devolution

Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 937929 times)

Offline Anonemuss

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .05q.04
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 09:18:40 AM »
Something that really needs to be expanded: the Interaction script. That sh*t hasn't been updated in two years!

I'd like to see some of the features that are implemented but not fleshed out to be expanded upon, like the scripts. Regardless of possible bugs in doing so, it just breaks the flow of the game to come across "Script end for testing purposes"  and other test messages because the scripter didn't get rid of them before they were added.

I'm not saying the script is bad; it's wonderful! It just needs some work, is all.

PS - Is this the right thread for this post? Sorry if it isn't...

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .05q.04
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 07:33:41 PM »
Something that really needs to be expanded: the Interaction script. That sh*t hasn't been updated in two years!

I'd like to see some of the features that are implemented but not fleshed out to be expanded upon, like the scripts. Regardless of possible bugs in doing so, it just breaks the flow of the game to come across "Script end for testing purposes"  and other test messages because the scripter didn't get rid of them before they were added.

I'm not saying the script is bad; it's wonderful! It just needs some work, is all.
I am not a writer, just a coder.
If I have the text of a story, I can make the code to play it out, but I have trouble actually creating the story.

Until I can go through the entire DefaultInteractDetails.script, for now I only removed the "End of Script text for testing purposes." line.

I will look at the how the code handles the script files and see if I can do anything to make it better.

Anyone know where the source code for the ScriptEdit.exe is?

PS - Is this the right thread for this post? Sorry if it isn't...
It does not really matter where you post, it all gets read, but the red section of the first post on this thread has links to the suggested threads for what type of post you want to do.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .05r
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 09:24:13 AM »
I regards to writing, I did make a modified meetscript for the town and arena, so you could see if they're any good, might actually get back into script writing so I might be able to churn that sorta stuff out. (fingers crossed)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:58:07 AM by Bowman Vii »
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 08:09:39 AM »
whoa... what happened to the text in the menuboxes? grey on peppermint is not too kind on the eyes to read... where can that get changed back to black? u can basically read nothing!

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 09:56:02 AM »
whoa... what happened to the text in the menuboxes? grey on peppermint is not too kind on the eyes to read... where can that get changed back to black? u can basically read nothing!
The green background color was added for "Good News" turn summary items in .05p.01.
The full notes are here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27858#msg27858

To change the color of the text in the menuboxes, you will need to edit your .\Resources\Interface\(interfacename)\InterfaceColors.txt
Find and change the line:
Code: [Select]
0 0 0        LIST BOX FONT
The first part of each line is 3 numbers, separated by spaces, from 0 to 255
0 0 0 is black
255 255 255 is white

If you want to get the numbers, use this - http://html-color-codes.info/#HTML_Color_Picker
The R,G,B numbers are the 3 numbers you need

Make a backup of your InterfaceColors.txt first incase you break it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:02:08 AM by aevojoey »

Offline rxformula91

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .05r.02
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 02:29:15 AM »
Hi I looked at the gallery and picture code changes on the r87 codes, in my previous games I've actually still used a default folder, primarily what I did was made IMGTYPE_MILK refer to the default folder for a milk*.*g pic if It can't find it in specific girls folder...

is that still possible with the code changes? if not how can it be done?

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .05r.02
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 10:30:40 AM »
Hi I looked at the gallery and picture code changes on the r87 codes, in my previous games I've actually still used a default folder, primarily what I did was made IMGTYPE_MILK refer to the default folder for a milk*.*g pic if It can't find it in specific girls folder...

is that still possible with the code changes? if not how can it be done?
Good catch
I still need to convert the other draw image sections to this method but I wanted to make sure there were no more bugs in it first.

I added the default image check back in
Code: [Select]
    // `J` first check if there are preg varients
    // `J` then check varients
    // `J` if there are no alternate types found then try default images
    if (girl->is_pregnant() && m_DefImages->m_Images[ImgType + PREG_OFFSET].m_NumImages)
    {
        return m_DefImages->m_Images[ImgType + PREG_OFFSET].GetImageSurface(random, img);
    }
    if (m_DefImages->m_Images[ImgType].m_NumImages)
    {
        return m_DefImages->m_Images[ImgType].GetImageSurface(random, img);
    }
    // `J` if there are no alternate or default types found then try profile
For image types that have no alttypes, I used "alttypes[0] = 8;" as a place holder (8=IMGTYPE_PROFILE).
I changed that to "alttypes[0] = -1;" to allow defaults to be checked

To anyone who makes girls folders,
Please update the Default folder to include at least 1 image for each new image type.
Full list of image types is here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27839#msg27839

It will be in the next version.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:03:46 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Uriel

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .05s.01
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 01:19:01 PM »
How about a chance for the beast carers to get pregnant from the one of the beasts?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »
How about a chance for the beast carers to get pregnant from the one of the beasts?
That is already planned for the farm as either a random chance event (if libido is high enough) or as a special "job".
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 03:33:13 PM by aevojoey »

Offline dullman

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .05s.02
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2014, 10:19:55 PM »
Hi, i have a proposition regarding milking job, how if we change it from giving you money to gain a milk, differents quality depends on girls traits (similar to one mode we would introduce milk quality trait with different numbers to improve milk quality we use a magic items), i would also introduce girls traits to amount of milk that girl can give max (normally it would be a amount between 0 and max number) of course it will improve with time and max also depends on size of the breast (although it's only for normal gain, magic gain through items could give more milk than max from breast size). The milk we could use as food, sell to customer with price depends on quality and amount, or use in alchemy (if we introduce job) to create health potions (or other potions). It's my idea to improve gameplay, answer me what a possibility to introduce this to game?

