Author Topic: The 1.29 Todo list  (Read 31904 times)

Offline crazy

The 1.29 Todo list
« on: July 02, 2010, 05:11:26 AM »
Got bored waiting on pictures to load for girls of the new pack im working on so decide to take a look at the old Todo list.  There is alot of very interesting ideals on the list so im just wondering on how much of its still planed for the game or is most of it put on hold for other ideals?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: The 1.29 Todo list
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 06:19:25 AM »
Well....

That ToDo list is necno's list from just before he opened up the codebase. I've never taken it as a roadmap, personally, and offhand I can't remember much that was on it.

For my part, my current todo list looks a bit like this:

• Finish the basic lua integration - we need to be able to update the player stats from lua, sex, and trait handling
  • I want to finally squish the bug where one little girl singlehandedly wipes out three squads of battle hardened goons
  • I want to overhaul the traits system so they use XML and Lua which shouldn't be too hard
  • See if I can port across the ability to write lua handlers for XML screen controls from CloneMaster. If I get that right, you guys can write your own buttons and screens if you feel the need, and that takes some of the pressure of us devs
  • After that, I want to switch back to working on CloneMaster which I've neclected these past few weeks.
  • As I get GoodStuff worked out on CM, I'll port it back to WM.

All subject to change if I see something shiny and get distracted.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 06:21:09 AM by DocClox »

Offline crazy

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 08:13:37 PM »
Well the one ideal which jump out at me was add the ability to edit the map and add new towns to the map.  Which got me thinking about adding new towns.. but seeing as i cant work in c++ i coudnt but what if someone could make a town making kit so everyone could make towns.  Basically i figure it would have everything you need to make a new town just have to then write events and scripts for it find the town map you want to use and the brothl images.  This could be taken alot further the maker would have the abilty to decide how the user gained access to there town how the government was the way rivals were handled and much much more.  But seeing as im about to leave work I don't have time to type it all out.  I know this would probably be a coding nightmare to have all these custom towns load and everything but just think it would be a great tool for user made content.  Ill probably post more of my ideal on this a little later tonight.

exodia91

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 01:25:17 AM »
Whats the point?

Offline crazy

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 02:42:52 AM »
The point would be to have extra things to do as it is you get all the brothels and basically wait for your gangs to win the game for you.  User made towns would give extra towns to take over and with it beaning user made it would be optional just like girl packs are if you don't want them don't use them.  I figure if given the right tools some of the users out there could come up with some interesting ideals for towns and I said let them script and add events so maybe they could come up with a decent storyline for there towns.  I would love to see extra towns made by the devs just to give me extra things to do in the game but im sure some people don't so if they did it this way towns would be optional and not change the main game and would allow user to make towns that normally couldn't.  It seem to me the devs like to give people tools to shape the game how they see fit this would just be another tool for that.  I don't know if it could be made as i know nothing about c++ and for all i know im the only one who would like to see extra towns in the game like I said seen it on the list and thought i would toss the ideal out cause i love the ideal of getting more user made content then just girl packs.

Offline Shinteo

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 06:01:19 AM »
You could make things like having another town for certain girls. As an example, you could mod in a tiny village near the edge of the map call Konoha, where you can kiddnap some cute ninja girls to play with...

Personally, I think it'd be a great idea if they decide to add in this feature

Offline fixet

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 09:42:34 AM »
konoha is in another plane of existence

they get to crossgate through a portal

there is no konoha

what the game needs is extra gameplay, not prolonging the game itself

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 10:32:04 AM »
I'd like to see a bit more use made of the map. There's a lot of empty space on that thing that just begs to be used for something :)

I don't have any immediate plans to do anything in the line, mind. On the other hand, the map is going to be converted to XML and Lua at some point, after which anyone will be able to take a crack at adding to it.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 10:48:28 AM »
I'd take a crack at making cells that color in showing what rival controls what territory. It's a simple thing, but it goes a long way in promoting user interest in rivals.  ;D
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 01:57:46 PM »
I'd take a crack at making cells that color in showing what rival controls what territory. It's a simple thing, but it goes a long way in promoting user interest in rivals.  ;D

Doc mentioned a similar idea waaaaaaay wayyyy back when they started converting to XML. I always liked the idea too, but not really sure if it'll ever happen.
Basically the map was broken up to specific sections. The first area being where you got "bottom of the barrel" girls. Low stats, few to zero traits. As well as a very weak rival gang. As you progressed through the game new slave markets, shops ect. would open up as well as more space of the map. It was a really interesting idea. I think it got slammed pretty hard when he suggested the concept though. :/

Some sort of progression is something the game could definitely use. No one is happy with the gangs, but any suggestions that come up get bashed before they get anywhere. lol, you just can't win with this crowd.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

exodia91

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 03:30:30 PM »
Yes it got slammed hard, as it kills 50% of the playerbase. And the reason any ideas get slammed hard is because there's two factions of players playing tug of war with what they want the game to be. The people who want it to stay a fun glorious sand box and the ignorant assholes kind gentleman who want to turn it into some difficult business simulation.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 03:49:20 PM »
The people who want it to stay a fun glorious sand box and the ignorant assholes kind gentleman who want to turn it into some difficult business simulation.

*sigh*

And then you wonder why people take offence at what you write...

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 05:52:32 PM »
Yes it got slammed hard, as it kills 50% of the playerbase. And the reason any ideas get slammed hard is because there's two factions of players playing tug of war with what they want the game to be. The people who want it to stay a fun glorious sand box and the ignorant assholes kind gentleman who want to turn it into some difficult business simulation.

I think you just nailed the problem right there. There isn't a clear direction on how the game is going to be handled. After the initial concept was made when Necno first released the game any new features, ideas or direction has come straight from the community. No one in the dev team has really taken the mantle of creative director and decided for a true direction for the game.
Instead, WM is becoming more and more of a toolbox for people to create their own game. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's more like a way to try and please everyone which just simply won't happen. 
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 01:58:40 AM »
I think you just nailed the problem right there. There isn't a clear direction on how the game is going to be handled. After the initial concept was made when Necno first released the game any new features, ideas or direction has come straight from the community. No one in the dev team has really taken the mantle of creative director and decided for a true direction for the game.

Well, on the subject of what features we should and should not include, necno's on record as saying "I want everything". So there's no problem there.

And really, discounting the opinion of anyone who's called me an "ignorant asshole" recently, there's not very much controversy at all.

Instead, WM is becoming more and more of a toolbox for people to create their own game. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's more like a way to try and please everyone which just simply won't happen.

Well exactly. I've been adding scripting and modding features because they're about the only things that don't start needless arguments.  The plan was to pull out of WM development entirely once the scripting was far enough along and concentrate on making my own mod where I could do what I liked without  making the game less useful to those of us that like to use use it solely as a pr0n viewer. But even that isn't enough for some people, it seems.

So I think you're right. We're never going to please everyone, and I've been giving far too much weight to the opinions of one spoiled, self-centered and excessively vocal forum member. I don't like ignoring people's opinions, if only because there's always the possibility that they're right and I'm wrong. In this particular case however, I do believe I'm about to make an exception.

I'm going to have a little bit think about how to move this game forward as a game. After which I think we'll see some changes around here. Enough is enough.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 02:10:07 AM by DocClox »

exodia91

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 04:21:07 PM »
Uuuuurk. If you're gonna make it a difficult business sim now at least give it a more realistic bent instead of the current pseudo-crime we have now. It doesn't make you feel like a criminal to play the game right now.

And I speak loudly because I speak with the voice of the silent masses.

But I guess its nice I've finally got my point across and we can move forward.