Author Topic: LS' Item pack  (Read 41752 times)

Offline Zuul

Re: LS' Item pack
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2010, 08:23:07 PM »
Well, tecnically they are in the game, but I think necno tuned the percentage of them occuring down to almost zero. Don't ask me why, my mind just tells me that I might have read that somewhere. Do not trust my mind!

Offline sgb

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2010, 01:04:32 AM »
If they're actually still turned on, the chance of it occuring must be less than 0.01% or something.  Frankly I think the game is better off without them anyway, I just didn't want to remove the disease cures if people have had it happen in their game.  As much as I appeciate the game thinking it's helping me by giving me an AIDS cure as a catacomb reward, I'd rather see something actually useful appear instead.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2010, 02:33:57 AM »
Let's see... checking the code, this is how a girl gets an STD. If her health is 10 or lower while whoring and she isn't using contraception, there's a 1% chance for each disease that she will catch it. So, there being 3 STDs, that's effectively a 3% chance per sex act.
Of course, what girl are you going to have whoring with 10 or lower health, not to mention no contraception? I guess that makes it almost impossible to get them. We should probably change that at some point, since logically you don't have to be unhealthy to catch an STD, and many forms of contraception actually wouldn't help either.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2010, 12:09:44 PM »
I doubt it.  Double-edged items COULD work, but the problem is the game balance is still off.  When you have essentially ultimated money, why use risky items when you can just buy good ones?  There's only so much we can do on the item front for balance as long as gold goes still goes to infinity after the first few months.  While it's a more interesting solution to drugs than I used (remove them because they're pointless), your plan for them isn't worthwhile at the moment as nobody would need to use such items.

Yeah, I think you just articulated some doubts I had. Personally I kept the old drugs around because the fact that they exist at all is kind of neat in a flavor/atmosphere sort of way, but it's true, gameplay-wise there's basically nothing going on there at the moment. They feel like placeholders.

If money was more valuable I definitely think it would be worth spending time and effort on items that cost something else than money, but at the moment, you're right, it's probably unnecessary.

Let's see... checking the code, this is how a girl gets an STD. If her health is 10 or lower while whoring and she isn't using contraception, there's a 1% chance for each disease that she will catch it. So, there being 3 STDs, that's effectively a 3% chance per sex act.
Of course, what girl are you going to have whoring with 10 or lower health, not to mention no contraception? I guess that makes it almost impossible to get them. We should probably change that at some point, since logically you don't have to be unhealthy to catch an STD, and many forms of contraception actually wouldn't help either.

The game could use more ways to hurt the player, so I completely support making STDs a bigger deal, through making them more common and possibly even more severe. Things are at their most interesting when problems arise, after all. If the 15-guys-a-week überwhore whose revenue supports your entire operation suddenly catches the clap, maybe you'll have to stop clicking "end turn" over and over again while the money rolls in. :D

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2010, 03:54:51 PM »
We should probably change that at some point, since logically you don't have to be unhealthy to catch an STD, and many forms of contraception actually wouldn't help either.

CoughHerpiescoughcough

Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2010, 04:09:44 AM »
Didn't they make a film about that?  Herpes, The Love Bug.

Changing the subject completely, I've just encountered the succubus milk in the item lists. I think the player needs to be able to set up dairy units so this valuable resource can be harvested. ;)

Of course, if we do that we'll probably get someone wanting to know what cows have to do with prostitution...

Offline LordShame

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2010, 07:55:32 AM »
Oh wow, I totally didn't take into account that the player is likely to employ his own succubi. I'm just little bit miffed at myself for overlooking that. :D

Let's just say they require a special diet in order to lactate, and that the food they need is exclusively available in hell; therefore, succubi stranded in the mortal realm are not likely to have commercially-significant amounts of the stuff.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2010, 10:55:10 AM »
Didn't they make a film about that?  Herpes, The Love Bug.

Of course, if we do that we'll probably get someone wanting to know what cows have to do with prostitution...

Still steaming about that guys post huh? Don't blame ya, but consider it dummy proofing your work. The more you add the more confused they'll get and won't play at all.

Or you could develop a "Whoremaster lite" for them in all of 5 minutes. Make an image viewer that says "You send your whores out" then when they view all the pics, have it say "you earn 1000 gold" Then they can spend that money unlocking new pictures. (This doesn't have to actually be implemented just have a random number in the gold section on the right that goes up and down. It will fool them easily)

Or better yet just give them a link to infranvue and some picture packs and tell them to stfu.

Oh wow, I totally didn't take into account that the player is likely to employ his own succubi. I'm just little bit miffed at myself for overlooking that. :D

Let's just say they require a special diet in order to lactate, and that the food they need is exclusively available in hell; therefore, succubi stranded in the mortal realm are not likely to have commercially-significant amounts of the stuff.

There goes my dreams of the Succubus Yogurt stand T.T
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2010, 03:15:06 PM »
Still steaming about that guys post huh?

Just grumbling really. What gets me is that it's  such a bizarre thing to say. I mean if he'd said "the whole crime aspect of the game never really worked for me and I wish you'd get rid of it" then fair enough. I still wouldn't agree, but it's a valid viewpoint. But to suggest that we shouldn't feature crime because the title doesn't mention it seems weird beyond words...

Anyway, enough about that :)

There goes my dreams of the Succubus Yogurt stand T.T

I dunno ... I reckon we could still do it. The succubus milk is too useful to generate directly, but we could make it a room and have it give bonuses to the whole building when operational. We could open the city's first erotic coffee shop :)

Offline Lorde

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2010, 03:30:07 PM »

I still wouldn't agree, but it's a valid viewpoint. But to suggest that we shouldn't feature crime because the title doesn't mention it seems weird beyond words...

Yeah, my initial reaction to his post was because he was beating on the straw man pretty hard. Well that and the whole less is more thing. Reek's of corporate shilling and dumbing things down.  2 things that get me seeing red.
But you are right. Enough with it. (aside: I did start a gang thread because of it.)

I dunno ... I reckon we could still do it. The succubus milk is too useful to generate directly, but we could make it a room and have it give bonuses to the whole building when operational. We could open the city's first erotic coffee shop :)

Sounds like Brothel Master Territory(I get that name right?) iirc. Where you can get boosts to your brothels from different groups of girls in said brothels. That's not a bad thing. Actually might be a very good thing. :D
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline LordShame

« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2010, 05:12:52 PM »

As long as you conveniently forget to tell your customers you're selling them demon tit juice. :P

Offline Lorde

« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2010, 05:22:34 PM »
As long as you conveniently forget to tell your customers you're selling them demon tit juice. :P

Depends, I'm sure people would gladly pay to drink this Demons tit juice. Hell some people drink goat urine for virility and are told before hand exactly what it is they are drinking.  :D
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline kniptik

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »
any nice Items Packs here?
compatible with recent WM version?  ::)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:31:06 PM by kniptik »

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2010, 03:54:22 PM »
All this talk of milking sounds like a new job that produces items rather than cash kinda like monster hunting currently.  One that checks for the Demon trait producing a special version of milk.

Is this a vision of manufacturing to come?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2010, 04:07:44 PM »
I do have plans in that direction :)

You can already find succubus milk in the item list. I had thought it would be fun to have a demon dairy where you could have demon-cow-girls.

Not sure if I'll get to it in this last development push, but if not, I'll probably do a mod later on. This is something I'd like to be able to do :)