devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619332 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #735 on: February 11, 2015, 12:09:53 PM »
Where EXACTLY is the config file supposed to be?....in the folder of the game...one level up?.....my game can't find it
Check your gamelog, the first part will tell you if/where it found it.

The folders are all relative to the .EXE's location so Characters = "C:\Characters" will be seen as  ".\C:\Characters" and thus will not work.

The folder the .EXE is in is  ".\"  - you do not need this in the folder tag but it will not break it.
The folder above that is  "..\"  - each time you add one of those, it will look up one folder.
 - so "..\..\..\" would be up 3 folders
 - any extra "..\" will be ignored - so it you want to force it into the root "C:\" directory use 10 "..\" and any extras will be ignored.

The game first loads ".\config.xml" then "..\config.xml"
Anything in ".\config.xml" gets loaded first to get the defaults included with the game.zip.
It then tries to load "..\config.xml" to get your settings that are shared with any other version of the game in the same "..\" folder.
Everything in "..\config.xml" supercedes any other settings, if you leave something out of "..\config.xml" the defaults stay.

I will add static file paths for the contents eventually but the config.xml will always be either ".\config.xml" or "..\config.xml"
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #736 on: February 12, 2015, 09:24:24 PM »
This is not a crashing error so you tell me if the gamelog will have this info.

When I loaded my saved game in v1.60.4 (it was newly created in that same version) all of my Brothel Settings had reset to default, and my 400+ anti-pregnancy potions had disappeared.

During game play the brothel setup screen does not always seem to reflect the last changes I made to it.  What is and is not prohibited, the state of my AP potions etc.  I assume there is an underlying database storing these values, so my guess is some sort of caching issue.  If you want the gamelog let me know.

****Edit*****

I saved and quit and reloaded the same saved game and this time everything stayed as it was prior to the last save and exit.  If I can get it to reliably repro I will let you know
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:37:05 PM by edgy98125 »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #737 on: February 12, 2015, 09:49:08 PM »
This is not a crashing error so you tell me if the gamelog will have this info.

When I loaded my saved game in v1.60.4 (it was newly created in that same version) all of my Brothel Settings had reset to default, and my 400+ anti-pregnancy potions had disappeared.

During game play the brothel setup screen does not always seem to reflect the last changes I made to it.  What is and is not prohibited, the state of my AP potions etc.  I assume there is an underlying database storing these values, so my guess is some sort of caching issue.  If you want the gamelog let me know.
If you have multiple brothels, using the 1-7 keys switches between them.
The settings on each of them can be different.

The gamelog probably would not help but your savegame would.

The "v1.60.4" is the base game version, the Crazy Mod version is at the end of the title ".06.01.03".

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #738 on: February 12, 2015, 09:57:39 PM »
So right .06.01.03 is the mod version.  I currently only have the first main brothel, and the house.  It was just the first load today that exhibited this issue.  So if I ever get it to repro again I can send it along.  Otherwise it may be a waste of your time.

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #739 on: February 13, 2015, 10:23:38 AM »
just some small thing i noticed: u can´t assign combat training properly. the girls will get set back to cage match. so if u want to train a girl from 0 to 100 combat u have to reassign her to training every single turn. not gamebreaking, but certainly annoying. as money is no real factor in this game it doesn´t hurt a lot if she loses. but she gets wounded and can´t continue her training. once the arena gets a place where u can actually lose girls, either by betting or just the fighters themselves, that bug could become seriously annoying. ;)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #740 on: February 13, 2015, 10:58:10 AM »
just some small thing i noticed: u can´t assign combat training properly. the girls will get set back to cage match. so if u want to train a girl from 0 to 100 combat u have to reassign her to training every single turn. not gamebreaking, but certainly annoying. as money is no real factor in this game it doesn´t hurt a lot if she loses. but she gets wounded and can´t continue her training. once the arena gets a place where u can actually lose girls, either by betting or just the fighters themselves, that bug could become seriously annoying. ;)
I had added a check for fight beasts to change it to fight girls if there were no beasts but I didn't specify that only fight beasts would change so all jobs changed to fight girls if there were no beasts.

I will set it to change them to combat training if there are no beasts to fight unless they are already 90+ in all 4 skills plus health, then to fight girls.
If her health is less than 50, she will rest a shift.
It will only change her job for that one shift so if you get more beasts, she will go back to fighting them.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:17:23 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Aendri

« Reply #741 on: February 13, 2015, 02:07:47 PM »
For some reason, I never see any of the combat equipment showing up in the store. Like, ever. Checking every day for close to 14 rounds, I got nothing in ANY of the combat categories except weapons, and even then it's only 1-2 weapons at most. They're still in the game, since I've recovered some from the catacombs, but I haven't found anything elsewhere. Let me know which files you want me to attach, and I will. Going to update to .33 now and see if that fixes it.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #742 on: February 13, 2015, 02:26:09 PM »
For some reason, I never see any of the combat equipment showing up in the store. Like, ever. Checking every day for close to 14 rounds, I got nothing in ANY of the combat categories except weapons, and even then it's only 1-2 weapons at most. They're still in the game, since I've recovered some from the catacombs, but I haven't found anything elsewhere. Let me know which files you want me to attach, and I will. Going to update to .33 now and see if that fixes it.
Because there are very few helmets and combat shoes available in the shop, they will be a little rarer than other items but they are in there.
For this reason, I made it so if the girl has a hat but not helmet, she will keep the hat on for combat.
The same with shoes and combat shoes.

