devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619344 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #585 on: November 12, 2014, 10:43:28 PM »
I'd like to ask about higher resolutions, I know we can edit configuration.xml to our liking, and it does work. But when set to high resolution (like 1920*1080) usually the whole UI gets messed up. I suppose the issue lies in the interface folder, since there is no "J_1920x1080" but only a "J_1024x768" folder.

Could you add alternative interface sizes in a future update? Or maybe direct me on how to modify it myself? I tried searching for it but it seems every link to an existing one are dead and I couldn't find any information on how to do it.
This has already been worked around in the config.xml in the display section:
Code: [Select]
    <Resolution
        Resolution="J_1024x768"
        Width="1024"
        Height="768"
        ScaleWidth="800"
        ScaleHeight="600"
        FullScreen="false" />
The original code was scaled to a default 800x600 no mater what the actual screen size.
This was fixed with the addition of the [ScaleWidth] and [ScaleHeight].
If you set [Width] and [Height] to be the same as [ScaleWidth] and [ScaleHeight] respectivly, the screen will be exactly as you set it in the xmls.

I am currently looking into updating the SDL (graphics system) from version 1.2 to 2.0.
This should allow more options to be included into the game (like native gif support).
I am not sure how easy this will be so it is going to be done as a separate compilation so the existing game does not break.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline MagicHp

« Reply #586 on: November 13, 2014, 12:41:43 AM »
This has already been worked around in the config.xml in the display section:
Code: [Select]
    <Resolution
        Resolution="J_1024x768"
        Width="1024"
        Height="768"
        ScaleWidth="800"
        ScaleHeight="600"
        FullScreen="false" />
The original code was scaled to a default 800x600 no mater what the actual screen size.
This was fixed with the addition of the [ScaleWidth] and [ScaleHeight].
If you set [Width] and [Height] to be the same as [ScaleWidth] and [ScaleHeight] respectivly, the screen will be exactly as you set it in the xmls.

That's the first thing I tried but it doesn't work properly. If you change [Width] and [Height] to 1920*1080 and [ScaleWidth] and [ScaleHeight] to 1920*1080 with Fullscreen set to True, you end up with only a 1/4 of the screen usable, the rest being empty except for the default background.
Tried it on 3 different computers with always the same result.

It's not a major issue, it justs bugs me since I use dual screens on almost every computer and the second screen goes nuts when a game changes the first monitor's resolution.

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #587 on: November 15, 2014, 05:13:34 AM »
The trait tough seems to be a bit bugy at the moment (Version 06.00.15)
girls with tough get tired more easily than girls without it
items which reduce tiredness are less effective (by 2, so radicola with -5 tiredness, does only -3 for tough girls, nightmare fuel -18 instead of -20)
so it behaves more like fragile
i don't have fragile girls at the moment, so i can't say if these 2 just switched or if fragile behaves like always.

2 Examples
1. Unique girl with tough and 76 constitution
double shift whore with 20 customers, got +61 tiredness in 1 week
2. random girl with tough and 52 constitution
double shift whore with 17 customers, got +88 tiredness in 1 week

got myself a fragile girl now, she is not really willing to work as a whore
but reduction of tiredness for the first test is the opposite of tough (radicola brings -7 tiredness instead of -5)
+8 constitution training also brings only 7 tiredness instead of 10

so it seems fragile and tough switched places, which makes fragile really nice and tough a thing to avoid at the moment

in addition, i started a new game with the current game version and also deleted the old installation
so there are no old files who could mess up the game
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 05:56:57 AM by Yukinohki »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #588 on: November 16, 2014, 01:47:36 AM »
The trait tough seems to be a bit bugy at the moment (Version 06.00.15)
girls with tough get tired more easily than girls without it
items which reduce tiredness are less effective (by 2, so radicola with -5 tiredness, does only -3 for tough girls, nightmare fuel -18 instead of -20)
so it behaves more like fragile
i don't have fragile girls at the moment, so i can't say if these 2 just switched or if fragile behaves like always.

