Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3778717 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
General Discussion
« on: December 28, 2012, 06:29:26 AM »
We still need writers, graphics and game designers so if you want to dedicate some of your time into development of this project, feel free to post here or PM me!

Anyway, some development snapshots:

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 07:15:30 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Re: Writers needed!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 06:55:35 AM »
Sadly, I'm extremely bad with writing as well as almost any another art. I couldn't even make a decent, good looking house when I tried to play Sims long ago  :D

But if you need help with pics and packs (searching, not drawing), count me in.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 07:30:51 AM »
Sadly, I'm extremely bad with writing as well as almost any another art. I couldn't even make a decent, good looking house when I tried to play Sims long ago  :D

But if you need help with pics and packs (searching, not drawing), count me in.

Haha, I have exactly the same problem, it would take me about the same time to code a bridge between girls and battle engine to transfer and set magic spells as writing 10 mediocre interactions :(

Well, if you want to help, this is what needs to be done:

1) I will need 5 - 10 new girls soon for meeting girls in town scenarios. I want to handle them same as SimBr 1x, you meet them, talk to them and interact until disposition is high enough to ask them to work for you. Mass producing packs is far to soon at this point (Stats could be changed and castes/locations added) but I will need a small amount for development purposes.

2) Pictures for items and maybe 6 new items for combat. I found some nice pics for brothel upgrades but couldn't find anything for advertisement and didn't try to find anything for items. It would be nice if each of 6 pieces of apparel and 6 items had an Anime/Game type picture coming with them.

3) Someone could design or borrow from another game 15 - 20 traits. I would prefer quality over quantity, traits can have any effect on the game like raising max for stats, effecting Jobs, Costumers and interactions. The more interesting they are the better but I guess that requires a degree of artistic creativity as well :(

In any case, this is a lot of work as it is already...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 10:37:18 AM »
Alright, I've managed to extract images from my favorite Kamidori Alchemy Meister's resources. There're all sorts of pictures: weapons, skills, furniture, ingredients, enemy and ally units, etc. Almost 4000 pictures totally.

Sorry about bones picture. I wish we have spoiler tag here.

I'll upload them somewhere if you want to use them.

However, most of them have alpha channels. For instance, scythe actually looks like
If you unable to work with alpha channels (or your game doesn't support it), I can remove them (but it'll take some time to modify so many pics).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:58:29 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 11:09:54 AM »
First release will only have 6 dresses, 6 items and maybe 2 each of weapons/armor and 2 potions so we don't actually need so many pics.

Enemies could be very useful, hopefully not all of those are so dark and ugly... allies will be drawn from girl's list.

Alpha masks are supported but I've never used those before, might be fun figuring it out.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 11:43:58 AM »
Of course, there're cute enemies as well. But you don't expect to meet only naked girls in Dark Deep Dungeon of Undead  :)

All enemies are here.
Here some weapons, potions and accessorizes. Game mechanics mostly doesn't use armor, I'll look for it somewhere else.

And I'm not sure what do you mean by advertisement pictures. Girls give brothel's leaflets to people on streets?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:49:56 AM by DarkTl »

Offline GonDra

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 12:21:18 PM »
If you can give me examples (aka a dummy Trait or two) I will try my hand at it.
I have mostly forgotten how SimBr 1x was and played so I will look that up later, before thinking about meeting scripts - also do you already have a collection of pictures for your girls, if so it would help to have a list of names and (if you want them to act accordingly) the series/manga.

I won't promise anything, but it will try to write something.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 12:37:12 PM »
Of course, there're cute enemies as well. But you don't expect to meet only naked girls in Dark Deep Dungeon of Undead  :)

All enemies are here.
Here some weapons, potions and accessorizes. Game mechanics mostly doesn't use armor, I'll look for it somewhere else.

Ok, couple of decent enemies there! Also I think there is a form of white energy effect that could be useful as extra spell.

And I'm not sure what do you mean by advertisement pictures. Girls give brothel's leaflets to people on streets?

LoL

That would be hard to find :) Maybe some just some nice looking girls talking to the crowd or giving out any sort of leaflets. I tried but gave up on it...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:38:45 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 12:47:08 PM »
I could really use a couple of people to help me out with texts for PyTFall. If you don't like writing but like hunting for pics and/or making packs, some help is needed in those areas as well.

Let me know if you're interested.

Hey, I know I kinda bailed on you before, but RL interfered in the form of finals and family.  I apologize for my sudden exit, but, if you want, I can help you with writing.  I'm not the best writer, but I'm not the worst either.  So, I'd be interested.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 12:57:23 PM »
Maybe some just some nice looking girls talking to the crowd or giving out any sort of leaflets. I tried but gave up on it...
I'll do my best.

