devolution

Author Topic: Bugs 1.29.3  (Read 75913 times)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Bugs 1.29.3
« on: November 30, 2009, 03:52:53 AM »
New bug thread!

Let's start off with XML.  Something is royally buggered in either the xml files or the parsing function (or wherever the parsing function sends the data, what the hell do I know?).  When you start a new game, the program throws a conniption and then crashes if there are any xml girls files.  If there is an xml items file, the second window (debug screen?) shows a whole crapload of errors (I'd paste some here, but for some reason it won't let me copy text from the window) - my guess is one error for each item in the file(s).  The game starts, but there are no items in the shop.  The gamelog file is of less than zero help, as it records none of the badness going on.

A second bug I noticed is that the save files now appear in the root directory as well as the save directory.  The .mast files are apparently gone, though I suppose someone might have decided that they are redundant, so it may not be a bug.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Bugs 1.29.3
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 04:43:50 AM »
Let's start off with XML.  Something is royally buggered in either the xml files or the parsing function (or wherever the parsing function sends the data, what the hell do I know?). 

The parser is tinyxml, which is quite widely used. So it's probably not that. Which means it'll be my fault.

When you start a new game, the program throws a conniption and then crashes if there are any xml girls files. 

Yep, it does. Got a fix for that ready, so should be sorted soon :)

If there is an xml items file, the second window (debug screen?) shows a whole crapload of errors (I'd paste some here, but for some reason it won't let me copy text from the window) - my guess is one error for each item in the file(s).  The game starts, but there are no items in the shop.  The gamelog file is of less than zero help, as it records none of the badness going on.

Me being lazy. I've started making sure all errors go to the log file, but I still have some I need to retro-fit.

A second bug I noticed is that the save files now appear in the root directory as well as the save directory.  The .mast files are apparently gone, though I suppose someone might have decided that they are redundant, so it may not be a bug.

Odd. None of my changes made them reduant. I wonder if one of the save files is the .mast file with a borked name.

I'll get on these ASAP.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 05:29:18 AM »
Odd. None of my changes made them reduant. I wonder if one of the save files is the .mast file with a borked name.

Looking into it, that's exactly what the problem is.  The .gam.mast file gets saved in the root directory without the .mast extension.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:06:57 AM »
OK, that's easy fixed, at least :)

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 08:34:14 AM »
Yeah, this release was more a test of the xml before 1.30 is released.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »
Got the XML problem: I changed the capitalisation on some tags to try and be consistent in my naming conventions.  Easy fix.

[edit]

Meh, need to do the girl files too...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:49:59 AM by DocClox »

Offline sammeh

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 02:15:01 PM »
The brothel icons (red lips) are missing on the town screen.

But love the load time one this version, way faster.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 02:23:30 PM »
That sounds like the icon name issue again. Try going into the resources folder and renaming BrothelOn0.png to BrothelOn.png and BrothelOff0.png to BrothelOff.png

Let me know if that fixes it :)

Offline Zeus

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 03:19:32 PM »
not ab bug, just a question i don't know where i post it else... what about these "accom" Boutton in the Girl Detail screen? what is this? ^^

someone could please write a new Manual with a view Screens? ... sry for the offtopic... ^^''

okay, i think now i got a bug, its like the same bug i got in 1.29.2 but don't think on it... if i klick on the 6 brothel Button on the map (Left corner) he ask me if i like to buy it... but i got it already?
and now in this game after i klick on the button for the sixth brothel and he ask me to buy it and i said no the game looks like to freeze... no button reaktin after... they turn a little grey if i point them but nothing else....
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 03:36:54 PM by Zeus »
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 03:34:12 PM »
I noticed a couple of things on my first play through:

1) free girls default to poor accommodations when they used to default to adequate.  It's fine if the change was intentional, but players should note that it is now different.

2) free girls default to a house percentage of 0 instead of 60.  My guess is that they are now using the value from the "house" field in the .girls file, though I haven't messed around with it to confirm yet.

not ab bug, just a question i don't know where i post it else... what about these "accom" Boutton in the Girl Detail screen? what is this? ^^

The "Accom" buttons change the level of accommodations for the girl.  Higher accommodations cost more and are supposed to deliver benefits, though I haven't seen any need for setting them higher than "Adequate"

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 03:43:39 PM »
1) free girls default to poor accommodations when they used to default to adequate.  It's fine if the change was intentional, but players should note that it is now different.

2) free girls default to a house percentage of 0 instead of 60.  My guess is that they are now using the value from the "house" field in the .girls file, though I haven't messed around with it to confirm yet.

Sounds like a bug. I'll take a look.

someone could please write a new Manual with a view Screens? ... sry for the offtopic... ^^''

Anyone want to take a crack at it? I have a ton of coding to do, but I'll happily answer questions where things aren't clear.

okay, i think now i got a bug, its like the same bug i got in 1.29.2 but don't think on it... if i klick on the 6 brothel Button on the map (Left corner) he ask me if i like to buy it... but i got it already?

Yeah, sounds like the same bug.

Offline mbscout

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 04:21:17 PM »
I'm sure this bug has been posted before, but I'll restate it.
Trying to send Carrera (Monster girl) to the dungeon freezes the game.  I got her from walking around town. 
Also, I noticed that even with house % set to 60%, the end of week summery said I kept all the money.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 04:39:13 PM »
The percent at end of the week is still fraked up, great. 

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 05:14:59 PM »
This is either a bug or proof on how badly balanced rivals are. I just "defeated" a rival on week 2 with by only placing my guards as Training=4 and Kidnapping Girl=4 even do I go 0 girls and everything >.<
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 05:18:57 PM »
proof, the gangs have not been touched, though one of other rivals could have done it though..