MediaFire killed most accounts hosting Hentai Sim Indies while you were away).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Aika

« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »
MediaFire killed most accounts hosting Hentai Sim Indies while you were away
Yeah, I noticed that. They tore down my files too, and gave me an infraction for having had them there. Could be worse, I guess. They could have banned me.

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2013, 05:26:46 PM »
Yeah those arent in the game as there is a bug with Preg pics that isnt fixed yet so those were never added

Actually I think I know what is wrong with preg pictures, it just has not been a high priority for me.

The problem is that when it loads the pictures, it uses this little logic bit...
{"Anal*.*g","BDSM*.*g","Sex*.*g","Beast*.*g","Group*.*g","Les*.*g","Preg*.*g","Death*.*g","Profile*.*g","Combat*.*g","Oral*.*g","Ecchi*.*g","Strip*.*g","Maid*.*g","Sing*.*g","Wait*.*g","Card*.*g","Bunny*.*g","Nude*.*g","Mast*.*g","Titty*.*g","PregAnal*.*g","PregBDSM*.*g","PregSex*.*g","pregbeast*.*g","preggroup*.*g","pregles*.*g",};
if you look you will see that Preg*.*g  comes before all the other preg ones... but it will also load all the same pics as the others, so it is probably overrideing them, and just loading the pics before the others do.
For example... Pregles.jpg  will still qualify as true under Preg*.*g   since that is looking for ANY pic that begins with Pregxxxx
SO I think it is just loading it into the normal preg file and skipping the rest.
It is possible that it could be fixed by just moving Preg*.* to the end of that line, so it hits after the other ones.... but I could be wrong.

I am not sure about it, as I have not tested it at all.

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2013, 05:28:09 PM »
LoL

Well, there is a whole bunch of unfinished/half-implemented code even in the official version. I suppose even more issues rise up when you try to build a game extension on top of that... I played a couple rounds in latest mod version, other than obvious bugs and whore job still being overwhelmingly powerful, this mod is very good.

man is that the truth, there is a lot in the code that is just WAY overly complicated... when it wasn't really needed, and it makes trying to fix these type of thing very difficult to do.

Offline az55za

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2013, 12:08:06 PM »
i can't tell if this is a bug with this mod or with Gismo's map, but when i try to change the config file it messes up all the visuals to an extent.

Offline F-Trill

« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2013, 02:35:42 PM »
i can't tell if this is a bug with this mod or with Gismo's map, but when i try to change the config file it messes up all the visuals to an extent.

Are you using the config editor, or something like a text editor?

Offline DustyDan

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2013, 07:29:33 AM »

Hello,

I like your guys' work, but I have been encountering crashes going to Next Week. It does autosave, then crashes with standard Windows (xp) dialog, code 0xc0000005, Address 0x0...047d610 and WM.exe Image Base 0x00400000.

Have encountered these previously and went back to earlier save and left out girl transfer and other complications, but now that doesn't help.

Gamelog after "Loading house" section has messages like "Brothel 1 not found in list!" and then several errors of:
CSurface LoadImage loadedImage error with filename: .\Resources\Buttons\
Couldn't open .\Resources\Buttons\
Couldn't open .\Resources\Buttons\

I have girlsx and rgirlsx files from several sources, but they were presented as compatible with your mod.

Can send more info on crash if needed.

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2013, 11:28:58 PM »
Sounds like it may be an issue with the new house thing that was in .05e which I have not had time to look at yet. As soon as I get done with current project I will try to clear some of the bugs again.

Offline DustyDan

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2013, 09:59:28 PM »
In the Turn Summary of gang recapture, the rgirlsx name is used instead of the Real Name; somewhat confusing.

In Arena, Girl Details, if send a girl to dungeon she is still listed in Arena (Details give an option of Release), and a crash occurred on Next Week after several such transfers, on a test save that worked OK before.

Have started new game so not related to prior crashes.