Btw, it seems that Alchemy Meister uses mpeg files in combat, like this one. If you can and want to use them too, I'll upload 'em.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 01:12:41 PM »
If you can give me examples (aka a dummy Trait or two) I will try my hand at it.

Well, traits are non-existent in the game right now so there are no dummies. There are two approaches we could try:

There was already someone who tried to make a list for PyTFall on SimBro forums but he disappeared somewhere... This was my post to him:

#####################################
Design or borrow from the original (or both) around 10 - 15 (or any amount) traits and write them down for me. Should be in following format:

1) Name of a trait
2) Description of a trait
3) Stats level Max/Min penalty or increase
4) Active Effect during jobs
5) Special effects
6) Conditions to acquire.

Let me clarify a little bit:
1) Name of the trait is what the trait is called, it will appear on the screen like Abilities in original SimBrothel.
2) Description will describe a trait when you hover with your mouse over it.
3) Stat level cap penalty or increase. This will modify maximum value of a stat (for example) 'Blowjob Addict' may raise stat cap of Blowjob to 150 instead of 100, Trait like Noble might raise Refinement by 20, Refinement Max by 20 and set Minimum refinement a girl could have to 30.
4) Active effects are the things that happen as girls preform jobs. For example 'Cute' trait might increase costumer satisfaction and give a random 30% chance to increase Charisma by +1 every day or something along those lines or 'Blowjob Addict' trait will make girl ask costumers if they want a blowjob even if they came for 'Normalsex' and have a 50/50% chance of Blowjob stat increase each day.
5) Special effects is too broad but if you can think of something, put that into writing. These are things like special conversations or interactions if you met girl with this trait in town or special behavior during jobs like refusing one type of act but asking if costumer prefers another.
6) Conditions to acquire. How can a girl get this trait if she did not have it from the beginning? This is also very broad, this can be you having a specific amount of conversations with the girl or a certain amount of interactions or during preforming jobs as a random chance or spending a fixed amount of days in a certain school or even better random chance that increases with every day that girl spends in school...
#################################

Even if it takes longer than simply borrowing Alkion's traits system, I want to write separate functions for each trait to make them meaningful and less generic.

I've ripped apart original SimBrothel and these are traits used in it (Does not mean that we actually have to use these obviously):

"Splendid Body";
"Big breast";
"Rest";
"Smart";
"Strong";
"Shy";
"Lolita";
"Artist";
"Maid";
"Happiness";
"Lucky";
"Tough";
"Nymphomaniac";
"Obedient";
"Sex Addict";
"Experience";
"Good Health";
"Exhibitionnist";
"Famous";
"Tips";
"Noble";
"Excellent Reputation";
"Cat Girl";

I have mostly forgotten how SimBr 1x was and played so I will look that up later, before thinking about meeting scripts - also do you already have a collection of pictures for your girls, if so it would help to have a list of names and (if you want them to act accordingly) the series/manga.

No list yet but we are talking about generic texts right now, modders can take care of individual events for girls later if they want to. My concern right now are texts for when you meet girls in town and have to interact with them in different ways to increase their disposition for you. Same as with SimBro 1x but with nicer graphics. Also in SimBro many responses are based on girl's traits, that is also something to consider.

Last thing are interactions with girls that you already own.

In any case, if you want to try a hand at something, tell me and I will explain what needs to be done in more detail.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 01:17:02 PM »
Hey, I know I kinda bailed on you before, but RL interfered in the form of finals and family.  I apologize for my sudden exit, but, if you want, I can help you with writing.  I'm not the best writer, but I'm not the worst either.  So, I'd be interested.

Great! Well, first thing: Download the current version of PytFall and read the script in Tifa's folder, see if you have any questions and how much of it do you understand?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 02:59:38 PM »
I've found a couple of more or less "advertising" pics. It's been a long time, so I don't remember all those great sites I've used before. If I'll find them again, there will be more.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 03:11:27 PM »
I've found a couple of more or less "advertising" pics. It's been a long time, so I don't remember all those great sites I've used before. If I'll find them again, there will be more.

Awesome pic for hiring girls to advertise advertising!

Well, if you can find pics like some lord entering in a building, billboard and so on, game already will look that much better, plus we can also remove advertising forms with no pictures and replace those with something we can find pictures for.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 05:29:08 PM »
Now that's a bit difficult. I'll see what I can do.
Take a look at this in the meantime, perhaps you'll find something useful.