devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master EX  (Read 477445 times)

Offline EXfun

Re: Whore Master EX
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2011, 04:28:29 PM »
A purely cosmetic change would be loading a proper picture after an interacion. At the moment, every time you Ask or Force having sex with a girl, you get a random profile picture (if I'm right). Some of the interactions should load from a proper category of pics (for example, if you have sex, you get a sex picture... ). Not very important, but I think it could be a small good thing. :)
Exactly same to what I think.

Offline ertl

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2011, 06:28:41 PM »
Another small improvement could be a list of your daughters/sons that are "growing up". A possible location for this list could be in your home, accesible through the "Visit Town".

Offline compuscribe

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2011, 07:46:26 PM »
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I don't recall seeing anything about it, so here we go.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like some of those girl packs don't work.

Knowing that it didn't come with any, I started slowly, just to see what would happen. I started without any girl packs, just to see what would happen. (Not much, but then, I didn't really expect it to work.) Then, I shut the game down and started adding some of the random girls. I started with the Bunny Girl, and that's when things went wrong. I went to the slave market and the game froze. After it stopped responding to the system, I had to shut it down, forcefully. I thought, perhaps it needs a few more girl types, so I threw in a few more of the random girls. The game would work, but I got an army of girls in china dresses and girls with girls with horns (Kirin). No bunny, cat or slime girls. (Apparently, I'd forgotten to add the waitress. Tested it, later. That one does work, as well.) Out of curiosity, I removed the China Dress and Kirin packs, again (the ones I knew were working), and the game started locking up, again, as soon as I'd enter the slave market or take a walk.

I imagine most people are using multiple packs, so they may not be noticing that a few of them aren't firing correctly ... or maybe it's something on my end. Thought I'd mention it, though.

If it matters, I was using the 800x600 version.

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2011, 07:57:04 PM »
Now that you mention it compuscribe...you're right, I haven't seen any of those randoms appear anywhere. I haven't seen Horo, Reisz, Astaroth, Ayane, Rydia, China Dress, Slime Girl, Bunny Girl and Byakuren Hijiri (Might of seen the last one, but none of the others mentioned). All of these girls have .girlsx files in the character folders, so I don't know what's going on.

I read that the monster girls only appear in the catacombs? That would explain most of them (Horo, Reisz, Astaroth, Bunny and Slime Girls) but still leaves a few others possibly broken (China Dress/other uniques). I've barely touched the catacombs and have yet to capture anyone from there, I think it was mentioned that the monster girls do indeed only show up there. Anyone else not see girls showing up?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 07:59:50 PM by trex »

Offline ShikinamiFan91

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2011, 08:24:23 PM »
Now that you mention it compuscribe...you're right, I haven't seen any of those randoms appear anywhere. I haven't seen Horo, Reisz, Astaroth, Ayane, Rydia, China Dress, Slime Girl, Bunny Girl and Byakuren Hijiri (Might of seen the last one, but none of the others mentioned). All of these girls have .girlsx files in the character folders, so I don't know what's going on.

I read that the monster girls only appear in the catacombs? That would explain most of them (Horo, Reisz, Astaroth, Bunny and Slime Girls) but still leaves a few others possibly broken (China Dress/other uniques). I've barely touched the catacombs and have yet to capture anyone from there, I think it was mentioned that the monster girls do indeed only show up there. Anyone else not see girls showing up?
All of those are catacomb ones, I believe.

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2011, 09:30:59 PM »
Spot on Shikinami, they're all lurking in the dungeons. Thanks!

Offline Kenki

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2011, 11:02:07 PM »
I can confrim that all of the following are ONLY obtainable in the Catacombs:  Horo, Reisz, Astaroth, Ayane, Rydia, and Byakuren Hijiri

I have seen the China Dress at the slave market.

Slime Girl, Bunny Girl may only be available through the catacombs, I haven't captured any yet, I barely explore them.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2011, 11:48:44 PM »
A clarification on WM EX: it is NOT an official version and it is not intended to replace regular whore master. This is a spin-off game. Not everyone really likes EX. While it's great to have other people working on girl packs, it's not required and I don't expect anyone to. Old girl packs are, for the most part, compatible with EX, though I believe random girls may need some tweaking in their trait lists.

Just to confirm, all of those girl packs definitely work and some of you were being confused by the fact that many girls show up in the catacombs.

>Also i don't ever ever see any negative actions in the catacombs.  I assume this will be implemented later?

