devolution

Author Topic: Bugs 1.29.3  (Read 75907 times)

Offline Wispowill

Re: Bugs 1.29.3
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2009, 12:24:37 PM »
The following three bugs are still present in this version...

When a movie ends, not all the time slots clear correctly. This results in starting a new movie when accessing the girls detail screen in order to change the job that wasn't cleared to start with. It seems to have something to do with girls who work both day and night on the movie. The day shift will clear ok, but the night shift doesn't and appears as 0 weeks to go on the management screen.

Player inventory periodically disappears. I tend to save rare items I get from the catacombs just for special girls, but sometimes I'll find that my 20-30 items have all disappeared at some point.

When a girl gets busted for drugs the one that gets sent to town hall prison is always the very first girl in the first brothel.

And in the game logic department...
Generated characters can start with the MILF characteristic and still be virgin. I guess adopting children while still single must be popular in this dimension?  :)

Offline sgb

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 01:10:29 PM »
Looking at RandomGirls.rgirlsx, the min and max ages for everyone seemto be zero. so it may be a bug in the perl script I used to convert theexisting .rgirls files to the new format. Let me have a look...
This is how it worked before; the game just completely ignored the age variables of random girls and assigned something between 18 and 30something.  If you fixed this and it now actually uses the assigned age range, then Necro's original random girl file will need to be updated.  I'll test this later with my custom random girls and see if they're getting a proper age assigned.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 01:16:28 PM »
I haven't fixed it, although now I know it needs attention, I might :)

So that lets the XML loader off the hook for the age bug, but doesn't get us any further forward. hmmm...

Offline Rose

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 01:58:56 PM »
My save suddenly died for some reason. I could play fine, but when I tried to load the game, it crashed. Attached the save and the game log to the post.
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2009, 02:12:16 PM »
I think I fixed it. try the attached file

Note preg can still screw up the saves.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2009, 02:19:31 PM »
Teensy tiny minor bug (doesn't really affect game play at all): there is a math error in the house take computation.  Setting the house percentage to 95%, a girl who earns 100 on a job keeps 6 and gives 94 to the player.  At a guess, it looks like the kind of error you'd expect when working with floating point numbers, though the precision in this case seems far too small to see that effect.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Alugere

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2009, 03:40:09 PM »
I just had a daughter reach maturity whose level is 15 and her mother was level 2. Am I just that high of a level?

Offline sgb

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2009, 04:56:10 PM »
I haven't fixed it, although now I know it needs attention, I might :)

So that lets the XML loader off the hook for the age bug, but doesn't get us any further forward. hmmm...
Okay, I've tested this some more:
-Unique girls are all getting set to age 0.
-Random girls without a defined age range (ie Necro's file with 0 min and max age) automatically get set to 18 - on another note, I thought the minimum age was supposed to be 17 now?  This was working in earlier versions but seems to have been reverted.
-Random girls with a defined age range are actually working like they are supposed to.  Apparently this bug DID get fixed somewhere along the line.

Point 1 needs to be looked at, but all that needs to be done about point 2 is to punch in some numbers for the ages in Necro's random girls file.
Edit: Confirmed.  I fixed Necro's file and the Slave Market girls are getting age ranges I specified.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 05:04:54 PM by sgb »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2009, 05:06:12 PM »
Well that's good news, anyway :) I suppose that's one of the benefits of the XML changeover is it makes it easier to check this sort of thing.

I'll look at the unique girls tomorrow morning. Should be simple enough to find.

[edit]

Decided to look at it tonight, instead. Odd thing: Ayanami Rei is 14 in the girlsx file, and 14 in the game, too. I'd have expected that to have been modified upward to 17. Definitely not getting 0 or 18. Alena is loading (correctly) as 20.

I think I'll try and compile up a new build of this tomorrow, unless solo or delta fancy doing one before then. Code is in tags/release_1.29.3/wmfix2, release r110
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 06:34:28 PM by DocClox »

Balmung60

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »
huh, for me Rei's age defaults to 17

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2009, 08:44:43 PM »
Let me try to find an error that I thought I fixed and I will release a version later, this may relate to the buying the final brothel again as well.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2009, 09:07:55 PM »
Cool :D

Offline sgb

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2009, 09:09:53 PM »
Whatever you've done with the formula for calculating looks, it's definitely a lot more realistic now.  Characters that were coming in at ~90 in 1.29.2 are coming in at ~50 now, and 'lesser' characters in the low 30s now.  This is definitely a good step forward for improving difficulty.

Edit: It looks like it's exactly the average of Charisma and Beauty.  Before I think it was weighing mainly on Beauty alone, as +charisma items weren't seeing as much of a looks gain as a +beauty item.  This is something I'll take into account for balancing item prices.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 09:14:31 PM by sgb »

Offline Alugere

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2009, 09:17:06 PM »
Currently, it seems as though there is no way to use items which have been created in the item creator to affect all girls temporarily. I give one to a girl, tell her to use it, and nothing happens. The item doesn't even go away.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 09:19:09 PM »
New build is up, but keep posting bugs.

I don't know what we've done with looks if anything.

The item issue is an outstanding bug that I have yet to figure out where it is.