devolution

Author Topic: What happens when I choose...?  (Read 3242 times)

Offline bren36

What happens when I choose...?
« on: November 24, 2010, 08:34:20 PM »
I was asked what to do with a Rival asking for my help? any help in picking an answer? what happens if I "cast him to the street," Kill him in the dungeon," or " help him leave the city"?

I also had a customer that couldn't pay. What happens if I take his daughter, put him in the dungeon, or let him go? I put him in the dungeon but I didn't see the point.

What effects to my choices have?

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
Re: What happens when I choose...?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 03:26:55 AM »
I was asked what to do with a Rival asking for my help? any help in picking an answer? what happens if I "cast him to the street," Kill him in the dungeon," or " help him leave the city"?

I also had a customer that couldn't pay. What happens if I take his daughter, put him in the dungeon, or let him go? I put him in the dungeon but I didn't see the point.

What effects to my choices have?

If you cast him to the street, it's game over, because M. Night Shamalamadingdong says he's actually YOU!
If you kill him in the dungeon, however, because of the same reason, you summon Cthulu.
If you help him leave the city, then the world is a better place, and you lean a bit more toward the chaotic good path.

If you decide to take his daughter, you two marry, and she kills herself. If you put him in the dungeon, then cops come looking for him, and you die in a knife fight. If you let him go, then your customers like you a bit more, and you get more customers. Many of which won't pay.

Play for a while and you'll figure out what your actions do. It's not hard to guess if you know the variables used, and you can guess at the variables used based on how the game works out.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline TF

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 03:30:31 AM »
Mostly, your reactions influence your Disposition stat. Helping your rival escape raises it, casting him out (I believe) causes a small hit, and killing him results in a significant loss. Likewise, with customers, letting them go gives you a nicer disposition, putting them in the dungeon makes you a bit less nice, and kidnapping the guy's family and forcing them to work for you makes you a good bit meaner (and, depending on your choices, ropes you between 1 and 4 new girls to work for you [simply sticking with taking the girl gives you one, but sending your goons to follow the guy home will allow you the option of kidnapping the original daughter, her mother and any sisters she might have... the most being one mother and three daughters.])

Offline bren36

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 09:34:57 AM »
thanks I had read the scripts but when I did them myself I didn't notice much changes.