They occur when or if your girl gets defeated and raped. Girls with high combat will probably never see this. Right now, EX just uses the old method of determining pass/fail in the catacombs because I was pressed for time to switch it to be more based on traits.

>I've played a test game for about 20 weeks. I didn't get a girl with a "virgin" trait : random ?

Random on random girls, not random on unique girls. I'm widly guessing on almost every girl, so not everyone that should necessarily have Virgin has it. That is assuming you're using my packs. If you use old packs, they won't have Virgin because the system for that was converted from a stat in the details screen over to a trait.

>Daughters

Didn't touch that system. Come to think of it, I probably need to make it so the daughters can inherit Inhuman Lifespan, Immortal, and the sex traits.

>Just a question : You've removed the picture category beasts. Don't you like them or are the implemented in another category?

I have no interest in bestiality or tentacle sex. I was worried that this would be the biggest problem with EX, since I took it out, but you're the first and only person to mention it so far.

>Pregnancy is odd.

Pregnancy just by default has a lower chance of happening in EX. This can be changed in the config file.  I felt the default preg chance in regular WM was a little ridiculous, but then again I don't really find pregnant women attractive and the pic quality in the packs is rather low. Your older women getting pregnant while younger do not was merely blind luck.

>The biggest thing I'd like to mention is the security system. I interpreted a comment in this thread that you needed multiple girls to secure the brothel as you increase your clientele. Say you have 6 girls on security. An attacked has to go through all six before assaulting a 'worker', or at least until the security number was below 0.

If the gangs get past 1 girl, they definitely just go after the girl they were trying to attack. I'd like to implement it so the next security girl in line steps in, but we shall see. To clarify, even a security girl with 100 combat and high agility/constitution may go down if she already has low HP from previous fights. You could have a security girl with only 1 HP left before she's too low to fight, and the game will still make her fight instead of the girls working after her with 100% HP.

>A purely cosmetic change would be loading a proper picture after an interacion.

I've been looking all over the code and script files for where to do this. Did somebody custom mod this to happen already? Because I have no idea where to look to change it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:03:10 AM by THE FUTURE »
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline compuscribe

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2011, 11:58:52 PM »
Having some of the girls only show up in the catacombs is fair enough, but you seem to have missed the part where I said the game was locking up. (Okay, I said "freezing," but it's basically the same thing.) If you're going to go the route that allows for catacombs-only girls (perfectly valid), and you're not going to include at least one of each type of girl, by default (also perfectly valid), you should probably make sure the game doesn't hang up if the player only has packs for girls who can't be found outside of the catacombs. After all, the game didn't freeze when there were no girl packs at all. I simply got a slave market screen with no girls. Adding a girl pack shouldn't break it.

While I'm at it, I haven't tried it, but it probably wouldn't hurt to make sure the other direction works as well (a player with only market slaves visiting the catacombs).

It's the downside of making a game this open-ended and customizable: you need to make sure all of the configurations are viable.

Now that I know, I can just add more girls, but it's still an issue that should probably be addressed.

EDIT: Without looking at the code, there's no way to know for sure, but it sounds like, as soon as you add a girl pack, upon entering the slave market or taking a walk (presumably, where you find a girl), the game goes into a loop to figure out which girl pack it will use. Since there aren't any valid options for the slave market, it just keeps looping, checking the same girls, over and over again, searching for a match that doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:19:00 AM by compuscribe »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2011, 12:47:38 AM »
That came off as condescending.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2011, 12:52:23 AM »
compuscribe, how is your file structure? I think I had the same thing when I first installed the game with all the girl packs. I told winrar to extract to individual folders, and then cut/paste them into the right directory. However, when I went to the slavemarket (and it didn't crash) all I got was the UI with no text and no girls. I rechecked the directory, and all girls were like this:

Rydia folder->Rydia folder (again)->Rydia folder full of pics and the .girlsx file. This is wrong. I went back, told winrar to extract all here instead, and then cut/pasted the results. The file structure then was:

Rydia folder->Rydia folder full of pics and the .girlsx file. Basically the files were 2 folders deep instead of being directly in the first file. This resolved all my problems.

Maybe your correct about the issue being that the girl packs are causing issues because some are soley found in a certain place. I don't know as I use all available packs.

