devolution

Author Topic: More brothel events and girl events. (and editer)  (Read 20970 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: More brothel events and girl events. (and editer)
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »
Then wouldn't it be a simple matter to change the code to randomly increase one stat instead of just agility?

Not too complex, certainly.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 01:19:08 AM »
Not too complex, certainly.
I hope you'll include this in another update, before you stop working on this project.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 04:50:19 AM »
So, just so I'm clear; every time the PC wins a fight with a girl, you'd like it to have a chance to buff a random stat?

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 05:50:57 PM »
So, just so I'm clear; every time the PC wins a fight with a girl, you'd like it to have a chance to buff a random stat?
Basically. I doubt you'd do more than that, but it's a great start.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2010, 06:12:23 PM »
sounds fair to me. Unless there were other events that added a stat.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 03:57:22 AM »
sounds fair to me. Unless there were other events that added a stat.

Nothing springs to mind. OK, I'll see what I can do.

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »
on that note, does handling the officials from the townhouse count towards intellect? does trekking to the catacombs boost your strength/stamina?
does shopping for beauty-boxes give you an idea on how to improve your own looks?

basically, specific actions that replace your actions with the girls with in a certain amount of actions you can do per day/week (after all actions take time and time is finite within the length of a week) simply put: find an arbitrary amount of actions you can do before the week ends something like 40 or 50. sems reasonable to take that amount, not too few but not so many that you can keep tweaking the performance of every girl you own.

I realize this will turn this game into a turnbased one in one aspect but it does have advantages too. you can always make it so they don't HAVE to do anything but can scoot to next week by hitting "end week".

all in all, having actions define the growth/decline of your stats only needs a suggestion on types that fall into the credible ones, i'm sure we are all interested in a good addition to the game and we can see merits in other person's suggestions, it's simply how we react to those suggestions that make it positive or negative:)
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 01:16:15 PM »
basically, specific actions that replace your actions with the girls with in a certain amount of actions you can do per day/week (after all actions take time and time is finite within the length of a week) simply put: find an arbitrary amount of actions you can do before the week ends something like 40 or 50. sems reasonable to take that amount, not too few but not so many that you can keep tweaking the performance of every girl you own.

Well, that's the thing, you see. I'm supposed to be winding down development on WM, at least until necno has a chance to take stock of where we are. So I've agreed to take care of my outstanding commitments and that's it. So basically, finish the Lua scripting; do the town wards code, and finish off the building management stuff.

So, aside from that, I'm not adding anything major to the game. I'll consider the odd one-liner here and there, but I'm sworn off the big stuff.

Admittedly, the Gladiatrix code seems to be dominating my dev time at the moment. Nevertheless ...