Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619332 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #705 on: January 25, 2015, 08:17:34 AM »
Yeah, I saw this too...  I found a solution if you download the working files to compile them yourself.  It's in cGirls.cpp under the child_is_grown procedure.  There is a line, bolded below, that sets allows non-humans, AllowNonHuman, and it appears to be improperly set.  It appears to set this value to true if the mother is human.  Instead of messing with that value; I just changed, bolded again, the value AllowNonHuman to !AllowNonHuman.  This flips the incorrectly assigned value to its logical opposite.  This will give you proper human children!
Fixed it.

Small typo in ApplyTraits:
Notice the capitalized "o" of "of" in the first quote.
Fixed it.

Bisexual is missing in ApplyTraits and UnapplyTraits.
Basically Bisexual would be the default so it would not have any modifiers.
No trait could be considered Undecided and also have no modifiers.
If you think there should be modifiers for Bisexual, post them and I will add them.

Since traits apply their skill changes to base (UpdateSkill) they are susceptible to the new skill decay. Example:
I guess it can be fixed by applying the changes to mod.
Traits are supposed to get their own stat/skill modifier group: StatTR/SkillTR.
I just have not gotten around to it yet But I will change that for the next version.

Hey, quick question. I have several custom girls marked, "Can only be born as your daughter,' yet in all of my playthroughs I have never had any of them born as my daughter. I've searched for answers for why it's not happening on here, but I haven't found anything. Has this simply not been implemented in-game yet? I would appreciate any help any of you could give.
This has not been fully implemented but it is getting close.
It should be working in a week or so.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #706 on: January 26, 2015, 05:49:28 AM »
Basically Bisexual would be the default so it would not have any modifiers.
No trait could be considered Undecided and also have no modifiers.
If you think there should be modifiers for Bisexual, post them and I will add them.

Ah, ok. Since some traits without modifiers are listed I thought it was lost somewhere.

I think all the sexual orientation traits should provide the same net skill gain. For example:

y =  net gain.
x = Erm... I don't know the english term for this.

Bisexual:

Lesbian Sex = +y/2
Normal Sex = +y/2

Lesbian (trait):

Lesbian Sex = +(x+y)
Normal Sex = -x

Straight:

Lesbian Sex = -x
Normal Sex = +(x+y)

Offline Uriel

« Reply #707 on: January 26, 2015, 03:30:48 PM »
I've just got .31 installed and im crashing every time i try to get to the shops.
ps: not shop only, other inventory screens are crashing too.
Did a whole install, no custom interface. Preg chances edited in config + couple of item edits(nothing fancy, things like stockings giving more charisma and beauty for an increased cost).
Nothing interesting in gamelog, but just in case...

ps2: oh, that seems to be item packs from other places. How do i find out what exactly is wrong about em?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:58:37 PM by Uriel »

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #708 on: January 26, 2015, 04:23:22 PM »
I've just got .31 installed and im crashing every time i try to get to the shops.
Did a whole install, no custom interface. Preg chances edited in config + couple of item edits(nothing fancy, things like stockings giving more charisma and beauty for an increased cost).

ps2: oh, that seems to be item packs from other places. How do i find out what exactly is wrong about em?
I've been trying to pinpoint this one the whole afternoon, and though there might be an item somewhere causing crashes (since that got an overhaul, so never know), I'm pretty certain that having a girl in your dungeon always crashes the game upon opening the store/item management.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #709 on: January 26, 2015, 08:38:36 PM »

This problem is in the new code for the inventory number of items, it affects girls in the dungeon.
I created a function to get the number of items the girl has but didn't make an overload for dungeongirls.
It is breaking when it thinks a dungeongirl is in a brothel.

Fixed it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:52:41 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Aendri

« Reply #710 on: January 27, 2015, 01:34:20 AM »
When you say fixed, is that as in fixed in the next release? I ask just because I only just updated to the newest version posted, and it's still doing it. Is the next release soon, or is this something that we could patch ourselves?

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #711 on: January 27, 2015, 04:48:45 AM »
When you say fixed, is that as in fixed in the next release? I ask just because I only just updated to the newest version posted, and it's still doing it. Is the next release soon, or is this something that we could patch ourselves?
That would be next release, so .32 and up. Depending on the time they have available, there's usually less than a week between updates, sometimes just a few hours. Just keep an eye on those version numbers  :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #712 on: January 27, 2015, 04:51:31 AM »
I just posted WM.06.00.32 with the fix in it.

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #713 on: January 29, 2015, 10:12:25 AM »
In .32, I noticed for many of my girls that the house percentage resets to 100%. Though I'm not sure whether it actually happens when I enter their details page or happens elsewhere.