Thanks for answering my questions THEFUTURE, lol I found out later about the girlpacks and the catacombs, I should have remembered that spawning location options would be the same as the original, I have taken a few months break from WM so some things aren't clicking straight away. It does seem the catacombs are slightly easier than the security system (because it's based on the old system, and I make better judgement on who to use down there?), but I haven't delved much into both so far. Maybe I'm mistaken (probably!). It does seem I need to keep playing around with security as it seems that combat/magic aren't as important as some traits. I had the vocaloids perform better then the naruto assassins and that index girl even though they had lower overall combat/magic, although I didn't take constitution into account. (Probably the construct trait makes them survive longer in combat) Although I think these observations are based on how well they raised the security number, not on actual combat performance. lol I don't know if all this is appropriate here, we can discuss EX in this thread? I'll stop raving now.

I'd love to see the change in the security system, it does appear to be quite a task though, but it would make sense, and I think your aiming towards something along those lines. Good luck with it! I think most people are liking the mod, I certainly am!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:00:04 AM by trex »

Offline dqhx

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2011, 02:01:27 AM »
>A purely cosmetic change would be loading a proper picture after an interacion.

I've been looking all over the code and script files for where to do this. Did somebody custom mod this to happen already? Because I have no idea where to look to change it.

Mine and Anon's versions both have it.
You need to modify the regular (old-style non-lua) scripting functions to detect what interaction happened (although you'll probably have to display a random sex image for those not properly implemented yet like lesbian and group sex) and then change how the profile is displayed in girl details screen.

http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=883.0
 My code is in the 2 attached .zips in that thread (don't forget the second one for some bug fixes) if you want to have a look.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2011, 06:58:21 AM »
>Just a question : You've removed the picture category beasts. Don't you like them or are the implemented in another category?

I have no interest in bestiality or tentacle sex. I was worried that this would be the biggest problem with EX, since I took it out, but you're the first and only person to mention it so far.
Just a little suggestion: caught beasts may help girls guard the brothel with properly beastmaster.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2011, 07:03:25 AM »
Mine and Anon's versions both have it.
You need to modify the regular (old-style non-lua) scripting functions to detect what interaction happened (although you'll probably have to display a random sex image for those not properly implemented yet like lesbian and group sex) and then change how the profile is displayed in girl details screen.

http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=883.0
 My code is in the 2 attached .zips in that thread (don't forget the second one for some bug fixes) if you want to have a look.

Thanks. A straight conversion didn't work, either because I missed a line when I diff checked or because I've broken the compatibility with my changes. Today is supposed to be update day, so it'll have to wait for next week. Thank you very much for leaving specific documentation of those changes - that sort of change was beyond my skill level.

Offline compuscribe

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2011, 09:11:57 AM »
That came off as condescending.

That was not my intention, and  I'm sorry if that's how it came across.

In  my defense, however, your post came off as rather dismissive, when I was pointing out a potentially game-breaking problem. Yes, I may not have fully understood how the various girl packs work, but there's still a valid issue there that wasn't even mentioned, which made it seem  like it was being waved off as completely irrelevant. When I feel like people are ignoring potentially catastrophic problems (and I think we can all agree that an issue requiring you to kill a program from the OS is certainly catastrophic), I tend to default to repeating the explanation in the simplest terms possible, to make sure the point gets through, because I feel it's important enough, and (especially on a message board) I may not necessarily be available to answer questions to clarify the issue, later. I even offered a suggestion on what I suspect is causing the problem, to make it easier to track down, for the same reasons: I felt it was important enough to ensure it wasn't simply swept aside, and I didn't know if I'd be available to clarify the issue, later. Sorry if I, perhaps, took that a little too far.

compuscribe, how is your file structure? I think I had the same thing when I first installed the game with all the girl packs. I told winrar to extract to individual folders, and then cut/paste them into the right directory. However, when I went to the slavemarket (and it didn't crash) all I got was the UI with no text and no girls.

That's exactly what happens when you try to run the game without any girl packs, at all (and, to be fair, that's probably how it should work, in that case). I put the Bunny Girl pack in, however, and it started hanging up, to the point where I needed to get the OS to kill the game, because it just kept telling me it was busy and never actually got to the slave market screen. The behavior changed, so clearly adding the pack did something, even if it wasn't a desirable something. It's not that the girl had been put in a place where the game couldn't find her. She was actually causing the game to break down. When I added a few more girls (thinking maybe the game needed a few options to choose from, before it would function), it worked with the China Dress girl and Kirin. The natural assumption was that some of the packs weren't working correctly.

The assumption proved incorrect, but it's still a valid issue, albeit for completely different reasons.