Offline babanathie

« Reply #743 on: February 13, 2015, 07:28:37 PM »
Argh, not again  :'(

I finally got it to crash after several hours of it working properly...
... but it wasn't on Daughters growing up.
It crashed on check_raid() when it was trying to check the influence of a null rival.

Still checking on it.
Attach your savegame so I can test off of that.

Other things I am doing while trying to get it to crash:

I found and fixed a bug in explore catacombs that was not creating random girls properly.

I finally figured out why the dungeon girls were not getting their events saved and I fixed that.

I added a reducer to explore catacombs item count
 - Instead of a flat 40%, I changed it to (50% - (numitems*5%))
 - Better chance of getting 1 or 2 items but less likely to get 4 or more items

I fixed something that was bugging me about the pregnancy column on girls lists, I added a check for Sterile.
 - It will display "St." if she is sterile  instead of just "No"
 - If she is sterile and pregnant it will display "Yes?3?" - how could that happen?
 - If she is sterile and in cool down it will display "No!3!"
 -  - This could signify that she became sterile from giving birth

I added a bypass in the loading girl's images section so it will skip the loading of "nothing" if the girl has no images.
 - This should speed up loading of the game a little.

I added Default Images location to config.xml

I'm not getting a crash with daughters growing up.  It does seem to randomly select whether the child is human or non-human.  I haven't followed the coding logic through; I haven't had time.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #744 on: February 13, 2015, 08:48:45 PM »
I'm not getting a crash with daughters growing up.  It does seem to randomly select whether the child is human or non-human.  I haven't followed the coding logic through; I haven't had time.
That type of thing is a long standing bug because human/nonhuman is in the code in so many different ways that fixing one breaks another.
I have gone through the code several times to try to normalize it but it is difficult.
If you can track it down that would be helpful.

Offline Cursed_May

« Reply #745 on: February 14, 2015, 01:39:56 AM »
When I try to send Andre Griffey to the dungeon my game crashes. (She's in the bottom)
This doesn't happen with the other girls. I bought her from the auction house 2 turns ago, and it seems it's around there the problem lies, as other girls I purchase and send to the dungeon also crashes my game.

https://mega.co.nz/#!0FVkzJTT!Rjf4XntIadyOhtyKTJf8ZanHBikzL9lcUhgX_-a5U4U
Because the file was too big to attach.

Offline Romanul

« Reply #746 on: February 14, 2015, 02:02:02 PM »
I've edited the config.xml file (with notepad) and the changes don't seem to take effect. I've modified the pregnant chance from player to 100 and chance of girl being born. I've done this before a long time ago and it used to work, am i missing something obvious?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #747 on: February 14, 2015, 02:42:15 PM »
I've edited the config.xml file (with notepad) and the changes don't seem to take effect. I've modified the pregnant chance from player to 100 and chance of girl being born. I've done this before a long time ago and it used to work, am i missing something obvious?
Check your gamelog.txt, it should tell you at the top what config.xml was loaded.
The game looks for config.xml in 2 places, the program folder and the folder above it.
It loads the one in the program folder first as defaults, then the one in the folder above for player settings.
If you edit config.xml, save it in the folder above the program folder.

When I try to send Andre Griffey to the dungeon my game crashes. (She's in the bottom)
This doesn't happen with the other girls. I bought her from the auction house 2 turns ago, and it seems it's around there the problem lies, as other girls I purchase and send to the dungeon also crashes my game.
This seems to be caused by a bug in cycle_girls code, the code that stores the sort order of the girls in the buildings.
Because there is a dead girl in the building, the cycle_girls code removes her from the sort order before processing the sorting.
This breaks the game.
I will see what I can do to fix it.

Update:
Well I fixed the crash but cycling through the girls backwards stops at the girl after the dead girl.
I am adding a way to remove dead bodies right away instead of having to wait for the end to the turn.

You game made me add little side note for somethings.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 05:17:48 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Uriel

« Reply #748 on: February 14, 2015, 04:44:58 PM »
minor: Matron takes girls off duty(rest) to rest.

Offline Cursed_May

« Reply #749 on: February 14, 2015, 04:45:27 PM »
Update:
Well I fixed the crash but cycling through the girls backwards stops at the girl after the dead girl.

You game made me add little side note for somethings.

Wow she died to STD's okay ;-; To which this seems to be kinda related, I've had girls dying the turn week they get an STD. Could it be done so it at least takes 3 weeks before they die, so you can reach to do something about it? Because that's the reason everyone hates me.