Author Topic: Bugs 1.29.2 (megafix)  (Read 34928 times)

Offline Command

Re: Bugs 1.29.2 (megafix)
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2009, 11:08:57 AM »
No error messages.  I  can't find any info in the game logs the saved games open find but the main problem is that no info showes up in are upper right area of the game screen.

this is four of the files that suddenly sprung up from one saved file after I saved my game.  These appeared in the saved game folder.

These names are from the new brothels my origional saved file has also become just like these as well with no information showing in the upper right corner as well as no data on money or any girls I had in the brothel.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2009, 03:04:40 PM »
Looking through the save files, I see that "t" has a number of girls assigned to it, while "re" has none.  Is "t" your original brothel?

Here are the girls in the brothel, do they look like what you had?

Raven
Belldandy
Ise Nanao
Yuki Nagato
Urd
Kina (cat girl)
Makabi Kiyone
Eirika
Samus Aran
Nina (4)
Excel Excel
Lumiere
Yashua (Princess Nina made into a random girl?)
Roll (Megaman)
Sena (Elf Girl)
Vika
Kuchiki Rukia
Zelda
Skuld
L'Arachel
Roll (EXE)
Aerith Gainsborough
Kooh
Kirisame Marisa
Midna
Sadae (Elf Girl)
Sigrun
Sanaki
Kotoha (Housewife)
Mika (Housewife)
Isadora
Akika (Zelda turned into random girl?)
Skuld
Euphemia Li Britannia
May (Guilty Gear)
Lum
Lilith Aensland
Sachiko (Yoko Ritona turned random?)
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Command

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2009, 05:45:07 PM »
yes.

Also with the characters names I sometimes have a little trouble with some.

I also discovered that one reason is that one of the character's names has the same spelling of a character trait.

For some reason after a few times I loaded from it those things popped up.  Have the info from the other brothel shown up also?

The problem maybe that since the beginning of the game you establish your first brothel's name as the saved file.  This it's classifying every brothel even ones you purchase as a few save.

This it's likely the best way to solve it is to have a character name then Brothel's name after it.  I hope I'm making sence. 

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2009, 06:20:30 PM »
Hello,
I'm new here. Do I add bug reports to this thread?

While running the 1.29.2 version I've encountered the following problems so far...

When a movie ends, not all the time slots clear correctly. This results in starting a new movie when accessing the girls detail screen in order to change the job that wasn't cleared to start with,

Inventory periodically disappears. Haven't been able to track down what causes this as I don't pay attention to my inventory every turn. But it's nothing to due with the item filters, the inventory really does just totally disappear.

When a girl gets busted the one that gets sent to town hall is the very first girl in the first brothel. I've three times lost non-addicted girls due to this. The first two were actuallly caused by the same addicted girl.

I've had girls get pregnant when seeing 0 customers. Likewise when the customer was a lesbian.

The prohibit sex check boxes don't appear to do anything. When having everything but normal sex checked I'm still getting events for everything.

Once, after buying my fourth brothel, the game asked for the name of the brothel, then promptly started a new game with that brothel name instead of continuing the game in process.

Once, when branding a girl who fought back, the girl died even though she has started with full health. Not sure if the game was intentionally left with that option in mind.

Not sure what the STD cures are for... after several days of playing I have yet to see a girl come down with anything.

After playing a game through about 2-1/2 yrs, the game crashed. When reloading from last save point, I could never get the game to save correctly again. The game would always truncate the file and I would lose all the girls after the first four or five in brothel house 3.

Wasn't sure if the following should be here or in the new features section:

Have seen some girls with both Lolita and Big Boob stats. Seems contradictory to me.

Working as a stripper doesn't increase the strip sex stat. It seems that is only raised by training. Also, contrary to initial expectations, the constitution stat seems to only increase by training. I would think that walking up and down the streets would be good for your health.

After serving prison time the girls disappear back into the pool rather than coming back to the brothel. Two of the girls in the previous post disappeared after prison, and when I picked them up from the lost girl script about a year later, the pregnancy resumed at the exact time that it was at when the girl went to prison. It would seem more logical to me if they came "home" when they got out.

