Author Topic: New Game  (Read 4479 times)

Offline polip1337

New Game
« on: August 29, 2018, 09:56:56 AM »
Hi,

Straight to the point :
I was wondering if anybody would have something against it if i wrote my own brothel sim game using the image packs already available for Whore Master?

I dont intend to rewrite the functionality in a different programming language language but obviously there will be some overlap.

I dont even know who to ask so im posting here :D

Offline Beracell

Re: New Game
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 04:08:19 PM »
I think there are 4 versions of this game that already exist... the original, crazys mod, an altered flash version floating about and I think an altered version of that flash verison.
Joey is working on redoing the current version which may be the same game as it is now just cleaner coding. He's got a post somewhere around here that talks a bit about it.

And I am in the works of my own version.

I think depending on what you use, give credit to some of the previous creators then all is alright.
With what I plan to have in my game I know that I will have to give credit to at least the original game creator, crazy and joey. And even if I do not have to give credit I still will because the work they have put into the previous versions to be an inspiration to mine.

Offline spiker1984

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 06:14:24 PM »
Sounds like you're more doing a "different game" as opposed to a "rewrite of this game". I love the idea. I was always a bit bit bummed that the other image-pack-based games used different tagging systems. As a result you can't reuse these images in other games like Brothel King, Pytfall, and others.
If you are going to write a new game, I definitely suggest basing it around the image-packs that exist :)

Offline Beracell

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 07:43:49 PM »
The rewrite I think is just what joey is doing.
I am doing a rewrite/altered version, I do like where most of this game sits now so currently a lot of the game will remain the same.  However there are a lot of things I would like to add and change. I think the skill and stat system needs to be balanced and reworked. And there will also be many additions, such as other towns, other catacomb types such as a forest for example for nature like creatures and items and girls... like elven girls and the like can be found there along with types of items one would think be similar to what they would think of as forests so probably wood elven like items. So aside from the additions the game will work differently but should play the same. **Side note**

I plan to use WM images tag system to start with so every ones current packs will be usable and then later add more tags.
So mine is a half rewrite and half mod/expansion.

The only thing that currently that might not be be usable would be the current WM girl files themselves... I plan to keep all current traits but I plan to overhaul the stat and skill system so some stats and skill might not remain.

Depending oh how vast the stat changes are I may work on creating a editor/converter that can load WM girl file and then create a file from that to fit the new game at least as a simple solution...Will work on an editor regardless that will work like WMs so that one can change saves, configs, stats, items, create things and the like.

**Side note**
The only vast changes that I currently have for whats already in the game not the additions to it will be to the movie studio, hospital, and community buildings. They will all remain but work differently... such as the hospital I want to have it that until you buy it you can still take a girl there to have her healed and such but have to pay money on top of a wait time to get her healed/cured of something, so say you have bad luck in the shop and cant get a cure you can still have her treated for a cost and time... as I think cure items are overpowered as they instantly cure, they will still remain but the price/drop/stock rate is going to go up.

I will make a thread soon with all of what I am doing for my version of the game, which will contain all tweaks additions and stuff like that.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:48:51 PM by Beracell »

Offline polip1337

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 08:02:30 AM »
Ok, so i'm nearing the stage where my game is playable and i need someone who isn't me to playtest it.

I don't want to publish it to a wider audience yet. I believe that if i release it too early and with not enough content the initial interest will be small and waiting for the next versions will make the audience even smaller. So i want to have a solid base and some interesting mechanics in place before the initial release.

For now i'd like to release it to 1 or 2 people so i can get some feedback from them. If you'd like to help send me a private message and we can talk details ;) Just to make it clear: you probably wont have much fun with the game at its current state ( too many bugs, too few systems implemented) but you will help with development ;)

Some info about the current features of the game:
- No title yet :D
- Written in java, should work on mac or linux i didn't check.
- Generating NPC's from girlsx and rgirlsx files ( Same ones Whore master uses)
- Using picture folders (from the perspective of the player again the same as WM)
- Jobs (ex. Brothel) and tasks (ex. Brothel Whore) are loaded from outside .xml which allows creation of custom jobs / tasks or tweaking the existing jobs.
- 3 Jobs with a total o 23 different tasks divided between them.
- Hiring new NPC's (NPC value is calculated based on their skills and stats)
- Ending the turn is implemented, all NPC's earn gold and skills based on jobs assigned and appropriate skills
- End turn displays appropriate image (similar way to WM)
- Tiredness system ( NPC's get tired after performing a task based on the task and their constitution)
- Obedience system ( NPC's can refuse a task if their morality is too high or obedience too low )
- Save / Load game
- Error logging system (Creates a crash report with current date time)
- Library feature that works as an information source for the player.

Currently working on :
Adding more topics to the library.

Known Issues:
- Will probably crash if you dont set it up properly :D
- No way to earn stats for NPC's
- Player stats are not used in any way
- Since the skills and stats are based on WM skills and stats some are too detailed while others are too generic, the skills will probably need to be reworked
- End turn Task descriptions need more development, i focused on the code not the content for now
- Balance or a total lack of it
- Save/Load sometimes crashes, but i couldn't replicate it.
- Navigation between the screens closes the window and opens a new one, its a problem caused by using both Java Spring and JavaFX in a single project.
I keep pushing it back since other stuff is more interesting ^^'
- GUI needs to be prettier. (I still think its better than WM's ;) )
- grid spacing on player and npc screens
- grid drag and drop not always firing
- Save screen allows navigating to screens in wrong order.

Later features
NPC level up system
Player Level up system
Hub upgrades
Interactions with NPC's
Traits
Achievements
Items
Random events
Magic,
Crafting,
Races,

Offline Solitude103

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 06:18:29 PM »
Hey. I'm highly interested in games like these and I'm willing to be a test participant  ;D . I'll send you a PM.

Offline Nyanyan

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 04:54:07 PM »
I'd be up for testing as well. Since you only have 1 public request, allow me to add another. xP