devolution

Author Topic: Kidnappings  (Read 5110 times)

Offline Hawke

Kidnappings
« on: December 17, 2010, 05:49:32 PM »
No, I'm not referring to the "kidnap off street" option for your gangs either.  The thought just occurred to me that, in addition to the "rape" events that can happen, perhaps girls with really high fame ratings (say, 85-90+) may have patrons attempt to kidnap them instead (or in addition too more reasonably).  This could be used to increase/decrease one's disposition by allowing gangs, or even adding it as a new job to assign to girls, to be assigned to "investigate" these kidnappings (success based on their intelligence/charisma scores).  If x time passes without assigning a group to investigate, a huge decrease would occur; a "maximum" time could also be specified to allow them to be assigned to investigate too with a decrease in disposition and suspicion resulting if they are unsuccessful when that time elapses.  Success would definitely cause an increase in "niceness" for the character, though not necessarily having an impact on suspicion.

Sounds like a lot of work to me :P given my limited knowledge of programming, I don't know if there's a simple way to accomplish that or not but...just a thought.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realized that The Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.

Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
Re: Kidnappings
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 08:43:58 PM »
I haven't taken a look at the code, but...

They should be able to handle it by placing code similar to running away, but with a chance in the event that fame gets high enough, instead of happiness low or enough or whatever. Then they could add in 'investigate' code similar to 'recapture' code. Then they could add in a few lines telling it that if you take too long, this or that could happen, and if you do it quickly enough, this or that could happen.

But honestly, it seems like it just punishes the player. And it adds in a whole new aspect that doesn't add to the game much.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline iamnuff

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 07:30:21 AM »
possible

but when you get to higher levels and all your girls have max fame you would have like 5 girls getting kidnapped everyday.

no. this is a bad idea

Offline ShadowMage

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 12:25:41 PM »
You could always add a script that regulates how many girls you would be able to kidnap at each level. The higher level the less girls you get to kidnap.

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 08:46:37 AM »
I like the idea of the more girls in your control as a penalty to getting new girls.  There can only be so much of the population that can/will work for you and the catacombs monsters get wiser.  I find it silly just how many shopkeepers are willing to sell their daughters.

Offline bren36

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 10:06:19 PM »
this could be an ok idea if rivals, including the player, could kidnap each others girls. If you have security and/or you gangs guard in you business you could stop them from taking your girls.

Offline Sharp-Claw

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 04:26:39 PM »
How about you can decide in which kind of enviroment you search for girls.
Like the docks, or shrines, and based on that they have different speacialities and attributes.