devolution

Author Topic: Bugs 1.29.3  (Read 77247 times)

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
Re: Bugs 1.29.3
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2009, 02:02:24 PM »
Don't worry we will not remove the support for the old version for a few updates.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2009, 02:07:34 PM »
Absolutely. That was the point of supporting them both:  to give ourselves a chance to iron out the wrinkles :)

Offline sgb

« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2009, 05:40:58 PM »
I'm not sure if it's just because xml isn't compliant with Vista orsomething, but I still have problems when I try to convert girls to thexml format. I know there was talk earlier about removing non-xmlformat, but can that be left in until the compatibility problems areworked out?
Definitely not a Vista issue.  Upload your .girls file and I will see if I can convert it for you.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2009, 06:29:19 PM »
I uploaded it earlier and people said it worked fine for them, but I'll upload the old version and the xml version up to be looked at.

Offline sgb

« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2009, 07:03:03 PM »
Well, you're not crazy.  I tried the first file, it works fine.  Triedthe second, and max age is clearly being ignored along with several sexstat values.  Tried taking the first file, converting it then deleting the non-XML version.  Same problem; doesn't work right.  Here's a slightly modified version of the core randomgirl file in XML (I deleted several core girls I didn't like and use a second file with my own random characters).  This works as it should on mine.  Move your files to a different directory and try using this one and see what happenes.  If it works, I would suggest adding the missing character files back in to this one and going from there.  Very strange though.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:05:57 PM by sgb »

Offline Alugere

« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »
I seem to be having the same problem with your file. I'm going to upload your file back up so you can check to see if maybe it's somehow shifting about the .rgirlsx file when I try and use it in game.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2009, 07:45:33 PM »
Try this one. I converted Alugere's .girls file using the perl script I used for the initial conversion. I gave it a quick test and didn't see any problems, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

If this works, we need to figure out how it differs from Solo's generated files. If not, I'm going to add a ton of error checking and diagnostic chatter into the XML loader. Been on the todo list for a while anyway.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2009, 07:47:57 PM »
Still acting odd after I use Doc's version.

Offline sgb

« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2009, 07:55:22 PM »
Okay, I've found the problem.  Or part of it anyway.  If you run whoremaster with no unique girl files (ie only random packs), the values are all fubar.  As long as you have some normal girls in there, the random girl values get loaded right.  Just tried it with my own files.  Remove all but the random, and I get the same errors as Alugere.  Put my unique character files back in there, everything is working again.  This only happens with the XML version.

Convert your standard girls file to XML as well and it should work for you again Alugere.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:58:27 PM by sgb »

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2009, 08:13:23 PM »
I think there's something strange about how random girls work. In original files random girls have 0 for both minimum and maximum age. And yet, their age was around 18-30. Only case where I found then to be older was in case of kidnapping wife and daughters of non paying customer. Then age could get up to 60 (from my experience).

Could it be that age is hardcoded for random girls depending from where they're acquired? I don't know if XML loading method just fills the same structure as original one, but it seems logical. If they weren't hardcoded and it got read from the file you could get mother that is younger than her daughter.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2009, 08:20:45 PM »
Could it be that age is hardcoded for random girls depending from where they're acquired?

There was something like that, and I fixed it. Although I'm not sure that code made it into the release.

I don't know if XML loading method just fills the same structure asoriginal one, but it seems logical. If they weren't hardcoded and itgot read from the file you could get mother that is younger than herdaughter.

It does, bugs permitting. :)

Offline sgb

« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2009, 08:24:57 PM »
Random Age field was being ignored a few versions ago.  It's working in the current version, beyond this strange bug.  IMO, the sooner everyone gets to the same file format the better.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2009, 08:27:20 PM »
Okay, I've found the problem.  Or part of it anyway.  If you run whoremaster with no unique girl files (ie only random packs), the values are all fubar.  As long as you have some normal girls in there, the random girl values get loaded right.  Just tried it with my own files.  Remove all but the random, and I get the same errors as Alugere.  Put my unique character files back in there, everything is working again.  This only happens with the XML version.

Convert your standard girls file to XML as well and it should work for you again Alugere.

That does make it work. Although, since I prefer using only random girls, it is a bit annoying.

Offline sgb

« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2009, 08:35:35 PM »
That does make it work. Although, since I prefer using only random girls, it is a bit annoying.
Try deleting all but one of them in the file, then throw that one in the dungeon forever.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2009, 08:37:26 PM »
Give me a chance to finish this mamoth gold rewrite and I'll see if I can find the problem. I expect if you  hand edit the unique girl file, you can remove all but one of them and still have it work, which might minimise the annoyance factor.

If not, it'll be interesting to see which girls it needs.

[edit]

Too slow! :)