I think the rebel stat is somewhat related to the house percentage, since I occasionally see it go up or down, depending on how I set the percentage, but no idea if there's also some mechanic altering the percentage the other way round or something.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #714 on: January 29, 2015, 10:40:32 AM »
In .32, I noticed for many of my girls that the house percentage resets to 100%. Though I'm not sure whether it actually happens when I enter their details page or happens elsewhere.

I think the rebel stat is somewhat related to the house percentage, since I occasionally see it go up or down, depending on how I set the percentage, but no idea if there's also some mechanic altering the percentage the other way round or something.
The only thing that should affect the house percent other than the slider is if you change her slave status.
Freeing a slave sets her house to 60 and enslaving a girl sets her house to 100.
Other than that, the only time the house gets set by the code is in character creation.
Rebel does not get saved, it gets recalculated each time it is needed.

If you can get more details as to when it happens and in what buildings it happens, that would help narrow down your problem.

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #715 on: January 29, 2015, 11:14:59 AM »
The only thing that should affect the house percent other than the slider is if you change her slave status.
Freeing a slave sets her house to 60 and enslaving a girl sets her house to 100.
Other than that, the only time the house gets set by the code is in character creation.
Rebel does not get saved, it gets recalculated each time it is needed.

If you can get more details as to when it happens and in what buildings it happens, that would help narrow down your problem.
I just restarted, but it happens in both the first brothel and in my house. I change the house percentage, go to another page (doesn't matter whether I go to inventory, brothel list or next/previous girl), and when I get back, the percentage reset. Some girls have this happen, others do not.

For some girls, it always resets to 100, for others it resets to something else. One girl reset to 75, so I went digging in the saved game for her and into her girlsx file, and found:
saved game: House Value="50" Mod="75"
girlsx: House="60"

One of the girls where I can freely change the amount didn't have the Mod= part specified in the saved game. After changing the percentage and saving, it updates in the saved game to the new value, and doesn't get a Mod= component or anything.

So far, it seems like the value for Mod becomes the minimal percentage taken, so the value any changes to a lower value resets to. And it seems (so far) like only girls who have the Mod bit behind the House Value are affected.

I'll dig more tonight when I get back from work if you need any more details, but that's all I could find so far.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #716 on: January 29, 2015, 11:27:54 AM »
The mod part is the problem.
I added House, Fame and Ask Price to the list of stats without mod or temp stats.
Health, Happiness, Tiredness, Age, Exp and Level were already on that list.

I will push the fix in the next version as soon as I finish what I am doing in the farm.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #717 on: January 30, 2015, 05:35:07 AM »
Not big deal, but given the description Strong doesn't seem to be the intended trait to be granted by jogging:

Quote from: WorkFreetime
                                if (workout >= 2)
                                {
                                        if (jog && !g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Great Figure") && g_Dice.percent(5))
                                        {
                                                ss << "With the help of her workouts she has got quite a Great Figure now.";
                                                g_Girls.AddTrait(girl, "Strong");
                                        }

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #718 on: January 30, 2015, 08:42:13 AM »
The mod part is the problem.
I added House, Fame and Ask Price to the list of stats without mod or temp stats.
Health, Happiness, Tiredness, Age, Exp and Level were already on that list.

I will push the fix in the next version as soon as I finish what I am doing in the farm.
Ah, I encountered it again, but now I also figured a very specific reason why. Some items, like Doctor Degree, edit the House Value, and do so specifically in the Mod field. Probably a left over from long ago or something. I removed the House entry from the item, and I'll keep my eyes open for other items that change the house value. (for some reason, search just won't include file contents on my computer, only file names, so I really just have to run into cases at random)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #719 on: January 30, 2015, 09:15:11 AM »
Ah, I encountered it again, but now I also figured a very specific reason why. Some items, like Doctor Degree, edit the House Value, and do so specifically in the Mod field. Probably a left over from long ago or something. I removed the House entry from the item, and I'll keep my eyes open for other items that change the house value. (for some reason, search just won't include file contents on my computer, only file names, so I really just have to run into cases at random)
In order to bypass the problem without having to rewrite every piece of code, a while back I added a check inside the UpdateStatMod and UpdateTempStat to check for the stats that should not use mod or temps.

As for checking the items, I use notepad++ and open all the items at once.
I can then search for anything within every file at the same time.
These items affect house stat:
Doctor Degree.itemsx
Exocore.itemsx > "Exocore (Legend Fighter)"
Super Fertilizer XP 8 Omega Plus !!!!.itemsx