2 Examples
1. Unique girl with tough and 76 constitution
double shift whore with 20 customers, got +61 tiredness in 1 week
2. random girl with tough and 52 constitution
double shift whore with 17 customers, got +88 tiredness in 1 week

got myself a fragile girl now, she is not really willing to work as a whore
but reduction of tiredness for the first test is the opposite of tough (radicola brings -7 tiredness instead of -5)
+8 constitution training also brings only 7 tiredness instead of 10

so it seems fragile and tough switched places, which makes fragile really nice and tough a thing to avoid at the moment

in addition, i started a new game with the current game version and also deleted the old installation
so there are no old files who could mess up the game
This has been in the game for quite a while, surprised no one else caught it before.

In the UpdateStat function, health and tiredness are handled together to save space.
This caused the fragile and tough to use the same adjustment even though they should be opposites.

I am fixing it and making it better.

::Edit::
Well, I was going to make the fragile/tough modifiers be scaled to the base amount that was attempted to update the stat by, but that started to become more trouble than it was worth.
For now I just fixed the modifiers so that they work as intended with the set amounts.
  • If modifying health on a girl with fragile, -3 health
  • If modifying tiredness on a girl with fragile, +3 tiredness
  • If modifying health on a girl with tough, +2 health
  • If modifying tiredness on a girl with tough, -2 tiredness
So a -1 health on a fragile girl becomes -4
Now that I am writing it, I probably will add the scaling in because +1 health on a fragile girl would become -2 health.
More coding and math to do.  :(

::edit update::
Started the scaled fix.

Tough girls will heal 20% faster and get injured 20% slower
Tough girls will get tired 10% slower and get rested  10% faster

Fragile girls will heal 20% slower and get injured 20% faster
Fragile girls will get tired 10% faster and get rested 10% slower

Delicate girls will heal 10% slower and get injured 10% faster
Delicate girls will get tired 20% faster and get rested 20% slower

Probably need a new trait like energetic or something that would be:
(energetic) girls will heal 10% faster and get injured 10% slower
(energetic) girls will get tired 20% slower and get rested 20% faster

Delicate was described here and I am now adding it in so it can get used.
"Delicate flower", "Fragile as glass"
<Trait Name="Delicate" Desc="This girl is a delicate flower. She gets tired quickly and bruises easily if she's hit." Type="Action" />
<Trait Name="Fragile" Desc="This girl is fragile and gets hurt or tired easy. (easy to hurt)" Type="Action" />
Delicate is someone who gets tired easily.
Fragile is someone who gets injured easily.
They are both on the tiredness and injury scales but opposing sides but are not mutually exclusive.
I changed the description for delicate to reflect this better.

Additionally, if for some reason something calls for a girl with one of the above traits to update health or tiredness by "0" amount, they will have a chance to have their trait cause an adjustment of 1 point to that stat.

At the moment Delicate is not in the mutually exclusive check so a girl can have it with either Tough or Fragile (Tough and Fragile are mutually exclusive).
If this occurs, both traits will adjust the stat.
When I get around to figuring out how they will all interact with each other, I will update the stat modifiers.

::Edit:: Finished the fix - will be in the next version
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:47:23 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #589 on: November 18, 2014, 01:27:13 AM »
The reduction of tiredness through items (nightmare fuel) works for though girls now (10% more)
About the increase of tiredness through jobs, i can't say much, it still feels high
but it's a new game and i still don't have tough 100 cons superwhores with enough traits and fame to ensure 10 customers per shift
for real testruns  ;D

thanks for your fast work, i'm again impressed

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #590 on: November 18, 2014, 05:13:31 AM »
Energetic or Genki Girl seem ok for the unnamed 20% tiredness trait.

Since you're already working with traits and tiredness, why not get Battery Operated working?

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #591 on: November 18, 2014, 12:27:08 PM »
A Wild bug appeared XD

I've send a unique girl (Misty) to work in the farm as the boss. Then i've taken a walk...and gained a second Misty! I've checked already, and i have just one Misty folder and one Misty.rgirlsx
So is there a bug who duplicate unique girl send into the farm?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #592 on: November 18, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »
A Wild bug appeared XD

I've send a unique girl (Misty) to work in the farm as the boss. Then i've taken a walk...and gained a second Misty! I've checked already, and i have just one Misty folder and one Misty.rgirlsx
So is there a bug who duplicate unique girl send into the farm?
Some girlsx files have multiple girls in them.
If you check inside a pokemon girlsx file, it may have the second Misty in it.

