Author Topic: Refusing to work  (Read 12021 times)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Refusing to work
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 12:24:02 PM »
I didn't specifically test to see if anything exacerbated the problem, I was primarily concerned with finding things which alleviate the problem.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Alugere

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 03:25:53 PM »
Alright, I was playing with the new 1.29 hotfix and thought of something:

I have 4 girls to start with, all with a rebelliousness between -20 to -5 and they all refuse more than half the time. Add to that the fact that they are slaves means something weird is going on. I could understand free people refusing to work, but where's the logic in slaves refusing to work? Isn't the point of having slaves that they can't refuse? Especially when the girl who refuses the most has the trait 'Nymphomaniac'.

Offline ker

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 03:54:33 PM »
Been getting extremely high refusal rates with the new hotfix as well, upwards of 75%

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 04:46:13 PM »
Yeah the it still needs work, I don't think rebellion explicitly is factored in though.

Offline Draka

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 10:32:26 PM »
Any ETA on when the girls refusing to work thing might be fixed? it's discouraging to have very low rebelliousness -slaves- refusing to work ever again... game breaking, I would say.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 04:57:32 AM »
Should be next release. If not, I'll look at getting a hotfix out based on that.

Can't really do it now, because the tree is somewhat in flux, but once we have a stable point work from...

Offline Draka

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 10:57:22 PM »
Alright.. sounds good. I was just wondering. Other then that, enjoying the game.  ;D

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2009, 12:35:28 PM »
noted that girls only refuse to work when their skills are low, i.e. if they do not enjoy their "work", correlate that with the other factors pls.
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 10:23:01 PM »
It's strange: when I ran my test of trained vs untrained girls, no girls in either set ever refused to work a single day in the year I ran the simulations for.  All had rebellion in the 5-15 range.  This would be against the idea that skill plays a factor.  It almost seems like there is a weird sign error that crops up around -40, where it acts like the girl has a rebellion of +40.  It'll be nice to have the mess fixed, though, whatever the exact cause is.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."