Author Topic: Bugs 1.29.3  (Read 76495 times)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Bugs 1.29.3
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »
I found a problem in the function that loads girls' skills.  It seems that in some cases the NormalSex skill is being assigned a random value.  I attached the .girlsx file I used to run a test recently along with 3 saved games that show different starting values for the skill for several girls (notably Asuka, who I gave maxed out stats to for the purposes of the test).
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline elementalforce

« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2009, 05:12:41 PM »
Maybe not a bug but something  I noticed. I tortured a custom girl in my dungeon. Then I branded her, but since her health was to low and she struggled she died. Just for fun I tried to sell her (the dead body anyway ;-)) and it worked. I am not sure how much I got for her though. A few weeks later the slave trader offered her as a slave. I bought her and she was sent to my brothel, but when I looked in the brothel she was still dead. Maybe you can change it, so that you can`t sell dead girls or so.
BTW awesome work so far guys.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2009, 05:38:14 PM »
Aye, both of them bugs: the selling dead bodies one, and the not getting feedback on how much they sold for.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »
Just a question is there any plan to fix the shop reload inventory exploit or are you just going to leave it for ppl who dont mind reloading 100x time for a item NOW
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2009, 06:59:36 PM »
The plan is to fix everything - but I must admit that one's not been high on the todo list of late.

Offline sgb

« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2009, 07:02:53 PM »
Why bother?  If you want to cheat, there are plenty of other ways.  You can just edit the save file modify whatever it was you wanted the item to do directly.  Dumping the current shop list into the save file actually just makes it EASIER to cheat, as now you can edit the store list itself.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #171 on: December 11, 2009, 07:32:20 PM »
Haven't read the other bug post but the new girlx files don't get auto re-aged to over 17 (not that I really mind but necno added that just in case so he wont get in trouble)

Offline sgb

« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2009, 08:28:42 PM »
It's in one of the official changelogs (Necro's) that it was lowered to 17.  It just wasn't actually working until DocClox fixed it.

Offline Draka

« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2009, 09:51:05 PM »
Still having issues with my items.... I removed them from the items list, put into a seperate file, then moved that file out of the WM folder... starting a new game with just the basic items included with the game shows major issues still... let's see if it attached right.. trying to include the base items file... if someone could help me, it'd be appreciated.

Offline sgb

« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2009, 10:04:22 PM »
Get the latest WMeditor and convert it to XML.  The current version of WM doesn't seem to like the old format anymore, and the old version will be getting phased out soon enough anyway.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2009, 06:39:18 AM »
but I got the latest version and I got a 11yearold character o.o

Offline redle

« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2009, 07:06:23 AM »
Save and load don't seem to work at all for me.  I've seen an issue or two regarding saves discussed, but none that seem to talk about no file being created at all.

I've tried with:
1.23_Beta
-> 1.29
-> 1.29.3 (with fix)
-> 1.29.3.2
-> 1.29.3.4

1.29.3.2_Beta (the redistribution)
-> 1.29.3.4

Of all 7 variants, the only one that created a new file anywhere I could find was the 1.29.3...  Even then, the .gam file that was created only had 2 lines of text in it:

Girls.girlsx
GirlsAddon1.girlsx

Nothing ever shows up in the load window.  I created my own saved game file from a copy/paste of a post somewhere around here, as well as downloading a saved game file that someone had posted.  Granted, I was not nearly as thorough with it, but neither of them showed up in the few different versions I did check them against (placing the files in the root WM directory).

I notice no errors in the log file.  It ends with

Slave Maket called
... checking buttons
... checking arrows
************* saving dungeon data *****************
Saving Customers
*********** Saving rivals *************
saving rival: Black
saving rival: Shaolin
saving rival: Land
saving rival: North Coast
************ Saving players inventory **********
************ Saving brothels **********
Saving brothel: theName
Saving girl: Tsuzune
Saving girl: Kazumi
Saving girl: Hamano
Shutting Down

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2009, 07:21:21 AM »
There should be a folder called saves in the game root. That's where the save files would be under normal circumstances.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2009, 09:25:06 AM »
proof of broken age system

if you try to alter the age it fixes itself to 17 years old (youth potion etc.)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2009, 09:42:54 AM »
I believe you. Not sure what's happening, but I'll take a look at the code, just as soon as I get this config file mod stable. I'm checking every price in the game at the moment and trying to make sure it's both adjusted properly by the config file and also displayed correctly.

Once I get that done and merged into the code, I'll be in a position to start looking seriously at some of these bugs again.