Author Topic: Regarding buying unique slave girls on the market  (Read 8844 times)

Offline bigz

Regarding buying unique slave girls on the market
« on: December 22, 2009, 12:35:16 AM »
I am not sure if this is a bug or it is supposed to be like this, but when I have a lot of non-random unique girls as slave in the charactors folder I can only buy part of them on the market, and after a while no unique girls will appear on the market even though there are still unique slave girls I have not bought yet.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Regarding buying unique slave girls on the market
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 01:14:45 AM »
You should be able to purchase all of your unique slave girls in the market.  You can double check that you have all of them by opening all of your .girlsx files in the WM editor and selecting "slaves only" in the filter.  Check that list against the girls in your brothel(s) and dungeon.  If you are missing some and can't buy them in the market, then it's a bug.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline dcb42

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 06:46:16 AM »
Yeah, some of the uniques are set to only be available through Take A Walk or kidnapping, IIRC. getting all the Uniques can be a long, painstaking effort, at least in my experience - 'cause there's always one or two hiding away waiting to be kidnapped or whatever.

Offline bigz

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 09:24:24 AM »
Actually in my case I set all uniques to slave status so there are no unique girls to be kidnapped and no unique girls in catatomb. Theoretically all of them should appear ion the market, but after several weeks there are always random girls and previously owned random girls only apprearing in the market.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 10:32:04 AM »
Ahh...I think I know what might be happening.  The market is bugged and treats previously owned girls as uniques, so they are taking up the unique slots in the market.  Buy them back and throw them in the dungeon.  Then either a) keep the unwanteds in the dungeon forever, b) "good" option: free the unwanteds and fire them (they won't show up in the salve market if they're free), or c) "evil" option: torture/rape/starve them to death in the dungeon (likewise, dead girls don't show up in the slave market).  Repeat the process until you get rid of all your previously owned random girls, then uniques should start showing up again.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 11:26:55 AM »
Sounds like zodiac's found a Final Solution that works for him.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 11:23:22 PM »
It's not a final solution - it's a workaround to get past the problem, assuming I guessed correctly.  I did note that the slave market is bugged...

Offline kaen

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 07:04:22 AM »
I'm assuming he means 'Final Solution' in the sense that you're killing them off, not in the meaning of having found a fix to a problem.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 04:37:39 PM »
whoa...now I feel dumb...missed the capitals on "Final Solution" there  >;o)

Offline bigz

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 01:49:09 PM »
Nice joke > 'Final Solution'
Well I tried both killing them in dungeon and freeing them.
However it seems after I get rid of these random girls I still cannot buy other unique slaves.
I have played a while after getting rid of them but so far no unique girls appeared.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 03:12:05 PM »
Attach a save, I'll go over it an see what I can discover.

Offline bigz

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »
Here you are.
Version is 129.4.6 and I added all girls mod I can find on this forum to the Charactor folder and changed the girls to slave status.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 01:50:48 AM »
Scanning over the save file, I see you have the following unique girls in your brothels:

Alena
Etna
Cecilia
KiKi
Carrera
Kos Mos
Jessica Albert
Boa Hancock
Akizuki Ritsuko
Amami Haruka
Akiyama Mio
Hong Meiling
Shameimaru Aya
Kirisame Marisa
Hakurei Reimu
Ayase Yue
Karakuri Chachamaru
Konoe Konoka
Hasegawa Chisame
Nagase Kaede
Mahora Cheerleaders
Asakura Kazumi
Tatsumiya Mana
Sakurazaki Setsuna
Miyazaki Nodoka
Kuu Fei
Yukihiro Ayaka
Evangeline A. K. Mcdowell
Narutaki Fuuka & Fumika
Sasaki Makie
Chao Lingshen
Saotome Haruna
Naba Chizuru
Chun-Li
Kooh
Cassandra Alexandra
Astaroth
Cammy White
Asakura Ryouko
Cecile Croomy
Asahina Mikuru
Ayanami Rei
Hana
Bulma
Android 18
Aisaka Taiga

According to the save, there aren't any more unique girls in your game.  Did you add the others to your characters folder after you started this game?  If so, then either a) your .girls/.girlsx files are missing or corrupted, b) you added the new girls to an existing .girls/.girlsx file (the game only loads a given .girls/.girlsx file once, so if you update one the changes won't appear in games you have already started), or c) the mechanism that adds new girls to existing games is still broken.

If you've added girls since you started this game, try starting a new one and see if the missing girls show up.

Offline bigz

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 02:56:35 PM »
Well it was a new game after I combined all old .girls file into a single .girlsx file.
I have attached the .girlsx file in case you need to look at it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:36:37 AM by bigz »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 03:12:15 PM »
The attachment is empty. Probably didn't upload properly.