devolution

Author Topic: job planner  (Read 8631 times)

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
job planner
« on: January 10, 2010, 04:25:53 PM »
This is an idea I have been tossing around in my head for a few days.  I just want some opinions on it. 

The basic idea is that instead of asigning a girl a job and have her do that job over and over until you change it or if you have a matron she takes them off the job, you plan out a three month job plan for for the girls.  Each girl could have thier own plan or they could default to a general one.

An example would look like this
Code: [Select]
week 1
day-freetime
night-whore brothel

week 2
day-freetime
night-whore brothel

week 3
day-freetime
night-whore brothel

week 4
day-freetime
night-whore brothel

week 5
day-work bar
night-freetime

week 6
day-freetime
night-whore brothel

week 7
day-freetime
night-work bar

week 8
day-freetime
night-work bar

week 9
day-freetime
night-work bar

week 10
day-freetime
night-work bar

week 11
day-freetime
night-work bar

week 12
day-freetime
night-work bar
This would be better formatted in the game and could use the new jobs in the game.  For the films which take a few days the next few days would be take up automatically.

A few things still need to be worked out but thats the basic idea.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: job planner
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 05:30:19 PM »
Looks good. This is something where a true table widget would be handy, just to compress the information a bit. Colour coding the cells would be handy, too, so we could have colours for freetime, whoring, study, service jobs - just so you could get an at-a-glance feel for what was going on.

Another option would be to reduce the time span, say to six weeks, but do one (or two) lines per girl in a brothel in a scroller. Mybe we could catch clicks on table cells and bring up a drop down menu with the possible job options.

OK, that's maybe getting over-complicated. But you're definitely on the right lines. We're going to need some better way of managing job assignments, once all these new jobs go live.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 10:23:19 PM »
How about something like this:
Schedule
ShiftSundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
AWhoreWaitressBartenderDancerSingerCookFree time
BWaitressBartenderDancerSingerCookFree timeWhore
CBartenderDancerSingerCookFree timeWhoreWaitress
DDancerSingerCookFree timeWhoreWaitressBartender
ESingerCookFree timeWhoreWaitressBartenderDancer
FCookFree timeWhoreWaitressBartenderDancerSinger
GFree timeWhoreWaitressBartenderDancerSingerCook

essentially, you create schedules that would ensure each required roll would be filled on each day, and then assign girls to schedules.  This example is an oversimplification, in that you wouldn't require equal numbers of girls working each of these jobs, but it gets the point across.  This would also work if you decided to go with weeks instead of days, I chose days because that is how real-world scheduling tends to be done.

This might represent too much micromanagement for some, though, so if this gets implemented, there should be an auto-scheduler that will load-balance the girls and jobs required (perhaps as part of the function of the matron - higher skilled matrons would be more likely to schedule efficiently).
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 03:48:14 PM »
This feels like... Princess Maker.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

exodia91

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 04:13:33 PM »
Indeed.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 07:55:03 PM »
Certainly not a bad thing to be similar to Princess Maker. Those games are really fun.

I like the idea Delta. The game definitely needs a new way to manage things.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 09:02:18 PM »
Like princess maker in a good or bad way. :)

Offline Archfiend

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 11:02:52 PM »
How about something like this:
Schedule
ShiftSundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
AWhoreWaitressBartenderDancerSingerCookFree time
BWaitressBartenderDancerSingerCookFree timeWhore
CBartenderDancerSingerCookFree timeWhoreWaitress
DDancerSingerCookFree timeWhoreWaitressBartender
ESingerCookFree timeWhoreWaitressBartenderDancer
FCookFree timeWhoreWaitressBartenderDancerSinger
GFree timeWhoreWaitressBartenderDancerSingerCook

essentially, you create schedules that would ensure each required roll would be filled on each day, and then assign girls to schedules.  This example is an oversimplification, in that you wouldn't require equal numbers of girls working each of these jobs, but it gets the point across.  This would also work if you decided to go with weeks instead of days, I chose days because that is how real-world scheduling tends to be done.

This might represent too much micromanagement for some, though, so if this gets implemented, there should be an auto-scheduler that will load-balance the girls and jobs required (perhaps as part of the function of the matron - higher skilled matrons would be more likely to schedule efficiently).

I've really been hoping for an idea just like this for a while. Would require a bit more time on the part of the player up front, but I think this sort of control would actually make managing easier (in some ways) and more interesting when you have more girls to manage.

Offline letmein

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 11:17:59 PM »
Good idea in principle, but when you imagine doing this for a hundred girls...   I'd say no.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 03:23:06 PM »
Good idea in principle, but when you imagine doing this for a hundred girls...   I'd say no.

That's why I want an auto-scheduler if this is going to be implemented at all.  I envision it working something like:
  • Matron estimates how many customers will show up for each offered service on each shift.
  • She calculates the number of girls needed to cover the customers, taking into account the relative skills of the girls.
  • She schedules girls to fill the number of slots each job requires each shift (scheduling time off as well to prevent burn out, if possible).
  • If there are leftover girls, she estimates the effect of putting some on advertising duty, and then schedules girls appropriately, until there are no more girls left to schedule.
  • The matron's skill will determine how accurate her estimates are (perhaps calculate the actual number of customers, then calculate her estimate based on her skill).
I could see that being a real bitch to code, though.  Anyone have any other ideas on how to handle it?
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 04:25:10 PM »
The other option of course, would be have a multi-selectable list of girls and set up a schedule template for a block of them at a time. So you'd only need to do maybe five or six schedules to do a hundred or so girls, and then some fine tuning following that.

The other thing that could be good would be to set up job profiles: say one for day shift whores, one for night shift whores, one for trainees, and so on. Then you could make your profiles as complex as you liked and just apply profiles to the girls - by the block if so desired.

But that's going to be a fair chunk of work, so no promises as to when.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 04:38:36 PM »
The system I proposed is almost exactly that: you set weekly shifts, and then assign girls to each shift (looking back at my example, you could put 10 girls on shift A, 8 on B, 5 on C, and so on).  I envision the ability to manually set each week's duties for each girl, in addition to the ability to assign a pre-set schedule.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 04:44:43 PM »
Ah, that makes a bit more sense then. I admit I didn't quite see the significance of the shift letters.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 05:03:06 PM »
Yeah, I have no interest in imposing a massively micromanage-y system on the game.  I like to micromanage when operations are small, but get beyond a certain size and I take a "Screw this!" point of view.

Offline layla0110

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »
I think a job planner for multiple weeks is needed. If you could set up shifts and then schedule for a month(four weeks) at a time then then the player (me) would not have to change the jobs so often.

A little of subject
Can you please put the girls tiredness on the girl management screen?