Author Topic: My Daughters...  (Read 10359 times)

Offline HuiBui

My Daughters...
« on: June 29, 2010, 11:57:06 AM »
I'm now testing the latest beta version , and it's great.

But what i'm still missing is a "my daughter.girlsx" file.

What about the longtime motivation of the game ?

Please Please Please! implementate a way that unique girls are having special daughters when they are gotten pregnant by the owner and it would be the best game i ever know.

In fact , generate own charakters (including the implementation of pics) is absolut fantastic.

Any chance?

Kind Regards ,
HuiBui
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 02:41:01 PM by HuiBui »

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
Re: My Daughters...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 02:09:34 PM »
I think that was brought up once. Your daughters having their own set of girl folder to pull from, (Uniques and randoms) it'd definitely add an interesting "gotta catch 'em all" vibe. I can dig it.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

exodia91

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 05:56:39 PM »
perhaps the scripting engine can have a on gives birth to girl the script fires and replaces the child with a custom one?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 04:26:52 AM »
That should be doable...

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 12:18:17 PM »
Dear Programmers and Coders..

It would be fantastic if you could realize the My daughter folders into the gamecode  with the ( hopefully) next coming update.

You've said that should be easy to implementate this.

Thanks for your help

ähm.... or have i to be at first the donator No.6  ;)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
The lua handler would be easy to do, once the whole of the scripting framework is in place. That's what I've been working on.

Donating is not going to get this done any faster. If it takes a while to get something done, it's because I've got a lot to do and not much time to do it in.

Basically it needs something like a <Daugter name="Flossy Anne"/> tag in the girl record, and another flag so the daughters don't show up except as a result of childbirth.

I'll have a quick look for you.

[edit]

I have this coded up, if somewhat buggy, but I'm not going to be able to finish it until delta finishes overhauling the way girls are handled in game.

Keep your fingers crossed and it may be in the next release.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:25:13 PM by DocClox »

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 01:02:51 AM »
sounds interesting. How's it going to work exactly?
Characters>Daughters ?
Or are they just going to be in the same folder?
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 01:36:52 AM »
Basically, the girlsx format gets a new, optional tag

Code: [Select]
<Girls>
 <Girl Name="Alice">
  <!-- stuff omitted -->
  <Daughter Name = "Betty" />
  <Daughter Name = "Carol" />
 </Girl>
 <!-- more stuff -->
</Girls>

This says that if Alice has any daughters then it will randomly pick from Betty and Carol for the first two. When the game runs out of named daughters, it will start using random girls again.

You can use random girls as daughter names, too:

Code: [Select]
  <Daughter Name = "Sexy Girl" />

Random girls don't get removed from the list once the daughter is born, so all this girls daughters will be sexy girls. You can mix unique and random names, too.

There's also a new Status value. Normally Status determines where a girl is found. So you get Status="Normal", Status="Slave", Status="Catacombs". So I've added Status="Daughter" to mean that a girl will not show up except as another girl's daughter. You don't need to do this, and if you don't then it's possible that a potential daughter will show up by other means. If that happens the daughter name is not used and the game looks to see what other names are in the mother's daughter list.

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 08:06:15 AM »
Hey DocClox, i've read your lat post for several times . But I'm afraid i didn't understand all.
May be the reason therefore is my bad english.

first of all a big thank you for doing something for (my daughters)  :)

Things i don't understand:

where can i find the new "daughter" tag. In the charakter editor ?

But my main question or amendment is :
You can never know which daughter is given birth by a mom...
My only wish was to get unique daughters but i dont want to know  which one . Is that possible with that coding ?
for my understanding your example coding says : First and second daughter of mom(x) has to be daughter(a) or (b) and than a random daughter.
If thats so i can't receive daughter(a) in a game when i don't get the mom(x) . Or when mom(x) dies before giving birth a second time.
And like "i think it was necno" said : Try to get them all , is one of the best long time motivation.

Personally i don't like to get random girl daughters with common pics and stats .

puhh that takes one hour ... hope you understand everything right.

HuiBui

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 11:59:05 AM »

where can i find the new "daughter" tag. In the character editor ?

I'll let doc explain everything else, but I don't think the code is implemented into a game build yet.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline SadPerson

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 05:39:23 PM »

Random girls don't get removed from the list once the daughter is born, so all this girls daughters will be sexy girls. You can mix unique and random names, too.

There's also a new Status value. Normally Status determines where a girl is found. So you get Status="Normal", Status="Slave", Status="Catacombs". So I've added Status="Daughter" to mean that a girl will not show up except as another girl's daughter. You don't need to do this, and if you don't then it's possible that a potential daughter will show up by other means. If that happens the daughter name is not used and the game looks to see what other names are in the mother's daughter list.

Maybe add a <Mother> tag in girlsx file ??
That way the game can look up the mother and could add the MILF trait or adjust the age so that the 17 year daughter doesn't have a 18 year old mother and some such.

Offline sgb

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 10:33:18 PM »
This one would be a really cool addition.  It would also help manage the large number of girls most people have by turning a chunk of them into daughters-only.

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 11:02:01 PM »
This one would be a really cool addition.  It would also help manage the large number of girls most people have by turning a chunk of them into daughters-only.
Definitely makes for unique girls that really ARE daughters of specific characters. None come to mind specifically but if there are that'd be really cool. I guess if you really wanted to make it interesting you could also go by series. Say Tenchi Muyo for instance, have a daughter with Ryoko and a girl from GXP will come out as the daughter. Lot of possibilities depending on how specific you can get of course. (Also depending on how easy it is to do)
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 12:05:35 AM »
Could also use the picture set from the unique girl and give them random girl stats. (based off the unique maybe)
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 10:43:48 AM »
first of all a big thank you for doing something for (my daughters)  :)

No problem :)

where can i find the new "daughter" tag. In the charakter editor ?

You can't, yet. The code is only in my development branch, and even there, I don't have support for it in the girls editor.

You can never know which daughter is given birth by a mom...
My only wish was to get unique daughters but i dont want to know  which one . Is that possible with that coding ?
for my understanding your example coding says : First and second daughter of mom(x) has to be daughter(a) or (b) and than a random daughter.

So you want a config file option so that all daughters will be drawn from the unique girl pool where possible, rather than from the random ones?