devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619583 times)

Offline Claytod

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #330 on: July 06, 2014, 02:38:09 AM »
If the girls name does not exactly match the image folder's name, the images will not load.
If a girl has a status of "Catacombs" they can only be acquired from the catacombs.
If a girl has a status of "Arena" they can only be acquired from the arena.
If the (r)girlsx file is corrupt, they may not load properly and thus not be in the game.
Thanks for answering those questions. Is there anyway to know if the file is corrupt, because it looks fine to me?

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #331 on: July 06, 2014, 10:17:45 AM »
Thanks for answering those questions. Is there anyway to know if the file is corrupt, because it looks fine to me?
Load it into the editor.
If the (r)girlsx file is corrupt, it will either:
 - tell you where the error is,
 - crash the editor,
 - not show up in the list
 - or get fixed.

The newest version of the editor is included in .05s.03 in the "Docs&Tools\Character & Item Editor\" folder
or you can get it here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3456.0
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 10:25:06 AM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Uriel

« Reply #332 on: July 06, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »
Dunno, maybe something is wrong in my save(it's the one i keep playing from before your patching), but anyway...
Bad things that happen to my game:
1) man in my gangs started dieing faster then i recruit new. Gangs at around 90% all stats.
2) girls get pwned all the time in the catacombs and patrols, despite having all the battle stats, maxed out in all the ways.
3) girls constantly assaulted even though i have over 20k security rating
4) no turn summary appears: i get income info, territory events, broke customers, then summary screen with nothing in it.
edit: if i close the summary and open it with the button, information appears, but that's still suspicious.

5) girls in the brothel being unassigned by matron, and not assigned back(oh man, this one drives me crazy).
6) Some girls marked green in the turn summary have nothing special in their day logs. Dunno why are those marked green.
7) Some girls with green status have a green log entry and a regular one with identical text in both.(i think this happens when girl gains a level and a trait)
8) I saw girls gaining levels while doing nothing. Dunno if it's intended or not, but looked strange.
9) Some slave girls working at customer service can get paid  ~1500 gold for serving 5 customers. Hey, know your place sluts.

that's on v05s.03.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 02:28:01 PM by Uriel »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #333 on: July 06, 2014, 02:46:39 PM »
Dunno, maybe something is wrong in my save(it's the one i keep playing from before your patching), but anyway...
Attach your savegame and gamelog.txt
I will take a look at them.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 04:06:09 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Uriel

« Reply #334 on: July 06, 2014, 05:16:49 PM »
Here.

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #335 on: July 06, 2014, 06:20:09 PM »
Ever since Version 0.5s-2 I get game crashes on hitting next week
Updated to Version 0.5s-3 but bug persists

save game and log ziped and attached

Offline TitanSon

« Reply #336 on: July 07, 2014, 12:53:40 AM »
Everytime i edit the conig-data via the editor i cant start the game ... it crashes everytime before i can see anything
if i restore or redownload the whoremaster .03  and start it again ir gives no problems.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #337 on: July 07, 2014, 01:11:15 AM »
Bad things that happen to my game:
1) man in my gangs started dieing faster then i recruit new. Gangs at around 90% all stats.
2) girls get pwned all the time in the catacombs and patrols, despite having all the battle stats, maxed out in all the ways.
This is a problem having to do with your rgirlsx files if you have any who have the Incorporeal trait.
If the game randomly chooses one of them as your opponent, they will always win (or tie with another incorporeal girl).

Also, The stock of Potions for gangs is all they get for that turn.
If they run out before the start of the next turn, they can not heal.
Buy more potions and they will survive longer.
Restocking is done as the very last thing before finishing the turn summary.