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #593 on: November 18, 2014, 02:01:16 PM »
got it. it was like that XD Thanks

Offline Jacko

« Reply #594 on: November 19, 2014, 01:08:59 AM »

Reporting .16 bugs:

The Brothel Whore job isn't working at all at this point. I have 5 girls working the job, each around level 3 with the appropriate skills and customers won't purchase their services. My brothel is spotless, and I have all restrictions turned off. I still see customers being turned away because of restrictions, even though I don't have any.

Girls aren't shopping on their own.

Nude pics still aren't used.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #595 on: November 19, 2014, 02:08:52 AM »
The Brothel Whore job isn't working at all at this point. I have 5 girls working the job, each around level 3 with the appropriate skills and customers won't purchase their services. My brothel is spotless, and I have all restrictions turned off. I still see customers being turned away because of restrictions, even though I don't have any.
Are you getting the message "# were turned away because of your sex restrictions." in your brothel turn summary even though you have nothing restricted?
Where are you seeing the customers being turned away?

An important factor for customers choosing a girl is fetish types.
If a girl does not match a customer's fetish preference, the customer will reject the girl.

There are only 2 ways to ensure a 100% sex act: 90 or higher Looks or 80 or higher Fame.
Sex skill has nothing to do with how a customer chooses a girl, only how much they enjoy it.

I plan on rewriting how the brothel customers work entirely after I update the graphics system.

Girls aren't shopping on their own.
The girls shopping during free time is disabled until I can go over it all to make sure everything works.

Nude pics still aren't used.
I am updating the graphics system.
One part of that will be rewriting how the game chooses images to use.
It will take some time before this gets finished.

Offline crazy

« Reply #596 on: November 19, 2014, 07:18:10 PM »
The girls shopping during free time is disabled until I can go over it all to make sure everything works.
Shopping should still work.  What I added to free time only happens if they dont go shopping.  I try and look at it as there is no reason they shouldnt be shopping.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #597 on: November 19, 2014, 10:47:23 PM »
Shopping should still work.  What I added to free time only happens if they dont go shopping.  I try and look at it as there is no reason they shouldnt be shopping.
I started rewriting the freetime code so it will be easier to add new things to it.
Instead of using a if/else tree, I made an enum with the names of all the options and then a pair of switches.
The first switch is used to choose the option and the second is to do the option.
In theory this will make improving free time more often much easier.

I will attach the WorkFreetime.cpp to this post later tonight after I have added more of the working options to the new method.
Crazy's work will be left in until he decides if he likes my changes.
They are divided by an #if/#else/#endif divider.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:44:16 AM by aevojoey »

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #598 on: November 19, 2014, 11:39:52 PM »
About that, sorry if i ask a stupid question... >.>

Is the code something i can read with notepad? or i need some special program? i'd like to know if i can study the code somehow. i'm a very,very old programmer and know just basic from my old times, i'm rusting, but i'd like to start studying c++ and this code to understand at best how can i help developping the story part. Oh, there also a place where i can download the source code?
As i sayd...maybe is a stupid question since the main code should be somewere in the game itself...but better ask then not XD i don't know c++ at all :P

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #599 on: November 20, 2014, 12:18:51 AM »
About that, sorry if i ask a stupid question... >.>

Is the code something i can read with notepad? or i need some special program? i'd like to know if i can study the code somehow. i'm a very,very old programmer and know just basic from my old times, i'm rusting, but i'd like to start studying c++ and this code to understand at best how can i help developping the story part. Oh, there also a place where i can download the source code?
As i sayd...maybe is a stupid question since the main code should be somewere in the game itself...but better ask then not XD i don't know c++ at all :P
There is a link to the source code in the main download thread - Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.00.16
a little below the main download link.
Or just here - https://code.google.com/p/crazys-wm-mod/source/list

I use microsoft visual studio express 13 to edit it but notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) will do if you are not planning on compiling it.

There are a ton of c++ reference sites out there - here are some that I use
http://www.cprogramming.com/
http://en.cppreference.com

I like this guy's tutorials - start with these and check out some of his others if you want:
8 Common Programming Mistakes
The 5 Most Common Problems New Programmers Face--And How You Can Solve Them

I always go over everything submitted that I plan on adding to the game so if there are any problems I will fix them.
I also try to explain how and why I change something.
"I would rather be told what I am doing wrong so I can fix it rather than continuing to do it wrong."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:43:31 AM by aevojoey »