Author Topic: Girl skill limitations  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Girl skill limitations
« on: July 08, 2010, 12:37:27 PM »
I'm not sure when/if I might actually get around to something like this, so I'll post it here.

I think girls should have limitations to the maximum they can raise a skill or stat to. Having all girls capable of getting 100 in pretty much everything is a bit boring. I think it would be better to have different limits for each girl, so some girls will be better at certain jobs than others.
The way to get this limit would be two ways. First off, the limit could be specified in the definition for each girl (in the girlsx/rgirlsx files). If not specified, the limit would be determined some other way. Perhaps something like 50 plus the starting value of that skill/stat? There's probably a better way to determine it, that's just off the top of my head.
One consideration would be whether skills and stats added by traits or items would be affected by the limit, or instead increase the limit by that much.

I think along with that it would be nice to have the increases in stats and skills from training or from doing work slow down as the value increases, with them gaining quickly at low levels but more slowly the closer it gets to the maximum value. In other words, similar to how gang training works now. Specified limits over 100 (in the girl definition) could probably even be used to make the girl gain quickly all the way up to 100 (not higher than that, though).

Of course, a shortcoming would be that you can't currently specify what types of sex acts each individual can do. That would probably be a good follow-up to be able to have girls focus on the kind of whoring they're best at.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
Re: Girl skill limitations
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 12:53:43 PM »
On thing I would like to see is that traits, base stats and random girl status decide the max of the stat instead of rasing the stat. Items should increase the stat not the stat max.

The formula I would use is
Code: [Select]

non random girl
stat_max=base_stat+some_constant+sum_of_trait_mods

random girl
stat_max=base_stat*some_other_constant+sum_of_trait_mods

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
I pretty much agree with all that.

About the only thing I'd add is that it might be nice to override the default stat value in the XML definitions, just so we could have girls with hidden talents. We can't add attributes to the stat fields because they are already attributes. but we could add a "talent" tag:

Code: [Select]
<Talent Stat="Health" max = "+20"/>
but I'm not entirely convinced it's worth the trouble, offhand.

Offline crazy

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 04:19:20 AM »
I like this ideal a lot having girls specialize in one or two skills only and allowing the player to set what types of sex each girl can do would make more sense.  Like you said having every girl with max skills is boring cause there all the same at that point.  I would also prefer if you made so girl makers could set what skills the girl could get to max.  But maybe set a limit so they could only max 1-2 skills so we have to think which ones they want to get to max rather then just set so they can all go to 100.  Also think this might help with game balance not sure on that but at least like this all girls wouldn't be able to do everything great.

Offline dalmedya

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 09:47:39 AM »

Offline sgb

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 07:57:10 PM »
Totally agreed on some sort of stat caps.  Not sure what sort of implementation would work out best here though.  I think the best compromise would be to have a default setting of base skill + X as the maximum, with the option for girlpack makers to set their own values.

This would also be an excellent way to rebalance some of the overpowered/pointless traits by reducing or even removing raw stat bonuses in favour of cap increases.  This would even improve the logic of how the traits work.  For example Lesbian could have the massive +40 stat bonus removed and instead have it increase the skill cap by +X.  Just because a girl 'swings that way' doesn't mean they're going to be any good at it initially.

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 08:59:09 PM »
We should also have Bisexual as a trait for the girls and yeah just because your tastes run one way instead of another doesn't mean you are good that way otherwise we would need something like the kama sutra to learn from.
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.