devolution

Author Topic: Google Wave  (Read 13677 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Google Wave
« on: July 08, 2010, 08:11:22 AM »
I've started a Google Wave to serve as a mix of todo list, design wiki and development blog. OK, mainly it's an excuse to play with Wave and see if it's worth using for anything.

OK, this could be useful. It's a bit of a carry on to get access, though:

• register for google wave
  • note the email address you are given by wave ([email protected])
  • PM me with that email asking to be added to the wave
  • I can then add you to the individual waves making up the discussion, and they'll show up in your inbox

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 06:48:47 AM by DocClox »

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 11:44:19 AM »
Sorry, I have not been as active as before, I was busy with school, a mental break, and the shin megami tensei games for the ds. Let me get on this thing and see what needs to be done, also look at the bug list as well.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 12:02:05 PM »
Let me get on this thing and see what needs to be done, also look at the bug list as well.

Hey man, glad to have you back :)

Feel free to post to the wave if you want. If you can't I'll see if I can figure out how to grant access to the thing.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 12:11:56 PM »
and the shin megami tensei games for the ds.

One thing I hate about the DS is that I never know what's coming out (or is out) for it. Definitely gonna have to take a look at these.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 12:44:24 PM »
I'm not seeing the wave created, so contact me at the address in my profile.

As for the ds cataloge, that is one thing gamefaqs is good for.

A few notes about the games. Devil survivor is a cross between the persona games and final fantasy tatics but with multiple endings. Strange journey is the successor to the first two megaten games, Shin Megami Tensei and Shin Megami Tensei 2 just the themes toned down slightly for the growing western audience of the games, so expect a first person dungeon crawl with multiple endings based on the alignment of the player.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 01:12:58 PM »
As for the ds cataloge, that is one thing gamefaqs is good for.

A few notes about the games. Devil survivor is a cross between the persona games and final fantasy tatics but with multiple endings. Strange journey is the successor to the first two megaten games, Shin Megami Tensei and Shin Megami Tensei 2 just the themes toned down slightly for the growing western audience of the games, so expect a first person dungeon crawl with multiple endings based on the alignment of the player.

Now, when you say toned down, I can't really fathom why they would. They already hit the 3 big nono buttons for western audiences pretty hard with persona 3 and 4. (Suicide, Homosexuality and Teen Sex.) Or is it that they are changing the name of some of the demons? Always wondered why the persona series never caught heat for being able to summon Lucifer of all things. Personally, I hope the series (both megaten and persona) keep flying under the radar. But from what you are saying, It sounds like they are trying to go mainstream and that could very well kill the series for me.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 01:19:20 PM »
Always wondered why the persona series never caught heat for being able to summon Lucifer of all things.

Reminds me of my favourite quote from Vertigo series.

"When learning to juggle, it is customary not to start with chainsaws"

Offline Lorde

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 01:43:53 PM »
Reminds me of my favourite quote from Vertigo series.

"When learning to juggle, it is customary not to start with chainsaws"

In all fairness, That's not even close to the worst thing you can summon in the game. Mara comes to mind. Which is a Sri Lankan temptation demon that looks like a giant penis.

So yes, the Megaten | Persona series lets you summon a Giant Penis in a wheel chair to do battle for you. It also breathes fire...
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 01:58:09 PM »
In the first two games, God was the main villian. As in the God of the Bible, YHVH, the almighty and he was evil in those two games. In the second game you could fight and beat him depending on the path you took. That what I was talking about.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 02:07:16 PM »
Ah ok makes sense now. One thing I always loved about this series was that it never seemed to pull punches. An Unbiased eastern microscope on western mythos.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline killjoy57us

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 06:19:55 PM »
Always wondered why the persona series never caught heat for being able to summon Lucifer of all things.

I think that had something to do with the Streisand Effect; Barbra Streisand sued to have pictures of her house removed from some gallery or another, but instead of keeping it out of the public eye, many thousands more people looked at it to see what the big deal was. Hence, in the digital age, more and more 'concerned parties' just shut up and leave well enough alone.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 12:48:57 AM »
In the first two games, God was the main villian. As in the God of the Bible, YHVH, the almighty and he was evil in those two games. In the second game you could fight and beat him depending on the path you took. That what I was talking about.
Yep, Persona on the PSone was heavily altered when it came to America. Persona 2 is actually two games. Innocent Sin and then Eternal Punishment.
Only Eternal Punishment was released since Innocent Sin had some "racy" material. Luckily there's a fan translation if anyone wants to play it. I haven't finished either. :x
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline ChaosKishin

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 01:38:26 AM »
Yep, Persona on the PSone was heavily altered when it came to America. Persona 2 is actually two games. Innocent Sin and then Eternal Punishment.
Only Eternal Punishment was released since Innocent Sin had some "racy" material. Luckily there's a fan translation if anyone wants to play it. I haven't finished either. :x

Actually Delta is talking about the first two games of the Shin Megami Tensei series, not the Persona series.  SMT is the main series and everything else (Persona, Devil Summoner, Nocturn, Digital Devil Saga, etc.) are spin offs.

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 01:40:31 AM »
what is considered "racy" by persona series and Atlus
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline ChaosKishin

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 01:42:55 AM »
what is considered "racy" by persona series and Atlus

The only thing I can remember off the top of my head is the the villains were trying to resurrect Hitler. There also might have been something about it being anti-religion, but I'm sure about that.

EDIT:
Apparently, there was a bit of Ho Yay as well.

NO export for you
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:47:30 AM by ChaosKishin »