I'm really unclear about how to tell how daughters appear in the game. Even after a couple of years of playing, all girls appearing in the dungeon with a "new girl" tag always seem to be about 95% wolf girl, 4% cow girl and 1% cat girl. If all these new girls are actually daughters then it boggle my mind that I can't seem to produce anything but  non-human daughters from my human concubines. It would be nice if there was an actual daughter tag so I knew for sure where some of these girls are coming from. If there is such a tag I haven't seen it yet. My last game was 2-1/2 yrs before bugging out, so not sure if it had plenty of time or whether I needed to wait longer yet.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 06:29:14 PM by Wispowill »

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2009, 06:27:51 PM »
The restrictions only work for the brothel.  Some of the others I am not sure of but I will try to look into them.

Offline sammeh

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2009, 07:29:05 PM »
still get the "x served y customers today and made $$ you keep 60% which is 0$"

When this erroe occurs do i get no money? or does it just not show it?

And I still get the game crash when trying to brand custom girls.

Offline Command

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
I get the occasional crash to but not just on custom I think it's also on a few random or one from a cave it was hard to tell at that one but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a custom one.

Offline Savagefrog

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2009, 09:45:19 PM »
Lolita just means young an sexually active so having big boobs isn't contradictory.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2009, 10:16:11 PM »
Hello,
I'm new here. Do I add bug reports to this thread?

Here is the place  >;o)

The prohibit sex check boxes don't appear to do anything. When having everything but normal sex checked I'm still getting events for everything.

Those checkboxes apply only to girls assigned to brothel duty.  Girls walking the street and girls in the strip bar aren't affected by the restrictions.  The decision was made deliberately, so it isn't a bug per say, but it is an undesirable outcome.

Not sure what the STD cures are for... after several days of playing I have yet to see a girl come down with anything.

I've never seen a girl get one before either, so I'm either unintentionally avoiding whatever activity is supposed to transfer them or they haven't been implemented.  I'm inclined to think the latter.

Have seen some girls with both Lolita and Big Boob stats. Seems contradictory to me.

The "lolita" thing has been debated before, and depending on your personal definition, this is either contradictory or not.  If you define lolita as a young (typically below the legal age), sexually active girl, then it isn't contradictory.  If you define lolita as a girl who is of legal age but who looks undeveloped, then it is contradictory.

Working as a stripper doesn't increase the strip sex stat. It seems that is only raised by training. Also, contrary to initial expectations, the constitution stat seems to only increase by training. I would think that walking up and down the streets would be good for your health.

The whole skill/stat increase system was recently revealed to be borked, so this will get an overhaul.

After serving prison time the girls disappear back into the pool rather than coming back to the brothel. Two of the girls in the previous post disappeared after prison, and when I picked them up from the lost girl script about a year later, the pregnancy resumed at the exact time that it was at when the girl went to prison. It would seem more logical to me if they came "home" when they got out.

In the next major update, the prison will be implemented which will allow the player to bail out or otherwise retrieve his girls from jail.

I'm really unclear about how to tell how daughters appear in the game. Even after a couple of years of playing, all girls appearing in the dungeon with a "new girl" tag always seem to be about 95% wolf girl, 4% cow girl and 1% cat girl. If all these new girls are actually daughters then it boggle my mind that I can't seem to produce anything but  non-human daughters from my human concubines. It would be nice if there was an actual daughter tag so I knew for sure where some of these girls are coming from. If there is such a tag I haven't seen it yet. My last game was 2-1/2 yrs before bugging out, so not sure if it had plenty of time or whether I needed to wait longer yet.

Daughters are born after 60(?) days and appear in your dungeon after 50-60 weeks, IIRC.  They are human if the mother is human and non-human is the mother is non-human.  All have the trait "Your daughter."  The most likely explanation for the random girls showing up in your dungeon is that they are rewards for "completing" missions - and by "completing," I mean ignoring completely and waiting for the timer to expire.  If you just click though multiple weeks (say a year in total), you will end up with 4-8 girls in your dungeon, plus the occasional daughter of a business owner who couldn't afford protection money.

still get the "x served y customers today and made $$ you keep 60% which is 0$"

When this erroe occurs do i get no money? or does it just not show it?

That is just a display error - you actually do get the sum total of each customer's payments, less what you let the girls keep.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2009, 01:41:12 PM »
Just a reminder guys: can you please check the new 1.29.3 release, and re-report your bugs the problem remains.

Solo has posted a hotfix for the XML loading problem to the 1.29.3 release thread, BTW, so you might want to d/l that before re-testing.