Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619191 times)

Offline fenicearcana

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #615 on: November 28, 2014, 03:52:41 PM »
weeeeelll i don't really like the single button i replaced for "next week" XD but i just wanted to test some things...so YES we could do it.

I will create the missing buttons (like next turn) with some wooden texture, but after that we have to rework all the positions of the buttons.

Also, if i'm correct, you can create a "layer" over the button, yes?

i mean i could create an empty button, with just the tecture.... and if you add the code, we could just add a layer over each button to customize it.
so i don't have to create 200 different buttons with a font that maybe didnt even like to you. If you create that line, you can then choose the font and what to show over the button.
Is that possible, right?

Anyway choose a font for me.. °_° i'm terrible at choosing fonts XD

Attached is the example i edited into the "brothel_management.xml"

How do you like? i changed just the "next week" button to see if those wooden button were suitable, but they are better used on the lower part of the screen with the wooden dark texture. On the thin paper sand-coloured scroll, i will create a custom button to match in a better way the color.

I also changed the position of text (Details at XPos 635 YPos 65, Header at XPos 25 YPos 25)

I did change the Brothel0 original image from 1920x1200 to 600x800

So, to use the wooden texture, you just have to give me some time to create the custom buttons, and to locate the right x-y positions for them. Also i will really be gratefoul if you could create that line-commnd about showing a text over a button, so i don't have to create each single button with his text on, but i could just create empty button and you can use any text you wish on them ^^
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:56:42 PM by fenicearcana »

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #616 on: November 29, 2014, 04:55:25 AM »
As you can see i'm going on with the customization. But since this is the Bur Thread, this is the last one i post here. From now on, i go back to the other thread...i got..confused, sorry >.<

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #617 on: December 12, 2014, 12:55:28 PM »
Yea, no problems now that I know what's the one causing it. Thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work.

Btw. Not sure if it's related bug(or if it's even one), but I at least found it funny as hell.  :D

If she doesn't allow it, tie her up and rape.

I am reworking Personal training and found where this is in the code.
Apparently, it was NOT supposed to be a bug, it was intended.
It is in the virginity check in the "Disposition -10 to 10" part, Your disposition is neutral.
There are 4 options for her response:
Code: [Select]
            else if (m_Player->disposition() >= -10)            //Neutral
            {
                ss << gettext("She is a virgin so you ask her if she wants to let you be her first.\n");
                if (roll_b <= 50)        { ss << gettext("She declines so "); }
                else if (roll_b <= 70)    { ss << gettext("She agrees so ");            roll_b = 60; } // normal sex
                else if (roll_b <= 90)    { ss << gettext("She declines so ");            roll_b = 75; } // anal sex
                else                    { ss << gettext("She refuses so instead ");    roll_b = 95; } // BDSM
            }
She can agree, decline or refuse. If she refuses, you tie her up and do her anyway.

Below -10 Disposition you don't give her the choice, and above 10 Disposition you respect her choice.
The higher your Disposition the less likely she is to refuse.
The lower your Disposition the more likely you will do more depraved things to her.

And the texts did not really take into account sex restrictions so this can also cause strange messages.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:15:11 AM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #618 on: December 18, 2014, 03:19:48 PM »
So I've got this occasionally recurring crash that sometimes occurs when I try to go to the Slave Market.  Do you need anything apart from the save and the gamelog (I've slightly modified the config, upped a couple values)?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #619 on: December 19, 2014, 01:38:50 AM »
So I've got this occasionally recurring crash that sometimes occurs when I try to go to the Slave Market.  Do you need anything apart from the save and the gamelog (I've slightly modified the config, upped a couple values)?
It may be caused by a corrupt (r)girlsx file.
Turn all the debug settings in your config.xml to true and run the game, that way it will log everything.
Run the game and when it crashes, upload the savegame and gamelog files.
Most changes to the config.xml will not cause a crash unless you go overboard with the numbers.

