Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619333 times)

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2014, 04:25:41 PM »

It could be legacy code, I vaguely recall girls (any kind) without the trait randomly getting it depending on their age and some hidden variable.

I suspected as much but I searched the forum and didn't really find anything, so I posted the issue regardless.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2014, 07:34:49 PM »
Not sure if it's mod-related or a bug hidden in the original source code of WM, but some of my custom made non-random girls get the virgin trait and the "She is a virgin" notification in their stats, while their .girlsx file has specifically that trait untouched in all cases.
If I remove the Virgin trait with its description from CoreTraits.traits and leave an empty line, the trait disappears, but the "She is a virgin" stat remains.
It is in the code in a few places.
The "Virgin" Trait is checked but there is also a "Virgin" stat.
Try adding this to the girlx file:
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Girls>
    <Girl
        Name="name"
        Desc="desc"
        Virgin = "0"
1 for is a virgin, 0 for not a virgin.

If the virgin stat is not set, when a girl is loaded and her age is checked, if it is 18 or less, she is set as a virgin.
If she is 19-25, the game averages her sex skills and if they average less than 30, she is a virgin.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline babanathie

« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2014, 09:14:44 PM »
I downloaded the SVN version to get an idea of the code.  I'm not an expert in C++, but I do some programming.  Just to see if the project would compile, I attempted to compile and ran into the following error:

1>z:\game projects\brothelmaster (svn)\ crazys-wm-mod\cEditBox.h(31): error C2864: 'cEditBox::m_Hidden' : only static const integral data members can be initialized within a class

I'm not an expert in C++, but I do know that it is some type declaration error in a class that is called a lot.  Is this class, EditBox, just out of date?  Or am I missing something important? 

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2014, 09:51:37 PM »
I downloaded the SVN version to get an idea of the code.  I'm not an expert in C++, but I do some programming.  Just to see if the project would compile, I attempted to compile and ran into the following error:

1>z:\game projects\brothelmaster (svn)\ crazys-wm-mod\cEditBox.h(31): error C2864: 'cEditBox::m_Hidden' : only static const integral data members can be initialized within a class

I'm not an expert in C++, but I do know that it is some type declaration error in a class that is called a lot.  Is this class, EditBox, just out of date?  Or am I missing something important? 
What program are you using to compile?
I use VSE2013 and I do not get that error.

Offline babanathie

« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2014, 10:13:51 PM »
I have the free VSE2010 Express...  I just realized that I probably should upgrade...  But my other projects...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:21:43 PM by babanathie »

Offline crazy

« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2014, 11:32:38 PM »
Its the same problem I have.  Its ur version of VS that is the problem I think u need 2013 to compile it right.

Offline babanathie

« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2014, 01:40:09 AM »
Yeah...  VSE2013 did fix it.  I had an issue with msvcp120d.dll.  I ended up downloading the redistributable from Microsoft and deleting the one in C++ directory.  But, I got it to compile.

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #247 on: June 01, 2014, 05:11:06 AM »
Playing with Version 0.5o
after loading my save game from last version (0.5n-2) the Clinic seem to be broken
I reapplied all jobs
after passing the week EVERY Girl (even those that were added after the loaded week) get Tiredness value of either 98/252/254
First I thought it was a one time issue so I edited the values back to 0 as the save was....but even after this the value is changed to either 98/252/254 for all girls in the Clinic every passing week
If some of the girls actually manage to get down to tiredness 0 from resting the next week the values skyrocket again
other Buildings aren't affected

one more thing I noticed is the Arena training
Girls keep training stats they already maxed out (100)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:39:50 AM by Evangelion 01 »

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #248 on: June 01, 2014, 09:50:13 AM »
It is in the code in a few places.
The "Virgin" Trait is checked but there is also a "Virgin" stat.
Try adding this to the girlx file:
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Girls>
    <Girl
        Name="name"
        Desc="desc"
        Virgin = "0"
1 for is a virgin, 0 for not a virgin.

If the virgin stat is not set, when a girl is loaded and her age is checked, if it is 18 or less, she is set as a virgin.
If she is 19-25, the game averages her sex skills and if they average less than 30, she is a virgin.

Does the line containing " Virgin = "0" " need to be precisely under the description line or can I paste it under the girls anywhere, inluding on the very bottom under the stats (but above traits) ?

EDIT:
Well, I tested it by adding the line on a vast majority of girls in the .girlsx (in the "proper"place - thus under the description as instructed) and it doesn't seem to work.
Your algorithm is right though, only and all of the girls under the age of 25 had the virgin label on them.

Any chance on fixing this in the source code? I imagine it's just a single line somewhere...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:17:20 AM by 0nymous »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #249 on: June 01, 2014, 12:12:17 PM »
after passing the week EVERY Girl (even those that were added after the loaded week) get Tiredness value of either 98/252/254
First I thought it was a one time issue so I edited the values back to 0 as the save was....but even after this the value is changed to either 98/252/254 for all girls in the Clinic every passing week
If some of the girls actually manage to get down to tiredness 0 from resting the next week the values skyrocket again
other Buildings aren't affected
I tried to restore a failed attempt by a previous coder to make a simple natural -2 tiredness similar to the natural +2 health the girls already have.
That didn't work so now I fixed it, hopefully for good.

one more thing I noticed is the Arena training
Girls keep training stats they already maxed out (100)
I reworked WorkCombatTraining a little.
However, the most likely reason your girls are still training their skill while showing it at 100 is that the 100 may include modifiers for weapons and armor.
Take off their items and see if the numbers change.