Offline NEXEON

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2013, 08:36:17 AM »
whenever i clicked on next week even with girls pack or without window give error whoremaster,exe has stopped working
when i clicked on detail i have this log

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Whore Master.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    50d1a38c
  Fault Module Name:    Whore Master.exe
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    50d1a38c
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    0004e01b
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

please help

thankx

Offline DustyDan

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2013, 08:33:49 PM »
from Pinkutako , from other thread
   Re: Lots of girl packs  « Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 09:25:02 AM »    I've noticed the opposite is true for Crazy's mod.   In my case, If you capitalize all the words the error occurs.  Basically, it depends on what mod your using. 

Fake orgasm expert, Fast orgasms, and Slow orgasms work just fine for crazy's and (I assume) Fake Orgasm Expert, Fast Orgasms, and Slow Orgasms for Aika's mod.

It would be nice if all mods used the same capitalization conventions, but modding is tough enough without another thing to worry about.

If you could schedule a fix for this to have all traits ignore upper/lowercase when matching traits, that would be a great help. Something like

if Traitread.ucase == "FAST ORGASMS"  (or whatever function is appropriate).   

I was greatly puzzled when the error messages popped up, before independently finding the editing solution.

{edit} Not as easy as I thought it would be, since code is C++, but should be able to build a small function similar to strcmp that ignores upper/lower case, based on code like : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/3914/

Could also make a function of Trait like Trait.NameIs that returns boolean True/False based on no-case compare, which also simplifies the many "if" logics.

I can try to write it if you like.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 05:47:17 AM by DustyDan »

Offline az55za

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2013, 07:46:13 PM »

Are you using the config editor, or something like a text editor?

it was from the brothel editor located in C:\Users\X\Desktop\wm_1.30.4_beta_r593\BrothelMaster\Docs&Tools\Character & Item Editor

Offline Geron

« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2013, 07:58:27 PM »
The config editor from the Crazy/PP mod does come out with the 'working' upper/lowercase wordings and Incorporial too...  Since it is drawing from the trait file that the Crazy/PP mod is using.

Also...  the Princess and Queen trait...  I set the chance to 2%, but, it still means the random character starts out with stupid amounts of money?

Well, it is actually the Queen trait that starts a character off with stupid amounts it looks like.  The Princess one starts with a few hundred extra.
EDIT: Nope, something else is giving stupid amounts of money to newly captured random girls...
EDIT2: Anyone know why this would be happening?  And how to fix it?

Code: [Select]
<Gold
Min="0"
Max="10" />
It has this as it should... but it must not be reading it?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 01:44:07 AM by Geron »

Offline DustyDan

« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2013, 06:33:34 AM »
Nope, something else is giving stupid amounts of money to newly captured random girls...
EDIT2: Anyone know why this would be happening?  And how to fix it?

Code: [Select]
      <Gold
         Min="0"
         Max="10" />
It has this as it should... but it must not be reading it?

It's my first time looking at it, but I see nothing in the .05e gold/money assignment for generated random girls that would go outside the min/max. I tested thru over 20 weeks with two types of catacomb rgirlsx, and the angel I had for 0/10 always was in bounds, also the werewolf I set as 100/900 in bounds (not in bindings...).

How did you get these rgirls (gang kidnap, gang goes catacomb, etc.)?

Do you notice the large gold when you try to Take their gold in Girls Detail? That's what I did, and got normal results. Could you post your .rgirlsx as attachment?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 08:49:53 PM by DustyDan »

Offline F-Trill

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2013, 08:24:28 AM »

it was from the brothel editor located in C:\Users\X\Desktop\wm_1.30.4_beta_r593\BrothelMaster\Docs&Tools\Character & Item Editor

Use a text editor such as WordPad, or an XML editor.  The included editor has been kept because it still has some value, but for editing the config file and many of the girl files, it creates files that will kill the game.

I'm not certain, but I'm under the impression that the Character and Item Editor is no longer in development.  It may very well be done away with shortly, but I don't know that for sure.