devolution

Author Topic: Other Games Thread  (Read 412972 times)

Offline NuMysterio

Other Games Thread
« on: December 04, 2009, 12:46:24 PM »
General thread to talk about other sex games.  Feel free to post links and discuss changes.

I guess I'll start with HentaiHighSchool. 

Game - http://rs98.rapidshare.com/files/242812181/HentHighschool.zip
Fixed EXE - http://www.mediafire.com/file/zk4u3mnmynx/HHS_1.0.0.1_exe.zip - Repairs Save bug
Fixed EXE 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/lbynmxmzw5z/HHS_1.0.0.2_exe.zip - Fixes minor, but annoying, game bugs

To get the good stuff is sickingly difficult, though not impossible.  I do have an idea of how to fix that.  At the end of every school year, you lose a couple points of reputation and something like 5 points of joy (could be wrong on that).  Joy isn't an issue, easy enough to recover, but reputation is VERY hard to gain, and losing those two points every game year hurts.  Simple fix, remove the reputation loss and the game becomes MUCH easier.

Secondly, Yellow orbs (related to behavior) are VERY rare and difficult to come by.  I'd like to see them be easier to get, and more useful as there is little they actually do.  I think the best way to get them would be through the "class in chaos" event that comes up early on with most schools.  Actually, I'd like to see more orb generating events, either using the current batch or adding a few, during the walking events.  It would make the currently meaningless events less meaningless.

The other issue is the Art, Theater and House Work classes.  What's the point?  I know the first two are Joy classes, but the third one seems out of place and under used.  Also, there's Geography, which I've never used but probably should be attached to one of the English teachers.

The biggest change I'd like to see is the structure of how you get the different sex classes and clubs.  As it stands now you have to get the sex classes to get access to the sex clubs.  At the same time you can invest in something called "school sex" which raises the maximum amount of sex the school can have.  Yet this leads to nothing except raising the levels without accessing anything new.  Meanwhile the classes will automatically raise the sex level anyway, so why bother with them?  I think it would be best to divide up the classes and clubs and create what ends up a three prong method of beating the game.

1)  Classwork.  This makes the sex work basically official.

2)  Clubs. Using the School Sex level as a base, eventually it opens up the sex clubs.

3)  Outside influence.  Catgirls, tenticals and the sex machine.

This gives three clear methods of completing the game while giving plenty of leeway.

That's about it, honestly.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:15:43 AM by NuMysterio »

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
Re: Other Games Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 01:27:32 PM »
Winter break I'm planning to remake hhh, and change things up mainly to fix the things you said.  Currently I am in the planning stages of this to port it to another language, just because the source is a PITA to work with.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 03:04:40 PM »
Another programming language or from english to something else.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 03:08:26 PM »
Another programming language, though I will try to make it easy to translate into other languages.

Offline Savagefrog

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 07:33:57 PM »
Hentai Highschool is a fun game an there is alot of room to improve it, I will look forward to seeing it get revamped.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 07:51:20 PM »
Is there an archive of the thread on funnygames, I think that was what the site was called, because there was a few suggestions in that thread I want to try to implement. 

Also, I plan to make the source available from the get go just so others can work on it.  Of course I will run it by you guys first for beta testing, Don't expect it for a while since I am starting from scratch.  Blame it on the state of the code that was posted in off topic thread, way to dissorganized and no comments, and I've said this before I want the game to be more portable and C# code does not port well to OSX or Linux.  I have started working on it but it is not very far along.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 01:51:12 AM »
I must admit, I never even got as far as looking at the code.