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 10:30:22 AM »
So ... less a question/suggestion for additions/changes, and more a question.  What exactly is Version 1 going to be like?  I mean, the current release is Version .05s.02?  Not even Version .1?  That so many changes from .05h haven't even bumped it into .06 is making me very curious as to just how ambitious the plan is.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2014, 11:31:31 AM »
So ... less a question/suggestion for additions/changes, and more a question.  What exactly is Version 1 going to be like?  I mean, the current release is Version .05s.02?  Not even Version .1?  That so many changes from .05h haven't even bumped it into .06 is making me very curious as to just how ambitious the plan is.
In reality, the change from .05 to .06 is due more to nearing the end of the alphabet than to any major code change.
The old .05 had the letter that is now being replaced by the second set of numbers
.06.00.## will be the beta stage
.06.01.## will be when all the currently planned jobs are in and working

That being said, the farm will have:
10-15+ new jobs
1-3 new stats
4-6 new skills
5-10 new traits

Sex skills will be split off into their own group
Poisoned statuses will finally be used
Skills will randomly lower over time if not used

Hi, i have a proposition regarding milking job, how if we change it from giving you money to gain a milk, differents quality depends on girls traits (similar to one mode we would introduce milk quality trait with different numbers to improve milk quality we use a magic items), i would also introduce girls traits to amount of milk that girl can give max (normally it would be a amount between 0 and max number) of course it will improve with time and max also depends on size of the breast (although it's only for normal gain, magic gain through items could give more milk than max from breast size). The milk we could use as food, sell to customer with price depends on quality and amount, or use in alchemy (if we introduce job) to create health potions (or other potions). It's my idea to improve gameplay, answer me what a possibility to introduce this to game?
Most of this is already planned.
Breast size already affects the amount of milk thus the money gained from the current milking job.
When the milking job is moved to the farm, actual "Milk" items will be added to the players inventory.
Varieties of milk will include some of the traits:
 - "Succubus Milk" is already in the game and may be prodused when a demon girl is milked.
 - Write your own itemsx files and post them here - ITEMS - Help Wanted - also taking new items
I already planned on a "Milk Production" stat to work similar to libido, increasing over time and dropping when milked

Using the milk as the liquid base of potions is a good idea.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:35:58 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Uriel

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2014, 12:51:48 PM »
That is already planned for the farm as either a random chance event (if libido is high enough) or as a special "job".
Awesome. Can't wait.
My idea was that since girls raise their beastiality while caring, pregnancy could occur as a random event when girl's beast&libido is high enough.
Maybe even some trait requirement...  :P

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2014, 01:12:48 PM »
Awesome. Can't wait.
My idea was that since girls raise their beastiality while caring, pregnancy could occur as a random event when girl's beast&libido is high enough.
Maybe even some trait requirement...  :P
Here are some traits I have in planning:

"Fertile" - Increases chance of pregnancy
"Brood Mother" - Increases chance of beast pregnancy and multiple births.
"Egg Layer" - Lays eggs instead of live births  - (lots of coding needed for this so probably not anytime soon)

"Dry Milk" - Can not produce milk
"Slow Milker" - Produces less milk
"Milker" - Produces more milk faster
"Super Milker" - Produces a lot more milk much faster

Suggest more, Include :
 - a short description (100 characters or less)
 - and a long description,
 - some stats/skills/sex that they affect,
 - anything that can help

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2014, 02:13:02 PM »

That being said, the farm will have:10-15+ new jobs1-3 new stats4-6 new skills5-10 new traits

Any hint as to what the new skills will be? I already had to edit all of my girls to have an initial custom "Hand" skill, should I be getting ready for another ordeal in Notepad++ adding a custom initial "Feet" skill?

Here are some traits I have in planning:

"Fertile" - Increases chance of pregnancy
"Brood Mother" - Increases chance of beast pregnancy and multiple births.
"Egg Layer" - Lays eggs instead of live births  - (lots of coding needed for this so probably not anytime soon)

"Dry Milk" - Can not produce milk
"Slow Milker" - Produces less milk
"Milker" - Produces more milk faster
"Super Milker" - Produces a lot more milk much faster

Will these new traits be shipped with the conversion of the file containing them to the .xml format?

Better yet, will these new traits have full customization functionality, so we can add/modify our own values of stats and skills affected instead of them being hardcoded?

Also, while there is no "proper" way of spelling the word "broodmother", I prefer it when it's spelled together. Just a small opinion.

Also also, where do we "submit" our trait ideas? In this very thread?

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:16:10 PM by 0nymous »