devolution

Author Topic: Starship Inanna Episode 7 released!  (Read 34157 times)

Offline drmaddoc47

Starship Inanna Episode 7 released!
« on: March 01, 2015, 09:23:49 PM »

Starship Inanna Episode 7 is now available.  More information here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/24372885

---ORIGIAL POST---
Help support the game: https://www.patreon.com/drmaddoc47

What is Starship Inanna?
Starship Inanna is a visual novel game being developed by The Mad Doctors in the Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine. At it's core it is a Choose Your Own Adventure style story set in a sci-fi universe akin to Star Trek or Mass Effect.

You take on the role of a Commander of the Titan Empire, who has just been assigned as second in command under Captain Alexandra Zal. The crew of the ship is comprised of select races of the Empire which the player will be able to interact with and have relationships with (that means plenty of sex). As Commander you will be sent on missions to different planets where you will encounter new cultures and civilizations.  You will run across slavers, enemy races, omnipotent beings, and more.

How much is the game going to be?
The game will be available for free.

How long is the game?
The game is going to be under continuous development so there's no real way to tell how long it will be when it's finally done, but we have ideas for many episodes planned and each episode will be roughly an hour in length.

What platforms will the game be on?
The game is currently available for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux platforms.

In the game you'll currently find [m/f], [m/m] and [h/m].  There's a few different sex acts in the game and we're moving into harder territory now, but still pretty mainstream.

Downloads
http://starshipinanna.com/Download.html

Feedback is appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 02:30:58 AM by drmaddoc47 »

Offline DarkTl

Re: Project Starship Character Art Test 1
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 10:34:43 AM »
Well, I like the cat girl more now  :)
If you want her to be more exotic, there are things like sharp claws or vertical pupils that become wider in darkness. But no more fur please.

Offline TitanSon

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 04:19:32 PM »
The mentioned eyes would be a great idea in my opinion, too. And yes the fur have to be gone xD. Otherwise looking forward to the first playin impressions ... good luck with the development =)

Offline drmaddoc47

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 07:07:22 PM »
Appreciate the feedback  :)

Offline drmaddoc47

Re: Project: Starship
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 06:18:22 PM »

After some great feedback I've wiped the patreon clean mostly, started from scratch, changed the goals and the pledge tiers. Also I've included more info about the game and myself, and some small sample scenes on the main article (but you can find those below).  To visit the Patreon click here.

These images are reduced in size and quality so they could be posted to the Patreon directly as well.  In game they are full 1080p

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:21:12 PM by drmaddoc47 »

Offline drmaddoc47

Re: Project: Starship - v0.33 released
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 06:39:27 PM »
v0.33 released

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 04:59:02 AM »
Awesome. Very well done, though very short too, unfortunately  :)

Offline drmaddoc47

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 07:16:48 AM »
Awesome. Very well done, though very short too, unfortunately  :)

Thank you.  It's only Act 1 of Episode 1, and each episode is going to be like TV Episode length.  There's plenty more to come :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 07:53:43 AM »
Well done! Extra points for using Ren'Py!

I am going to play this properly when I get a chance...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Randomfish

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 10:54:32 PM »
I'm having a problem with this game.

When I try to run it, I get an error message. "The program can't start because iconv.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I tried downloading it, and putting it in the game's folder. But then I got this. “The procedure entry point libiconv_set_relocation_prefix could not be located in the dynamic link library iconv.dll.”

Help?

Offline drmaddoc47

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 01:05:59 PM »
I'm having a problem with this game.

When I try to run it, I get an error message. "The program can't start because iconv.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I tried downloading it, and putting it in the game's folder. But then I got this. “The procedure entry point libiconv_set_relocation_prefix could not be located in the dynamic link library iconv.dll.”

Help?

iconv.dll is not in the game at all as far as I can tell, it's not in my dev build, in renpy, or any other version of the game I have.  In fact the only place I have found it on my computer at all is in the files for Torchlight II on steam and google is not much help finding other renpy games with the problem.  You may want to check up on viruses and malware just in case.

---update---
If you could PM me your system information (OS version, etc.) I will try to help out.  The file is part of the renpy sdk but it should not be affecting your game at all.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 01:30:22 PM by drmaddoc47 »

Offline drmaddoc47

Re: Starship Inanna v0.66.1 released!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 07:43:37 AM »
Been a long time, through a lot of real life drama and quite a few rewrites we've finally released v0.66.  download here:http://starshipinanna.com/Download.html
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:50:51 PM by drmaddoc47 »

Offline drmaddoc47

Re: Starship Inanna v1.0 released! On to Episode 2!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 11:18:33 AM »
version 1.0 now available

starshipinanna.com

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 12:55:45 PM »
Awesome art and story.

Offline drmaddoc47

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 07:27:31 AM »
Thank you.  Also, a side note, for the one year anniversary we've released a picture book featuring the whole main crew for free: http://starshipinanna.com/downloads/Year_One.pdf