devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619480 times)

Offline Sorren

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2014, 10:32:08 PM »
I tried to allow for uncorrected spelling changes from older ".girlsx" and ".rgirlsx" to be automatically corrected and ignored
ie. "Incorporial" will be  corrected to "Incorporeal" when the game loads the file.
The file itself will not be corrected and I have not yet added a file I will call "spellcheck_needed.txt" that will tell you where any errors in girl files are. This should complement the existing "gamelog.txt" by showing only things you can fix on your end not in the source code.

Or you could just pester someone who fixes and ports the packs for their own benefit, for instance I've currently got 891 girls in game. No doubt I've a few duplicates over different packs and there's only one that loads the defaults as I haven't hunted down the typo yet, plus I have a few girl packs of my own mingled in with all the stuff others have released. Also been working on expanding and sorting all the images so that the older packs utilise the new image calls and lacking girls got new content now and then as I dive onto the imageboards.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2014, 12:08:06 AM »
I tried to allow for uncorrected spelling changes from older ".girlsx" and ".rgirlsx" to be automatically corrected and ignored
ie. "Incorporial" will be  corrected to "Incorporeal" when the game loads the file.
Well this code failed to work as I intended :(
It would require adding a massive if/then check to make it work the way I wanted but I don't feel like doing that at this time :/

Or you could just pester someone who fixes and ports the packs for their own benefit, for instance I've currently got 891 girls in game. No doubt I've a few duplicates over different packs and there's only one that loads the defaults as I haven't hunted down the typo yet, plus I have a few girl packs of my own mingled in with all the stuff others have released.
I split all girlsx and rgirlsx into 1 girl per file. This made it easy to find duplicates and unmatched girlsx/folders

A great tool for checking your files is Notepad++
With it, I spell checked all my 740 girlsx and 200 rgirlsx files.
Notepad++ can open up to 400 files at a time and can search for and replace text in all opened files so a known misspelling is easy to find and fix.
I also found and moved 30 unmatched folders and 5 unmatched girlsx files out of the game folder until I find the matches.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #197 on: May 10, 2014, 03:55:22 AM »
Crazy was having problems compiling with some of my changes so he asked me to compile and upload the new version.
Hopefully this link works

(removed link when newer version was added)
- update 2: with msvcp120d.dll and related files (all are 32bit versions)

There are no girls in the Characters folder, if you need some, there are many available elsewhere on the forums.
The only Interfaces are my "J_1024x768" (tested good) and the base ones (not tested)

The only major change is moving all the ".itemsx" files from ".\Resources\Data" to ".\Resources\Items"
The items I have included with this version are all in "1 item type per file" so they should be easy to find.
Items with the same base name such as "Healing Salve" and "Incense of Serenity" have the (L), (M), (S), (T) all in the same file.
To some items, I added what I call "Other Sellers". These include:
"(This Seller has a full stock but he charges a lot more)" = Unlimited number but twice the price - "Healing Salve" and "Incense of Serenity"
"(This Seller can get more but he charges more)" = More commonly available but twice the price - "Cure for Fairy Dust Addiction" and other cures
Some items I moved from one category to another.
Some items that had variations all with the same name would default to the first variation found when the game was reloaded, so I renamed the variations:
adding spaces, commas or periods for single use items
or (letters) for equipable items

There are a few new and rearranged jobs so be sure to reassign jobs to all girls before hitting the "Next Week" button.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 12:57:17 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Sorren

« Reply #198 on: May 10, 2014, 05:03:38 AM »
I split all girlsx and rgirlsx into 1 girl per file. This made it easy to find duplicates and unmatched girlsx/folders