3) girls constantly assaulted even though i have over 20k security rating
I am rewriting the m_SecurityLevel.
It is extremely overpowered.
Your bug will be corrected.

edit:
 - m_SecurityLevel now drops by (10 + 1 per girl in that brothel) per day instead of a flat 30 per day
 - Each attempted attack on the girls now lowers m_SecurityLevel by 5 per attacker instead of 1 per.
 - m_SecurityLevel now actually stops the attacks from happening most of the time if there is a gang or girl working security (it was just passing failed attempts before)
Code: [Select]
    int SecLev = Brothl->m_SecurityLevel, OrgNumMem = enemy_gang->m_Num;
    int p_seclev = 95 + (SecLev / 2000);  if (p_seclev > 99) p_seclev = 99;
    if (SecLev > OrgNumMem * 5 && g_Dice.percent(p_seclev) &&
        (g_Brothels.GetNumGirlsOnJob(GirlsBrothelNo, JOB_SECURITY, day_night == SHIFT_DAY) > 0 ||
        g_Gangs.gangs_on_mission(MISS_GUARDING).size() > 0))
        return true;
- If they are not stopped entirely, they lower m_SecurityLevel an additional -5 per surviving attacker.
So having some security is important, But having too much can be bad:
 - If m_SecurityLevel is below 2000 then it is good.
 - If m_SecurityLevel is higher than 2000 then you start scaring away customers.
Code: [Select]
    // `J` Too much security will scare away customers
    int ScareCustomers = int(brothel->m_SecurityLevel / 500);
    ScareCustomers -= 4;    // less security could attract more customers (for good or bad)
    if (ScareCustomers < 0) ScareCustomers = (g_Dice%3) * -1;
    if (ScareCustomers > 10) ScareCustomers += g_Dice%ScareCustomers;
    m_NumCustomers -= ScareCustomers;

if (ScareCustomers < 0)
        ss << gettext("Your nonintrusive security attracted ") << -ScareCustomers << gettext(" ") << (DayNight == 0 ? gettext("daytime") : gettext("nighttime")) << gettext(" customers. (for better or worse)");
    else if (ScareCustomers == 0)
        ss << gettext("Your brothel was safe and secure, so you didn't lose any ") << (DayNight == 0 ? gettext("daytime") : gettext("nighttime")) << gettext(" customers due to excessive security.");
    else if (ScareCustomers < 10)
        ss << gettext("You lost ") << ScareCustomers << gettext(" ") << (DayNight == 0 ? gettext("daytime") : gettext("nighttime")) << gettext(" customers due to the excessive security in your brothel.");
    else
        ss << gettext("You lost ") << ScareCustomers << gettext(" ") << (DayNight == 0 ? gettext("daytime") : gettext("nighttime")) << gettext(" customers due to the oppressive security in your brothel.");

4) no turn summary appears: i get income info, territory events, broke customers, then summary screen with nothing in it.
edit: if i close the summary and open it with the button, information appears, but that's still suspicious.
This is caused by one of the scripts.
Not sure what script but I will check them tomorrow.

5) girls in the brothel being unassigned by matron, and not assigned back(oh man, this one drives me crazy).
Looking into this

6) Some girls marked green in the turn summary have nothing special in their day logs. Dunno why are those marked green.
 8) I saw girls gaining levels while doing nothing. Dunno if it's intended or not, but looked strange.
Sometimes you have to scroll down to see the green message.
Girls only level up at the end of the shift.
If they gained enough xp to level up outside their shift, they will level up the next turn shift.

Edit:
The Green but no Green problem may be caused because you may have 2 girls with the same name and the green is being misplaced between them.

7) Some girls with green status have a green log entry and a regular one with identical text in both.(i think this happens when girl gains a level and a trait)
Easily fixed.

9) Some slave girls working at customer service can get paid  ~1500 gold for serving 5 customers. Hey, know your place sluts.
All jobs are getting looked at so this will be checked again after Crazy pushes his changes.

