devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> (TODO:)  (Read 10183 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
<-- Archived --> (TODO:)
« on: April 11, 2015, 07:07:28 AM »
== ... ==

Now maintained at GitHub as Issues.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:53:57 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Re: TODO:
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 06:56:43 AM »
- Slime support. Characters with Slime race almost don't have SFW pictures due to their nature.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 07:13:11 AM »
- Slime support. Characters with Slime race almost don't have SFW pictures due to their nature.

Yeah well, we've decided not to bother with unique cases until a more mature version of the game. Its not like we have dozens of slime girls. I think this should be doable without too much fuss when the time comes, just let them fall back to profile if/when there is trouble.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:49:25 AM »
- Testing mode for sprites as a part of gallery.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 10:15:48 AM »
- Testing mode for sprites as a part of gallery.

Added to the list.

Relative size for the BE sprites, for VN sprites and portraits over white/black solid backgrounds. Anything else?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 06:07:46 AM »
- Better structure with checks and new locations for SE. Also an ability to send MC there*, or at least do something similar. Like, I don't know, send an android controlled by MC or something.
- Assistants as a new class.*
- A chest in MC house to store items that you don't want to sell and don't need right now.
- Death system. Graveyard to check dead characters, temple of time to revive them.
- Better house for MC that actually means a lot and has its own small subsystems.*

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 07:07:30 AM »
- Better structure with checks and new locations for SE. Also an ability to send MC there*, or at least do something similar. Like, I don't know, send an android controlled by MC or something.

Not likely to happen for the next release. We'll get back to this.

- Assistants as a new class.*

Same as above.

- A chest in MC house to store items that you don't want to sell and don't need right now.

Tis been there for ages. We just need to fix items transfer screen.

- Death system. Graveyard to check dead characters, temple of time to revive them.

Game will be a LOT more fun to play without it + it would be a shitty thing to try and explain why you can revive your characters but not someone else + what about if you made an enemy or a friend of a character and she/he died... but wasn't in your employment + ...here is a good one: If a character has loyal friends, why do they not revive him if when he dies (game over). Why is it not possible to revive anyone at all? If it is, all arena combat should end it death if death is not final == more recoding. And the feeling of game-world is all wrong...

Dead should stay dead, at least that's what I came up with when I last thought about this.

- Better house for MC that actually means a lot and has its own small subsystems.*

Next version also, I need to rethink jobs, buildings, clients and etc and come up with city/politics logic.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 07:15:58 AM »
Oh god, not again. We discussed it before a lot.

No, that's not gonna happen. Many, if not most, players will never alllow girls to die unless it's some minor useless random char with low level. They will just reload as many times as needed to prevent it.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 07:36:42 AM »
If you want death to be important and permanent, at very least there should not be free saves. Otherwise it's not a permanent death, it's a save scamming minigame.

Nevertheless, I want a graveyard where you can check dead characters, meet with undead race girls and maybe in the future do something with dead characters, even if not revive. Like, take dna for clones  :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 07:39:34 AM »
Oh, the last part reminded me of our system that decides where you can meet a girl depending on traits. It must be terribly outdated by now, we need to fix it before the next release.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 09:30:15 AM »
If you want death to be important and permanent, at very least there should not be free saves. Otherwise it's not a permanent death, it's a save scamming minigame.

Just getting a list of dead names should be ok. Maybe we can add fighting undead when the moon is full or something :) You can add a location quite easily but I suggest that we wait until we polled about the map.

It'll take more time to explain why you're wrong than it's worth, as long as we can't revive characters, it's cool.

Oh, the last part reminded me of our system that decides where you can meet a girl depending on traits. It must be terribly outdated by now, we need to fix it before the next release.

Yeah, it can be updated very easily, I'll do it as one of the last things. We need to properly integrate classes into the game first as well. occupation field is no longer valid...

===
Buildings, Jobs, GM and Schools were all created for a different concept of the game. What we're working with right now (GM, Jobs, Buildings) will require simplification and generalization. Schools are a lot better now and should be fine after a few more updates by Thewlis. Rest we'll work before/after next release depending on what's sensible.

What really is needed:
*Solid and functioning occupations/classes concept.
*Solid and final decision on the map (we can either just decide or poll it after a release like we wanted).
*Some agreements and guidelines for balance in the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 10:17:34 AM »
It'll take more time to explain why you're wrong than it's worth, as long as we can't revive characters, it's cool.
How much death costs in skyrim? One F9.

How much death costs in Dark Souls? All your souls lost + reviving near the last checkpoint that could be pretty far + all enemies will be ressurected as well + human status lost. No F9s.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »
How much death costs in skyrim? One F9.

How much death costs in Dark Souls? All your souls lost + reviving near the last checkpoint that could be pretty far + all enemies will be ressurected as well + human status lost. No F9s.

And... Therefor... What??? You want to discuss this tonight or I can add colors to be log :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 02:00:29 AM »
Tis been there for ages. We just need to fix items transfer screen.
I tried to find this option in gui yesterday, but no luck  ::)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 06:55:09 AM »
Go to realter, buy the apartment. It will appear.
Like what we're doing?