Author Topic: Girl Pack Suggestions: Balanced Girls  (Read 4202 times)

Offline s1n

Girl Pack Suggestions: Balanced Girls
« on: February 26, 2011, 11:35:11 PM »
Hey guys, I'm looking for suggestions on girl packs. I'm using the newest version unmodified. I really like the balance of the girls traits and its very stable with less crashing.

I downloaded Moon's 400mb pack before, and I copy and pasted the Character Folders along with the .girlx, rgirlsx files into the unmodified version but it messes up the balance ALOT. Some girls will have like 0 traits and then some will have 10 traits with like 3 drug addictions. It seems really random. Also there seems to be more crashing.

What girl packs are you guys using, that has more balance? And has not caused more crashes.

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
Re: Girl Pack Suggestions: Balanced Girls
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 07:26:23 PM »
Moonchaos' pack was intended to be used with an older version of the game, not sure if that's what's causing your issues or not, but it could even be something as simple as 1 or 2 corrupted pics. The balance of the girls relies mostly on the person who added them, I believe a lot of his girls were added by others in a forum that was around before I knew of the game's existance. Girl traits along with the original stats has a huge impact on the stats they have to start with. I've tried to think of ways to suggest to balance this, but I don't know crap about coding, but what I do know about mathematical probability makes it seem like a hard thing to accomplish easily. I think it was Doc who mentioned the possibility of adding an option to dial down stats for girls at one point, which may be the easier way to control this...but if you go up, higher girls will hit 100 looks too easy and vice versa.

Knowing how much each trait affects a girl's starting looks would help us who add girl packs, but would also add a lot more work to balance them..and probably be used very little considering most people hit random then only adjust the age anyway.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:35:43 PM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
Re: Girl Pack Suggestions: Balanced Girls
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 07:40:41 PM »
I should also mention that I add w/e girl pack I feel like at the time, and I always open the girlsx/rgirlsx file and occaissionally adjust it before using it. Asking what packs people are using won't help you much. The editor offerred is easy to use and very helpful; I think there's an explanation on using it somewhere, I didn't even need a manual, it's that easy. I forget who added the current editor, my apologies to that person.

Edit:The only crashes I get now are the well known quitting crashes, which doesn't cause any problems as long as you saved. The current autosave causes more problems than it solves, don't rely on it; hitting save every time you hit the main screen is a small price to pay to reduce problems until you solve the others. Run your girlsx/rgirlsx files through the editor before adding them and save, even if you don't alter them, if something happened from the file being zipped it'll be corrected. Only takes a second to delete the .BAK file. Pay attention, if crashes happen on a certain girl, make sure all her pics are .jpg/.jpeg. I've come across pics that were renamed as the file type, but the file wasn't actually changed and cause problems for me. One of such cases is mentioned in my first post on this forum. IrfanView will catch these. Every girl that has caused me a crash problem, running her pics through this has caught a lot of improperly named files. Also, if no alert shows up, just resaving and if it doesn't replace, delete the old file.

As I said before, I no longer have crashes except when quitting. It's a lot of work to start off, but now I have no worries when I play except when I add a girl without checking every pick to see if it's merely been renamed without actually changing the file type.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:12:50 PM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.