devolution

Author Topic: Bugs 1.29.3  (Read 77430 times)

Offline sgb

Re: Bugs 1.29.3
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2009, 06:10:55 PM »
I'd bet the issue is they are getting the inherited part of the constitution bonus (the 10-20%), but aren't getting their normally generated constitution.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2009, 08:56:27 PM »
That sounds about like what it's doing for constitution. It still shouldn't make them a higher level than their mothers, though. (A level 2 giving birth to a level 17 has happened to me)

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2009, 09:01:02 PM »
Blame the player/ customer having a set of stats to inherit from

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2009, 01:12:27 PM »
Recieving random crash outs with no warning or explanantion on hitting 'next turn'.  It's entirely random, occuring regardless of what girls I'm using, or my game situation.  The worst part is it also affects the auto-save.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:46:42 PM by Bloodly »

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2009, 01:26:28 PM »
I know about that bug, and I wish I could fix it.  I had a chance but screwed it up and hit the wrong button and it happens to me so rarely it is hard to track. 

Offline sammeh

« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2009, 06:38:50 PM »
Getting impossible amounts of money reported when my girls have sex.

They'll have the breakdown of each visitor done correctly, usually around 50-100 when I'm starting out, but when it tallies the shifts totals it gives me numbers in the 10-30 thousands. I don't get that amount, I get what seems to be the regular amount, but it's just reporting that impossibly high amount fo the shifts totals.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2009, 06:45:31 PM »
I'm basically rewriting the financial system right now. Not promising there will be no bugs, but it will be easier to maintain once I'm done.

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2009, 10:35:13 AM »
running game untill gamelog is 150k+ and savefile is 90k+ and i can't load anymore. no problems up untill gamelog 140k or savefile size 80k. any ideas?
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2009, 10:53:41 AM »
running game untill gamelog is 150k+ and savefile is 90k+ and i can't load anymore. no problems up untill gamelog 140k or savefile size 80k. any ideas?

That should compress quite a bit if you zip it up.  I don't suppose you fancy doing that and uploading them somewhere?

I've been dropping a lot of debug chatter into the log lately, (must make sure it clears down when you start a new session) but it shouldn't stop a game from loading. In any event, I should be able to solve the "not loading" problem

Offline Zeus

« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2009, 05:19:45 PM »
hy Folks, don't now why, but my game is getting my hole Ram and freezing my PC if i try to load my best saved game... (same es i try to load the auto save...) 
i add the game log if this is helping... ^^
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2009, 05:39:01 PM »
Nothing obvious there. Can you post the save?

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2009, 06:02:16 PM »
I've been having problems with save files too. Was trying to determine a little better what might be causing it. At an undetermined point after my third brothel I've been consistently unable to load save files. Even though they seem to save fine, actually trying to load them causes everything to freeze up and the program eventually crashes. The result is the same even when closing the program out altogether and restarting it.

I hadn't thought about it being related to the actual file size before, but it could very well be that. Right now, though, all my save files seem to be loading at the moment and the one is at 96k.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »
I think it is an error involving pregnancy, let me try something and upload a fixed version, lets hope it does not include any other errors.

edit-- the fix is up
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:26:14 PM by delta224 »

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2009, 01:26:07 AM »
For version 1.29.3.3 that was just posted, the Next and Previous buttons no longer seem to work off the Girls Details screen.

Since I depend pretty heavily on being able to cycle through screens from the Girls Detail mode, I don't think I'll be able to play enough to see if the original problem is fixed or not.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 01:38:43 AM by Wispowill »

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2009, 02:09:33 AM »
I'll run through a game quick just to test it.

[Edit]

1: The Sterile and/or Incorporial traits are not preventing girls from getting pregnant (see CC in first attached save file - autosave.gam).  Also note that CC was using anti-pregnancy potions at the time.  The anti-preg potions appear to work fine for everyone else.

2: Had many "next week" crashes.  Attached the game log file generated after one of them, if it helps.

3: The game progressed to a point, 51-53 weeks or so after the first daughter was born; I saved the game, advanced two turns and the game crashed.  The autosave file was corrupted, so I loaded the regular save, and advanced two turns when the game crashed.  Wash, rinse, repeat ad infinitum.  Loaded the save, advanced 1 turn, saved and the game crashed.  Save file is now corrupted (blah.gam attached).  Strangely enough, the autosave file is no longer corrupted, will attempt to continue from there.

[Edit 2]

The problem in part 3 is that at some point CC got inseminated by a monster, and the game was crashing on the due date.  Coat hanger should fix the crash.

[Edit 3]

For the first time ever in any of the games I've played, a girl got an STD.  Also, apparently the matrons are kinda bugged: mine just allowed two girls to work themselves to death.  Usually they take them off duty by the time the girls' health starts to drop - I've never seen them go to a second so-tired-it-hurts shift.

I can confirm that the new patch fixes the save/load problem for daughters who have come of age (proof is blah(2).gam file attached).  I can also confirm that the previous/next buttons on the girl management screen are borked.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 03:04:59 AM by zodiac44 »
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."