A great tool for checking your files is Notepad++
With it, I spell checked all my 740 girlsx and 200 rgirlsx files.
Notepad++ can open up to 400 files at a time and can search for and replace text in all opened files so a known misspelling is easy to find and fix.
I also found and moved 30 unmatched folders and 5 unmatched girlsx files out of the game folder until I find the matches.
I keep the original files, but I use Notepad++  for fixing the traits. Haven't bothered running through all the names yet though, I really should do so I know if I have any orphans.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #199 on: May 10, 2014, 06:38:47 AM »
Crazy was having problems compiling with some of my changes so he asked me to compile and upload the new version.
Hopefully this link works

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/XetbdtAtDO/WhoreMaster.05i.zip.html

There are no girls in the Characters folder, if you need some, there are many available elsewhere on the forums.
The only Interfaces are my "J_1024x768" (tested good) and the base ones (not tested)

The only major change is moving all the ".itemsx" files from ".\Resources\Data" to ".\Resources\Items"
The items I have included with this version are all in "1 item type per file" so they should be easy to find.
Items with the same base name such as "Healing Salve" and "Incense of Serenity" have the (L), (M), (S), (T) all in the same file.
To some items, I added what I call "Other Sellers". These include:
"(This Seller has a full stock but he charges a lot more)" = Unlimited number but twice the price - "Healing Salve" and "Incense of Serenity"
"(This Seller can get more but he charges more)" = More commonly available but twice the price - "Cure for Fairy Dust Addiction" and other cures
Some items I moved from one category to another.
Some items that had variations all with the same name would default to the first variation found when the game was reloaded, so I renamed the variations:
adding spaces, commas or periods for single use items
or (letters) for equipable items

There are a few new and rearranged jobs so be sure to reassign jobs to all girls before hitting the "Next Week" button.

Says MSVCP120D.dll is missing when i run the exe.
Nevermind sorted it by installing Visual C++ Redistribitable blablabla...

Nvm again... Still doesnt work...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:17:38 AM by Lurker »

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #200 on: May 10, 2014, 09:05:22 AM »
same dll error here...

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #201 on: May 10, 2014, 10:59:19 AM »
Sorry about that, Try it again

From now on I will test it on my other computer before uploading an update.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:34:05 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Lurker

« Reply #202 on: May 10, 2014, 11:23:19 AM »
Now i get another error saying i cant start the program correctly (0xc000007b).
>_<

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2014, 11:27:36 AM »
Sorry about that, Try it again

From now on I will test it on my other computer before uploading an update.

When lunching the game error pops up, named: WhoreMaster.exe - wrong image.
Error from MSVCP120D.dll, saying that it isn't to be run on Windows or have an internal error. Please reinstal.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2014, 11:44:17 AM »

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/elSyxQIyQS/WhoreMaster.05i.2.zip.html
- update 2: with msvcp120d.dll and related files (all are 32bit versions)

OK  this time it should work.
Tested on my other computer.
I compiled this on a 64 bit system and accidently copied some 32bit and some 64bit versions of the msvc?120d.dll so they were conflicting.

Just tested it in linux and it works well in wine :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 11:55:23 AM by aevojoey »

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2014, 11:59:45 AM »
The game is working fine.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2014, 12:37:10 PM »
Works. Cheers. ^^

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2014, 01:53:19 PM »
yay! ;)
the game ran amazingly stable for quite a while today, but somehow i managed to get my safegame borked again...and i donĀ“t know what it was that caused the crash. happened after i assigned the first girls at the towncenter. but i honestly have no idea if that is the reason for the crash or maybe some of the girls i added to the game earlier.

would someone like to have a look in the gamelog file or maybe check the safegame? this game is much too enjoyable to be crashing all the time! :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 08:41:11 PM by torrentsearcher »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #208 on: May 11, 2014, 11:55:09 AM »
happened after i assigned the first girls at the towncenter.
I couldn't replicate your problem. What jobs did you assign and to how many girls?

would someone like to have a look in the gamelog file or maybe check the safegame?
If you can upload both I'll take a look at them

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #209 on: May 11, 2014, 12:32:01 PM »
let me up them somewhere then... probably the safe only, though, i started a new game and thus have a different gamelog, i asume.