Author Topic: Bugs 1.29.3  (Read 75909 times)

Offline sgb

Re: Bugs 1.29.3
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 05:55:20 PM »
It may just be rivals are occasional getting spawned with almost no money.  Thus they get attacked once right away, and lose.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 06:51:21 PM »
That's a good point. Maybe I should set it up so that not only does the player not get attacked for a few weeks, but that no-one gets attacked for that period.

Might be fun to make an event of it - have the outbreak of Gang War as a news item.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 06:59:38 PM »
It still not cool for 3 gangs to gang up on one finishing it off in 2 weeks
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 08:04:56 PM »
A number of items are now showing up in the shop with a 0 price. Using the editor it looks like the values are still in the xml file. However, not all items have 0 price... just some of them. Haven't been able to determine yet what makes the difference.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 08:09:31 PM »
Will look into when I have time, I am knee deep in other work at the moment, and probably will still be knee deep for the rest of the week. 

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 08:14:47 PM »
A number of items are now showing up in the shop with a 0 price. Using the editor it looks like the values are still in the xml file. However, not all items have 0 price... just some of them. Haven't been able to determine yet what makes the difference.

Looks like it's Badness. The price zero ones seem to have badness 0. the price 20 have badness 20 ... It's an easy enough fix. Thanks for pointing it out.

* DocClox exits stage left, singing: "Badness, Badness, They call it Badness...")

Offline sgb

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 11:02:42 PM »
Okay, I can confirm item prices are being set to their 'badness' value.  It's not just a display error, everything actually costs 0-100 gold now.

On the plus side, I noticed random girls aren't being generated with supermodel looks every time now.  The values that get generated are now what I'd expect given the range of values I set.

Offline Nuller

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 11:54:09 PM »
It seems that every random girl (from both kidnapping, catacombs and the salve market) is age 18 and has the lolita trait. iirc the lolita trait is for when they were generated with an age<18, so I'm guessing something is borked with that, -ve maybe?
Also getting the contradictory messages of non-enjoyment in the act description followed by enjoyment after the customers enjoyment message.
Using the 1.29.4 linux binary, but reporting here since Doc mentioned it should be essentially the same as the current windows binary.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 02:23:26 AM »
Is the game still corrupted when you have a child or are both my saves unlucky ?
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 02:39:35 AM »
I can load a game where one of my girls is pregnant, so that's no broken.  I don't know what happens after birth yet, though I'll run the game through to check.

[edit]
confirmed saves load after child birth.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 03:37:11 AM by zodiac44 »
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 06:44:32 AM »
It seems that every random girl (from both kidnapping, catacombs and the salve market) is age 18 and has the lolita trait. iirc the lolita trait is for when they were generated with an age<18, so I'm guessing something is borked with that, -ve maybe?

Looking at RandomGirls.rgirlsx, the min and max ages for everyone seem to be zero. so it may be a bug in the perl script I used to convert the existing .rgirls files to the new format. Let me have a look...

Also getting the contradictory messages of non-enjoyment in the act description followed by enjoyment after the customers enjoyment message.
Using the 1.29.4 linux binary, but reporting here since Doc mentioned it should be essentially the same as the current windows binary.

I haven't looked at the enjoyment messages at all. As necno would say, "I'll add it to the list"

[edit]

Nope, I'm wrong. The ages were zero (min and max) in the original files as well. The age is being passed from the script handler, which uses an array of anonymous variables to handle everything, so it's hard to tell what's going on there. I'll have another look.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:39:55 AM by DocClox »

Offline Rose

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 10:13:46 AM »
Some girls just don't seem to appear in the game as they should for some reason. They're listed in the save file and the pack they're in is listed in the .mast (or rather, the file this version uses instead of a .mast), but they never seem to appear in the game...

Edit: This one cleared up after completely quitting and the game and then reloading the save.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 01:50:27 PM by Rose »
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 11:27:01 AM »
Is it the same girls, do you know?

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2009, 11:28:34 AM »
that may explain why i had a few of my girls turn up to be age 0 when they started.
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2009, 11:37:50 AM »
Someone do me a favour: make a subdirectory in Resources\Characters and move the girlsx and rgirlsx files into that.

After that, start a new game and see if the age bug is still there. If it is, then it's not the XML. I'd do it myself, but my non-xml loading is borked for O/S depenant reasons.