Author Topic: Almost 3 years  (Read 7143 times)

Offline JakubK

Almost 3 years
« on: December 10, 2016, 10:24:25 PM »
So it's almost 3 years* since your alpha release...
Could you give us some new version to test out? Pretty pls.  :P
Or at least tell us some vague date when you will be ready to show us sth.
Give us HOPE. :D

Your game was awesome as it was. That's why i'm coming here from time to time to see if there are any news, and there are none**! I hope this will change in this topic. :)

GL with your project, i understand it needs time and it's not your work to make this game - so once more - thank you.

* 2 years 8 months and  15 days
** about new release

Offline DarkTl

Re: Almost 3 years
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 07:59:47 AM »
Yeah, we are experienced indie devs now  :D

Optimistically, the beta release will be in the end of January. But of course no one can guarantee it.

Offline Wingedra

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 12:34:34 AM »
I check every now and then to see if there is an update. How does the beta release schedule feel right now o.o?

Offline grishnak

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 04:05:15 AM »
Shouldn't it be possible for someone with renpy installed to manually copy/paste the content and files from github and compile an inbetween version? Or since the alpha is mostly "unpacked" anyway, you might be able to update the alpha manually by adding and updating the scripts and libraries?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 04:11:23 AM »
Possible, yes. But it would be extremely difficult, dev version is not setup to be playable and without knowing the codebase really well, it will take longer to do that than it will us to wrap everything up.

We've cleared almost all major issues, now it's all about wrapping up jobs/businesses and balancing them. After that we can prolly release a beta. We will change the dev cycles after that, making sure that there is an update every few month instead of years.
Like what we're doing?

Offline grishnak

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 05:41:55 AM »
I can also imagine, that once you publish a solid beta framework, you can count on more help from the community in creating items/jobs/characters, finding bugs and balancing :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 05:49:41 AM »
I can also imagine, that once you publish a solid beta framework, you can count on more help from the community in creating items/jobs/characters, finding bugs and balancing :)

"Finding bugs" are the key words here :) Our dev version is very stable and there are no crashes anywhere for month and month, yet every time someone downloads it, they manage to find 4 - 5 bugs. Balancing will happen over time, jobs are prolly too difficult to create on modding level but characters and items are a breeze.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 07:57:43 AM »
We will change the dev cycles after that, making sure that there is an update every few month instead of years.
Unlikely if you still will be busy with BR.