Does the line containing " Virgin = "0" " need to be precisely under the description line or can I paste it under the girls anywhere, inluding on the very bottom under the stats (but above traits) ?
Any chance on fixing this in the source code? I imagine it's just a single line somewhere...
I modified the way "Virgin" is loaded from .girlsx files, specifically yes (1) or no (0)
 - if Virgin="0" or Virgin="1" is added inside the <girl ... > section.
 - if <Trait Name="Virgin" /> is in the traits list then yes.
 - if neither is specified, the game randomly sets virgin status based on age and sex stats.
 - .rgirls still use the <Trait Name="Virgin" Percent="#" />

The fixes are in .05o.01 here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27725#msg27725

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 12:28:54 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #250 on: June 01, 2014, 02:12:17 PM »
Well I double checked regardeing the stats in training
A girl with no combat related items already haveing 100% agi, Combat and Magic
Week report states she learned 1st +3 Magic; 2nd +5 Combat
btw useing 0.5o-1

Good thing the tiredness bug was fixed completly
on another note I have 1 Nurse and Doctor
However after reapllying all jobs week summory states that OPs require 4 days and will be reduced if I assign a Nurse
Same week one girl is getting healed her summary states that doctor AND Nurse took care of her
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:19:45 PM by Evangelion 01 »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #251 on: June 01, 2014, 04:33:07 PM »
Well I double checked regardeing the stats in training
A girl with no combat related items already haveing 100% agi, Combat and Magic
Week report states she learned 1st +3 Magic; 2nd +5 Combat
Running a few test on this, I found that if a girl had 100 in all 4 stats that can be trained in the arena, it would not train anything (as it should the way it is currently written)
This code currently works as it should but I will rewrite it to make it a little better.

Open your savegame in a text editor and find the girl you are having problems with.
<Magic Value="100" Mod="38" />
The skill's Value is her actual level in it and the Mod is armor+weapon+any other item.

on another note I have 1 Nurse and Doctor
However after reapllying all jobs week summory states that OPs require 4 days and will be reduced if I assign a Nurse
This is the part of the overhaul I did with surgery jobs.
If you only have a Doctor on duty, the surgery will take 5 days. A nurse on duty speeds this up to 3 days.
The first shift of the summary should say "... require 4 days... " and the second shift  "... require 3 days... "
I probably should rewrite that to clarify it a bit.

Same week one girl is getting healed her summary states that doctor AND Nurse took care of her
Yes, the Doctor AND the Nurse both took care of her.
The Doctor did the healing and the Nurses made sure she was comfortable and checked up on her.
1 Doctor is required and one or more Nurses are optional (try it with 3 nurses)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:03:32 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #252 on: June 01, 2014, 05:48:05 PM »
Running a few test on this, I found that if a girl had 100 in all 4 stats that can be trained in the arena, it would not train anything (as it should the way it is currently written)
This code currently works as it should but I will rewrite it to make it a little better.

Open your savegame in a text editor and find the girl you are having problems with.
<Magic Value="100" Mod="38" />
The skill's Value is her actual level in it and the Mod is armor+weapon+any other item.
I see your point, however what I meant is that the girl in question only has 40% constitution, I would have expected that she either trains nothing or concentrates on raising her constitution level
Btw that aplies to atleast 3 random girls in the Arena (most of the others aren't high enough in their stats to be sure)

A suggestion...instead of allowing the girl to keep training if all her stats are 100 (those from training) why not auto apply her to rest job...like you already do in the Clinic (I mean like what happens after your succesfully aplied a "Liposuction" or an "Arse Job", etc.)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:54:51 PM by Evangelion 01 »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2014, 06:51:44 PM »
I see your point, however what I meant is that the girl in question only has 40% constitution, I would have expected that she either trains nothing or concentrates on raising her constitution level
I see what you are saying and it gets me thinking...

I made the check for what is trained go through the list twice in case it fails to choose one the first time.
If all 4 skills/stats are maxed the girl then get sent to resting.

A suggestion...instead of allowing the girl to keep training if all her stats are 100 (those from training) why not auto apply her to rest job...like you already do in the Clinic (I mean like what happens after your succesfully aplied a "Liposuction" or an "Arse Job", etc.)
I considered this and actually finished half of it when I came up with another option.
Traits.
In the normal course of training, instead of training one of the 4 skills/stats, she has a 5% chance of gaining or loosing a trait.
If all 4 skills/stats are maxed, that chance goes up to 20% if she keeps training.

I considered including "Elegant" in the traits for if she can either gain OR loose it:
"Her brutish style of combat has made her less Elegant"
or
"Her deft with the blade is quite Elegant"

The third option would be to have traits added like they are with other jobs, randomly added after the job is done.

edit: For now I have gone with option 1 but have left the start of the trait gain/loss in for later.
They are in version .05o.03 here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27725#msg27725
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:23:18 PM by aevojoey »

Offline ManjoBanjo

« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2014, 07:01:38 PM »
So I started playing WM about 2 or 3 weeks ago and I started encountering the End Week crash a few days ago. I have tried the reassign all jobs, and I also tried some other things like moving slaves to different areas. I will post my save file within this post and hopefully this can be situated. I have had to restart 5 times now, if this bug can't be fixed I may restart again but it would be nice to figure out what is causing the crash specifically.

I am using version 05n.02