devolution

Author Topic: Future suggestions to improve difficulty  (Read 38686 times)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Future suggestions to improve difficulty
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2009, 12:45:47 PM »
How so?
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2009, 01:44:22 PM »
I havent played the Flash Sim Brothel in a while but I don't see how any of these ideas are similar to that game.
Sim Brothel has a "special" slave trade but it's by no means time specific. I also saw no value in selling girls in Sim Brothel. If you become a slave trainer, I think it only makes sense that selling well trained girls would be profitable as well.
I like the idea that you could also trade girls for rare items. Rather than just money.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2009, 01:57:46 PM »
Because that is EXACTLY the system the Flash Sim Brothel(AKA Sim Brothel Version 1) uses for girl growth.

EXP is spent on raising attributes.  EXP is gained through training and work.  There are no levels-only EXP and AP(Also gained through work-and only work.) which are used to activate various abilities and traits, some of which are inherant, some of which must be learned via training.

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2009, 02:16:22 PM »
Hmm... I didn't know you meant the xp system but, I pulled up the game again and you're right. As far as distributing stats by the player goes. That's exactly how Sim Brothel is run.
However, having the player add these stats him/herself would be quite taxing anyways. Too much micromanagement is something of an issue as is. That would increase it by an unrepresented number. Going through each girl one by one and adding various stats would be a huge pain anyways.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2009, 03:18:56 PM »
I recall Sim Brothel having a training system where you would train specific stats for each girl, and then spend earned AP's on traits (or whatever they were called).  They had ranks for girls, which affected how much you could charge for their services, but ranks were not correlated with skills in any way.  There were no levels or XP.

As far as micromanagement goes, I suggested that player distribution be an option for those who like that sort of thing.  I would never suggest imposing that on everyone.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Kalebon

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2009, 06:46:53 PM »
The original Sim brothel had AP and rank for traits. Stat increase was exp and training.

the ranks said what traits you had access to, to be able to spend the ap you gained on. Each of the girls had their own set traits that could get accessed this way.

Or that is how I understood it from playing it.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2009, 07:07:03 PM »
I think traits got opened up through training, but I could be wrong.  I was a long time ago that I played anyway.

Even if we implemented a similar system to the SimBro training, is there something inherently wrong with that?  Tons of games use XP/training to raise stats or skills (in tabletop gaming, there's Ars Magica and Shadowrun as examples), and tons more give points to spend when a character levels (D&D).  Both are tried and true systems, I'm not attached to either one.

WM has a level system, which currently has no effect on the game to my knowledge, I was merely proposing a use for it.

Offline letmein

« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2009, 07:14:45 PM »
My objection is that keeping track of detailed upgrade paths for all the girls is a needless complication.  So far as experience and levels go, I think that if anything the system should be cut down instead of expanded.  What good are levels?  All that matters is that girls with more experience do better - and that could all be kept track of purely through skill increases.  Playing around with levels and such isn't, as I see it, the focus of this game and there's no reason to make it so.
Still lurking.

Offline Command

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2009, 11:13:27 PM »
Something sturck me but it maybe a good idea to have it when Girls don't want to work you can talk to them and get a genreal idea bout how to proceed to get them to work.

Or atleast some sort of status report by someone you hire to keep track on how the girls act and such so you can get an idea at their own behaviors and what is most effective on each girl.

I mean when they first refuse to work it's kind of like shooting at the problem in pitched black and it's not always a good idea to send girls straight to the dungion, sometimes scolding them doesn't work, and purchasing them stuff doesn't seem like a good idea sometimes or increasing their acomidations. 

Not to mention you still feel lost once you have done practically everything and you still don't know what to do.  I think some way to give the player a general idea how to get the girl motivated into doing her work would be useful.

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2009, 11:44:28 PM »
When they increase in level how much they cost goes up.
So it's not "useless" but it does take forever. Since no one has agreed to how to run stats. I think keeping them the same is fine. I would just change level to something else or remove it entirely as mentioned by letmein.
Instead their "charge" could increase by their fame and or skills. I think level only increases every day she works. I'm not really sure. But I think an unknown girl would cost next to nothing while a woman known for her beauty and skills would be more expensive.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline letmein

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2009, 01:22:50 AM »
@Command:  girls not working is more of a bug than a difficulty thing, but regardless, there are a few tricks to get around the problem.  The main thing is to lower their rebellion;  I've found that any value lower than about -40 will let them work on a pretty routine basis, and once they do than then they'll start working more and more often as they start enjoying it.  The thing to do, then, is to get that rebellion level to the magic -40, or if you're in a hurry, at least -20.

There are a couple ways to do that, depending on how you like to play and what you consider exploits.  The simplist way is just to buy girls with already low values - this tends to limit you to randoms, though, so if you're like me you'll tend to do this only at the start of the game when you need the steady income.  Once you have some money coming in, your options expand a bit:  you pretty much can do three things. 

First, and perhaps easiest, is to send every girl to the dungeon.  For most girls without any "aggressive" traits, a month or so in lockdown with torture should get your rebellion low enough.  It's harder to do on the tougher girls, but if you keep them alive and keep working on them, they'll cave sooner or later.

The second choice is to use items.  The issue here is that the default items that come with the game aren't really good for this;  you'll either have to create your own or find a mod.  Currently, the only real item mod is sgb's, which is very decent and has some things that will make lowering rebellion almost trivial given enough money (and, in some cases, time).  sgb also did a good job of not making his items feel like exploits, or overpowered - I'd recommend getting his mod regardless of which option you prefer.

The last, and probably toughest, way is to communicate.  You have a "Talk to..." button:  use it!  Chatting slowly makes girls like you more, and once you get them to love you, start asking them to do the other acts.  Their rebellion will slowly sink, but more importantly they'll start to enjoy the acts.  This method is debatably the most time-consuming, but for the real hard cases it can sometimes actually be quicker than waiting for the girl's will to break.  A note, here:  use "Scold" sparingly.  Even for the more meek girls, it only helps for a while, then it actually starts to raise rebellion.  I prefer chatting (not about anything specific).  Just remember that even if the rebellion stat isn't visibly lowering, the love stat is rising, and that's the one you're working on with this method.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2009, 03:06:26 AM »
I've also discovered that the love stat rises for girls over time even if you never talk to them.  I started a test game, and after I-forget-how-many-weeks, I discovered that the girl I picked up on turn one loved me.  I never spoke with her, had sex with her, or otherwise took any actions that might influence the love/hate/fear stats.  Weird.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2009, 08:48:46 AM »
Well, the only reason I can think of is that you are providing a good work environment with decent pay and she like you because of that.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2009, 02:19:52 PM »
It's probably a mix of that and the fact that you aren't mean to her either. (And for in-game reasons, if there are other's worse off than her that might make her think you like her more>)

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »
Decent pay?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  I don't charge her for the privilege of working for me, so I guess that's decent...  >;o)