Offline fox679

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 04:47:51 AM »
Well how should  i start 8)

As you know HentHighschool is a game where the goal is to corrupt the school in many ways.
The game is good and need some extension better graphics more buildings ect......................
You can understand the game and better if you don't cheat the color system is easy if you understand or write down.
The art,theater,housework , obedience all are covert sex class and do not hurt the reputation scoolsex1/5 is the least expensive and destructive way of get past the limit.Reputation is not hard to get instead its easy just do not use too much intendo at start and start with a decent school rules for a while you have got 15 years!!!
the outside interference options are all fetish some people don't like it

for the color system at class little help and NOT ALWAYS TRUE!!!!!!!!!! : if you have yellow in the two different color and use the yellow mostly you can get authority+1
if you have green in the two different color and use the green mostly you can get joy+1
if you have blue in the two different color and use the blue mostly you can get  pedagogy+1
if you have white in the two different color and use the white mostly you can get nothing or some negative stuff sometimes its lot better than the other
if you have red in the two different color and use the red mostly you can get sex+1 for your teacher or students or both
sorry for the bad english

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 05:06:59 AM by fox679 »

Offline Alugere

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 02:49:52 PM »
\for the color system at class little help and NOT ALWAYS TRUE!!!!!!!!!! : if you have yellow in the two different color and use the yellow mostly you can get authority+1
if you have green in the two different color and use the green mostly you can get joy+1
if you have blue in the two different color and use the blue mostly you can get  pedagogy+1
if you have white in the two different color and use the white mostly you can get nothing or some negative stuff sometimes its lot better than the other
if you have red in the two different color and use the red mostly you can get sex+1 for your teacher or students or both
sorry for the bad english
I'm not sure why you think that both colors affect the people at the same time. When the color option comes up for a class it uses the one color of the two that you click on.
Blue has an affect on academic (Science, math, english, etc) classes
Green has an affect on elective classes (Sports, art, theatre, etc)
White has an affect on morality related classes at the begining (Moral and obedience classes) and if your school has a high morality it can affect all classes.
Red has a higher chance to work at higher school sex levels and specializes on sex classes.
Yellow works with every class.
Using no color has no effect.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 03:42:49 PM »
I found that blue works best with science, economy, and math (not much effect in other classes).
Green works best in sports, theater, and one or two of the sex classes, I forget which though.
White works best in morality and hurts almost everything else.
Yellow has small effects in all of the non-sex classes, sometimes positive, sometimes negative, but you never get anything cool from it.  It's very bad in sex classes.
Red works best in sex classes, second best in sports, theater, and science.

Geography, English, arts, housework, Japanese, history, and obedience don't seem to have any favored colors, though some colors work are very bad in combo with them.

Later on in the game, when the related stat gets to ~70-80, you can get orbs by pairing the classes with their favored color(s). Eg: when knowledge is high, picking blue on a science class will give you a blue orb.  This is why it sucks so bad that there isn't a class that matches with yellow (though one might think obedience would be the class, but it isn't) - this is the main source of orbs. 

Clubs will also give you orbs, depending on which ones are open and what the school's stats are, but it is unreliable.  Typically clubs give you tons of green to start and tons of red once you open the sex clubs.  Sex clubs will tank your reputation; I've been able (with great care) to maintain a stable rep with one sex club open.  You can still survive with two open if your rep was high to start with, but I've never made it to the end with 3 open.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline fox679

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 05:27:44 PM »
I'm not sure why you think that both colors affect the people at the same time. When the color option comes up for a class it uses the one color of the two that you click on.
Blue has an affect on academic (Science, math, english, etc) classes
Green has an affect on elective classes (Sports, art, theatre, etc)
White has an affect on morality related classes at the begining (Moral and obedience classes) and if your school has a high morality it can affect all classes.
Red has a higher chance to work at higher school sex levels and specializes on sex classes.
Yellow works with every class.
Using no color has no effect.

both colors are affect the classes and the color what you choose is dominant what i wrote down was gust a little bit help the full manual for the color system i have can spoil the  game .

Offline Alugere

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »
I've never noticed the secondary color to have any effect at all.

Offline fox679

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 06:07:47 PM »
I've never noticed the secondary color to have any effect at all.
example>sciences:yww authority-1, bww nothing

mostly at negative effects
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 07:16:43 PM by fox679 »

Offline Alugere

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 06:58:38 PM »
jww?
Also, some affects only come into play depending on whether or not the teacher was successful at teaching.

Offline fox679

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 07:16:09 PM »
jww?
Also, some affects only come into play depending on whether or not the teacher was successful at teaching.
yellow white white
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 07:18:54 PM by fox679 »