Offline Gmind

« Reply #620 on: December 19, 2014, 06:04:45 AM »
Just downloaded the most recent unofficial version of the game (06.00.18) and have been unable to start it up (see attached .png pic). I've tried starting it as admin (didn't work), re-downloaded it to see if there was an issue w/ its download (no soup, issue persists), checked my version of VC++ to see if it was the latest version (it is), and downloaded the previous version to see if it had the same startup issue (06.00.17 starts just fine). Thought it might be a good idea to bring this up, so here I am. not really sure what else I could provide to help identify the issue as no detailed error messages/error logs are popping up.

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #621 on: December 19, 2014, 06:20:51 AM »
Just downloaded the most recent unofficial version of the game (06.00.18) and have been unable to start it up (see attached .png pic). I've tried starting it as admin (didn't work), re-downloaded it to see if there was an issue w/ its download (no soup, issue persists), checked my version of VC++ to see if it was the latest version (it is), and downloaded the previous version to see if it had the same startup issue (06.00.17 starts just fine). Thought it might be a good idea to bring this up, so here I am. not really sure what else I could provide to help identify the issue as no detailed error messages/error logs are popping up.

Have you tried restarting your computer, sometimes a windows update can cause computer not to be able to find things
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #622 on: December 19, 2014, 10:19:28 AM »
It may be caused by a corrupt (r)girlsx file.
I tried running all the girls (Random and Unique) through the 'individual folder' option in Extra to see if I got any bad files, but didn't get any messages.

Turn all the debug settings in your config.xml to true and run the game, that way it will log everything.
That would be the "Log All" button, yes?

And ... too big for forum attachment.  :/  http://depositfiles.com/files/jpzku3ye1

Offline Gmind

« Reply #623 on: December 19, 2014, 04:00:26 PM »

Have you tried restarting your computer, sometimes a windows update can cause computer not to be able to find things

It now works, Thanks for that! (What a strange fix...)

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #624 on: December 19, 2014, 04:27:38 PM »
not really strange, it comes from a bug with windows updates, i have yet to understand why, i think what it is is it tries to partialy change some of the files with new ones but it doesnt change all of them
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline diggaz

« Reply #625 on: December 20, 2014, 02:22:41 PM »
Buying a second brothel seems to start a new game :-[

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #626 on: December 20, 2014, 02:41:40 PM »
go to town and click on the icon of the girl and that is your origianl brothel

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #627 on: December 20, 2014, 06:23:22 PM »
Buying a second brothel seems to start a new game :-[
This has been reported several times but I have never been able to replicate this bug.

Take a look at these - Hotkeys currently in the game - it may just be you are looking at the second brothel.
Press F1 to switch to the brothel screen then press 1 to change to the first brothel.
If that is the problem, then solved, if not, I will need more info.
If you attach your savegame from before you buy the second brothel, I will see if I can.

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #628 on: December 21, 2014, 12:38:10 AM »
I've run into the same bug....upon naming the second brothel it will start another game with the intended brothel as your new first....but it doesn't mess with the first save....so just delete the new one.

Offline Gmind

« Reply #629 on: December 26, 2014, 08:42:00 AM »
... Me again. Been having some extremely annoying issues trying to get Unique/Random girls to work. Tried using the default (IE JTest) Rgirlx file and it seems to work fine but, as soon as I make one or more modification to the file, the game suddenly decides that it can't read said file maybe half of the time and instead turns to hardcoded instructions for RGirl generation.

Also, the game has been crashing on me when I've tried to enter the slave market/look at a girl after making these modifications; Is there a problem in the script that reads the .rgirlx files?

Lastly, and on a somewhat unrelated note, where would I look in the scripts to modify traits; Not to just rename them or change their descriptions, but to add modifiers such as combat buffs or beauty detractors? On a slightly stumped note, a slight tutorial on this site over how to add modifiers to traits and how to make situational traits work/appear when intended may be beneficial.

My gamelog should be attached to this post. In the meantime, I've got multiple girl folders I've been meaning to compile (got 5 Lamia folders, a Mutio, a Renamon, and a Claymore (otherwise known as "Dangerous Girl") folder I'm working on right now).