Ever since Version 0.5s-2 I get game crashes on hitting next week
Updated to Version 0.5s-3 but bug persists
I am not getting any crashes from your game.
What version were you using before you upgraded to .05s.02?
If you were using a version before .05p, then your crash is probably caused by the green turn summary.
See http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27858#msg27858

Everytime i edit the conig-data via the editor i cant start the game ... it crashes everytime before i can see anything
if i restore or redownload the whoremaster .03  and start it again ir gives no problems.
I have not gotten to the Config page of the WME yet.
I have only done the Girls and RGirls pages so far.
It will not fully work for the Items or the Config yet.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:24:31 AM by aevojoey »

Offline TitanSon

« Reply #338 on: July 07, 2014, 02:04:23 AM »
thanks for the fast answer =) .... and hopefully the next guys wont do the same mistake as me =)

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #339 on: July 07, 2014, 04:03:36 AM »

If you have two girls with the same name (can happen with 2 randomgirls or one special girl and one random girl)
then the end turn messages for both are messed up.
You see the messages of one girl for both of them, so the green color might be correct
but you don't see the message of this girl but of the other girl with the same name
which has nothing special this turn

My own workaround for this was, editing the savegame, looking for both girls and rename one of them.

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #340 on: July 07, 2014, 04:50:58 PM »

I am not getting any crashes from your game.
What version were you using before you upgraded to .05s.02?
If you were using a version before .05p, then your crash is probably caused by the green turn summary.
See http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27858#msg27858
Thats strange...no I am updateing regulary so befor was version 0.5s-1
Always get the windows error c0000005 (Win7 x64)...I can start a new game and advance a few weeks without problems...its just that if I hit next week in the save game I get the crash

Offline Liathano

« Reply #341 on: July 11, 2014, 10:59:23 PM »
Not entirely sure what's going on. But as of .05s.04, Brothel Prohibit options no longer function correctly.

In my previous versions I had always started a second Brothel called 'Virgin', where I'd stick all the Virgin girls. In the Club Options I'd disable all sex acts except for Anal, Lesbian, Oral, Titty and Handjob. The upside to doing this is you get the 20 gold virgin tip for every single customer.

I've noticed as of .05s.04 however the girls would immediately lose their virgin tags. Looking further into this I've discovered that there are numerous customers who get an untagged and no description sex act which removes Virgin tag. The entry usually goes as follows.

'<Customer choice reason>
<Girls name> <Blank space where sex description should be>
<Customer reaction>
<Girl Libido>
<Tip>'

The imagine for this blank sex act is the 'Normal Sex' Image.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #342 on: July 12, 2014, 01:11:58 AM »
Not entirely sure what's going on. But as of .05s.04, Brothel Prohibit options no longer function correctly.

In my previous versions I had always started a second Brothel called 'Virgin', where I'd stick all the Virgin girls. In the Club Options I'd disable all sex acts except for Anal, Lesbian, Oral, Titty and Handjob. The upside to doing this is you get the 20 gold virgin tip for every single customer.

I've noticed as of .05s.04 however the girls would immediately lose their virgin tags. Looking further into this I've discovered that there are numerous customers who get an untagged and no description sex act which removes Virgin tag. The entry usually goes as follows.

'<Customer choice reason>
<Girls name> <Blank space where sex description should be>
<Customer reaction>
<Girl Libido>
<Tip>'

The imagine for this blank sex act is the 'Normal Sex' Image.
This problem is caused by the Strip sex type not being included in the "girlfucks" function.

I will add it to the code with place holder texts.
If anyone can write a few texts for:
 - the different skill_strip levels [<20, <40, <60 and <80],
 - the GetRandomStripString() function,
 - 'if inexperienced then will get hurt' text
I will add them in later.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:35:53 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Drugas

« Reply #343 on: July 12, 2014, 07:42:10 AM »
doesn't workbarstripper.cpp have what you want?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #344 on: July 12, 2014, 04:44:48 PM »
doesn't workbarstripper.cpp have what you want?
No, That has text for working the pole, not strip tease in private rooms.
This should be for customers who just like watching, or something like a bachelor party stripper.